Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: [In Progress] Middle of Nowhere Mafia

1. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

The decision to lynch becomes a decision to focus on the matter at hand instead.

Old Tom's place at the edge of town has been untouched since the last time it's been investigated, but something seems different.

One of the townspeople has taken the REJ key from earlier and is trying it in all the doors and anything else that has a keyhole. After a couple of hours, it seems to be a useless effort. The next idea that they come up with is to search Tom's personal files. His diary is found, opened and read, much to the disdain of some of the people.

It reads:

How would this list be so current? Tom has been missing for days. Could it be possible he is hiding somewhere?

It's getting late, and so the townspeople leave the diary at the house and return to their own abodes. Perhaps the day will shed some light.

It is now Night 6. The day will begin in 30 minutes.

2. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

After a prolonged debate the day before, the townspeople return to see if the mystery can finally be solved.

In the town hall, Mr. Phillips - the grocer, @RandomZodiac - lies dead. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary in the town hall, so they check the supermarket. Sure enough, there is a mess of food on the floor, all rotten and also half-eaten.

What might have possibly driven Phillips to do this?

Player List

Dead list

The townspeople return to Town Hall only to discover that Steven Phillips' body has disappeared, with no trace whatsoever.

The hall is definitely free of clues. But who killed the grocer, put his body in the town hall and then removed it before everyone could get back?

Investigations Pending

Test the chemicals in the doctor's office. Might any of these chemicals help determine who killed the doctor, or anyone else?

Go back to the garage. Elizabeth was supposed to flee town before she was found dead in the garage. Did she get this letter? If she did, what might be hidden in the garage?

Check Mr. Hawking's more thoroughly. The key was definitely taken from the trapdoor in the garage, but how did Mr. Hawking get the letter? Maybe there is a clue in his office.

It is now Day . The lynch and the end of the day will occur at 9 PM PST on Friday, February 15, 2013. Or so help me God.
    Last edited by Jedward; 2013-02-15 at 09:37 AM.

3. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Wow! The night sure was short. I guess this means that there is one mafia around.

Test the chemicals in the doctor's office.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Well that was a failed science experiment. I can't help but think one of the no lynch supporters is Mafia.

[VOTE]: @MetaSeraphim;
    Go back to the garage.

5. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Say what? While I said in my theory that there wasn't a mafia I said deaths would continue during the Night because that is how the game was set-up. (In my theory.)

The fact that you apparently didn't read that part and you're jumping the gun on voting for me makes me believe you're one of the 1-2 possible mafians since once again we are alive today.

Go back to the garage.

6. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Finding the killer has not worked in our favor, so going for clues would be the next best option. Was yesterday's message to not vote for lynches? There are only 6 of us left we need to be really careful of how we go about the lynches. Going after MetaSeraphim doesn't really make sense after the clues that we have gotten. I still think no lynch would be best, but lets face it we have better options than MetaSeraphim. With almost no abilities TheBirds being detective doesn't really make sense, while FenixR has been siting watching us kill each other. The the rest of us have been actually trying to figure out what is happening. Like I said, I still think no lynch would be best till we can investigate a little more, but if we have to go after someone...

[Vote]Go back to the garage.
    [Vote]FenixR

7. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

FenixR hasn't made one single post since the game started, but is actively posting in other parts of Southperry.

8. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Since the last one worked, I'll hold off on the results until the next day. Sorry.

With one vote for MetaSeraphim and one vote for FenixR, one of the townspeople flips a coin to decide fairly.

Todd Jenkins is hung outside. Having been silent the entire time, he offers no resistance.

A further search of the Jenkins residence offers no evidence toward wrongdoing on Todd's part. As the murder on Martha Jenkins has led to the idea of a suicide, no deeper investigation is conducted there.

The remaining townspeople head to Elizabeth Jamison's garage in hope of finding more clues. The car did indeed hold gas, but only enough to make it to the edge of town. There is no evidence of tampering with the car, but it hasn't been used lately.

Scared of any further accidents happening, the townspeople stay in the town hall for the night.

It is now Night 7. The night will end at 4:30 PM PST on Sunday, February 17.
    Last edited by Jedward; 2013-02-17 at 06:43 PM.

9. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

This has gone on long enough, don't you agree?

The day breaks in Town Hall, where everyone has spent most of the past day in fear of another 'accident' happening.

A roll call occurs.

Full player list

An explosion occurs outside.

No one wants to leave the hall to investigate, and a surprise voice speaks up.

"Well, then maybe y'all should get to decidin' who has to."

Sitting in a corner in the hall, Old Tom stands up. He has been gone for almost a week, but where did he go?

Instead of a lynch vote today, you will decide which of the remaining players to send outside. This will determine who wins. Choose wisely.

It is now Day 8, the final day. The day will end at 5 PM PST on Monday, February 18.

10. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Y'all know that ya have evrythin' ya need to make th' right decision, right?

Bettuh get to thinkin'.

[VOTE] Send no one outside

11. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

@Jedward; Clarification, can we send multiple people outside?

12. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Nuh uh sweet pea. Just leaves room for more questions.

If someun goes outside and somethin' happens, then we know it was their fault, get?

13. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Since nobody's talking, VOTE: Send yewjrn out

Maybe this will just generate more discussions.

14. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

I really have no idea what to do here. Even if we have been given everything we need to know, I don't get it. I am tempted to just send no one outside. With the lack of posts, it doesn't seem like anyone knows what to do...or they are hiding what they know...

15. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

[VOTE] Send no one outside

I figure Old Tom knows more than we do.

16. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Rememb'r on th' first day, when I said I had the town's inter'st in mind? Yuh.. ya should decide if that's still the case.

Heh heh heh.

17. Default Re: Middle of Nowhere Mafia

Deciding to simply hide it out, the six townspeople take a nap.

Hours later, they awake to find the old man gone again. Dinner is served, and a faint smell of almonds is in the air. The other five continue talking: why did Tom disappear again, and where?

Come bedtime, the old man still hasn't shown up. The five townies go to bed.

-----

"Come to Middle. You'll have a gas."

The last words to ever come out of a broadcast in Middle were ones inviting people to it, but nothing is left in the town. A few reporters from Somewhere visited the town following the gassing of the five townspeople in their own town hall, evidently by the old man who also killed himself in the process. No one knew where he got the hydrogen cyanide he used, or how he was even able to kill the townies who stayed in their town hall. The other recorded deaths in the days before showed no immediate evidence against anyone, but after studying the old man's reported mannerisms it was clear that he had been the murderer of the quiet little town.

Why? Nobody knows.

The town has lost.