IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Dead Space 3

A week to go! (for me it comes on the 8th)

Weapon crafting, co-op, absolutely pineappleing terrifying new enemies and wayyyyy scarier redesigns of some old ones.

I was a bit worried at first that the co-op would detract from the experience, but Isaac and John see different kinds of madness, if 2 players are playing in co-op, they will see different visions, and co-op adds extra cutscenes and i'm guessing more enemies or tougher enemies.

Leapers and Slashers have been redesigned to fit with the new setting:
    Leaper

Slasher (there are also different variants that look "fresher" and faster and have long thin blades)

also Stalkers are returning (the smart ones that sneak around, hide behind walls and charge you when you get distracted). can you imagine fighting those things in the snow?

new enemies include the Waster, kind of a mix between Slashers and the Lurkers (the babies with the 3 tentacles)
    another new enemy is the Feeders

The Demo is currently available for Xbox360 and Ps3, but not PC unfortunately.

I'm super excited for this game. Super excited.

2. Default Re: Dead Space 3

Pre-ordered the game long ago. Have been a big fan of the series since the first installment, where the series was strongest. I was so thrilled to have a full-blown survival horror series that had not been pineappleed up tremendously yet, and it was so good. DS2 was even better, and was just as great, which is why I bought the Collector's Edition when it came out and I have platinum'd them both. I plan to do the same with DS3, although I would be lying if I said I was not worried about the direction EA is taking the series in... the first two were fantastic games, and with the series gathering a huge following because of that, they're trying to make it their next golden child. I'm okay with some action in the series, in fact, I welcome it, but they better not be removing the scary, horror part of the series to make room for it.

And the fact that they're throwing out all these micro-transactions and day-1 DLC (11 DLC packs on release day, are you pineappleing kidding me?) does not make me feel better about the whole situation. But that's a whole different discussion... either way, can't wait until Monday, cause my friend and I will be heading up to Gamestop for the midnight release and will be starting our coop playthrough when we get home.

3. Default Re: Dead Space 3

Well, it will take away from the tension and fear. This genre doesn't do well with more people; it's like watching a scary movie with friends: sure, you might still be slightly startled, but overall you're probably not going to be tense, and you'll more than likely distract each other with jokes/shenanigans which often causes some scenes to be missed or for them to not have as much ''weight''/impact. Fear with friends is really just surprise with laughter.

Still very much looking forward to it though as I heavily enjoyed 1 & 2. Probably going to play through 2 again before I get 3.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Dead Space 3

Spoiled it a little for myself.
    The chapter titles spell out a secret message, like NICOLE IS DEAD in the original
    Spoiler

5. Default Re: Dead Space 3

I'm very much looking forward to this game and based on what I have seen it will probably be even better then Dead Space 2.

6. Default Re: Dead Space 3

I like it the best out of the 3, but just like I thought the co-op is horrifically lame. Impossible difficulty + co-op feels like it's on easy mode. The only thing they did was increase the spawn very slightly for co-op but everything has, or seems to have, the same amount of HP and whatnot as single player. I recommend playing single player for a while for a ''legitimate'' experience.

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Default Re: Dead Space 3

I played it on single player and enjoyed it immensely, and apart from the fact that certain missions are Co-Op only, I completely forgot that Co-Op even existed, it just felt like the first 2 games to me. It was less scary because, well, i'm used to it. But the game was fun, the story was interesting, and the ending makes me really excited for the future of the games.

I also loved how they worked the words "dead space" into key parts of dialogue to make it hit home that this is what has been the full story from the very first game. The story all fits together and i love it.

The parts with the feeders I thought were especially creepy, not fighting them, but the buildup, like when you find a text log saying "We have almost ran out of food, what are we going to do now?" and you think "Crap, there's going to be a lot of feeders here aren't there."

8. Default Re: Dead Space 3

When I was getting close to finishing my first playthrough I just kept thinking to myself, ''How do you top this?!''. The first two games were pretty vague about everything then this one was like ALL THE STORY!. Had a really nice feeling of progression and I was completely satisfied with it. I loved a lot of the ''sub story'' as well that you find in the audio/text logs.

If they make another game I'm actually kind of worried since I just think it would be hard to top 3 in terms of overall gameplay and story.