Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [TENTATIVE] NEW EXP TABLE

1. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

To hit the cap is my real test, to train is my cause.....

2. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

Like I said I own a private server and in that private server I coded a basic chat handler which takes the inputted level, sends a change level packet to the client, waits 1.5 seconds (there's a delay between changing level and then exp mouse cursor to update) and then appends the image to a png. Here's code for that too if you're interested http://pastebin.com/x2Kesc2n.
    Umm ok. Read my post again. I play every version of MS on the same locale. JMS, GMS, KMS, CMS, TWMS, EMS, MSEA. I wasn't playing JMS in any way at all. JMS still uses int for exp not long. My pc is on japanese locale but I can play any version of MS regardless of my locale (see my previous post for the relevant functions).

3. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

Locale means jack, which client were you using and what server were you connecting to?
    You've already said the server was your own, so anything it says is meaningless. If you used your own custom built client the same problem applies, it'll display whatever you've told it to display.

Where did the actual data come from?
    Any moron can write a daemon to spew random numbers into a client. What is the basis of your assertion that yours is spewing the right numbers?

4. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

The EXP table is contained within the client's code. It's hard coded into the client. At no point is max exp ever sent to the client by the server. No packet available can set the required EXP to obtain a level. It would be illogical for there ever to be a packet that has this functionality. As I already stated in all of my posts regarding how I obtained these values I used my own sever which uses the official KMS client version 187 4,615 KB of pure client. Therefore my server has to conform to all of the rules the KMS client expects. To re-iterate that I am using the official KMS client and I am running a server which the official KMS client connects to and emulates the functionality of the official KMS server.

I am sorry if you can't comprehend this or isn't "proof enough" for you. Feel free to level to 250 but this is the best you've got. Like I said please feel free to try out the provided source code. To explain it a little bit more the very first packet is the handshake packet initialized with a send/ recv IV of 0, the second packet is a change map packet which is used to load your character, all of your items, skills etc. This is a widely known packet if you look at any private server source code you will see it. The rest of the packets are change level packets, increasing your level by one each time. I made them all encrypted pre-made packets to keep the code short, feel free to get the encryption from MapleShark and decrypt the packets. Once you decrypt them decipher each byte manually to your hearts content using public private server sources as a guide to work out what is what until you realize there is no max exp value sent to the client. I can post the unencrypted packets if you wish.

I posted that code so someone else can verify the exp table is correct. If you aren't a programmer and don't understand what the code does or how to set it up then wait for someone to test and verify.

5. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

That's the only relevant thing you've said in ~4 posts and could've ended this discussion well ahead if you'd been less focused on showing off how smart you are rather than making your claims verifiable.

6. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

Anyone that got KMST 330 can probably do this. In that version they distributed a clean EXE file. Maybe just change it to KMS by changing the login servers?

I'm not saying that's what he did. I'm saying that it's possible.

7. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

Only a client version after the level cap was raised would be valid, because there's no guarantee an older client would have the correct values. The "how" is easy enough but if it's not done on the right framework it's little better than a guess.

8. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

Here's a somewhat more generic way of getting the EXP table from the client regardless of the version http://pastebin.com/Jc40FiPy if you use it on a pre-bb version or if Nexon completely changes the exp curve in the future just update the firstLevels array and you will be able to grab the entire exp table. This should work just fine on any version of MS and supports a scan of both int32 exp table and int64 exp table. Any MS version which doesn't support over level 200 will show some random values for levels 201+, this is more than likely because it's a hard coded fixed size array and those random values aren't anything to do with the real exp table. Here is a textual output generated from that code rather than me typing it out so shouldn't have any miss-typed values http://pastebin.com/gptg2yZV

EDIT: Note that it's a very basic memory reader so you can't run that in-game, must be used before the maple window fully opens.

9. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

@FrozenPi; I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure posting stuff like that is against the rules. I would suggest editing that out.

10. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

we need more people like frozenpi on this forum :D

11. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

It's not. It's a passive diagnostic tool that can't be adapted anything malicious by itself since it doesn't have anyway to bypass security.
    He does have a tendency to push very close to the edge of banning though.

12. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

Hopefully it's not considered bumping, but here's a picture from GMST at Lv. 211, and it matches with this EXP table.

So maybe it's safe to confirm that GMS is following this EXP table.

Image source

13. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: Sylvananna
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 210
    Job: Mercedes
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Alliance: Muse
    Farm: Farm
    canada

Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

I really hope we keep this EXP table, I don't want to be able to hit 250 in a week or month; I want the competition of fighting for ranks to be a part of the game again.

14. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

Once again I'm excited for the level cap increase. Now I don't have to make another Kaiser to enjoy the feeling of leveling one

15. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

wow gonna take close to 3 years to reach 250 at advanced knights. imma pass. I don't want the world to recognize me as extreme masochist

ill wait until 5th job are out.

16. ☆ ♥ ツ Straight Female
    IGN: QuIt!!!
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 184
    Job: ♥Bishop
    Guild: QUIT!
    Alliance: quit quit QUIT
    Michigan

Well, considering I've played my bishop for a good year (3 years total with a 2 yr break) and I'm lvl 184 and can't seem to find a good party with to level up, I think 250 is out of the question for me since I can't even get to 200

17. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Server: Scania
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

oh boy oh boy its like leveling pre 4th job again!

18. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

Unless exp is not removed upon death, this is terrifying for anyone who does boss runs.
    i don't like this.
    edit: I think the easiest way to find out the exp tables is for someone who has CMST to level up to find the values.
    Last edited by Bomber; 2013-06-14 at 06:49 PM. Reason: idea

19. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

It's not too bad for people who don't care about levels though.
    Exp curve is still pretty ridiculous of course.

20. Default Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW EXP TABLE

Those who got perm safty charm will have huge advantage on death XD lucky me I got one wish my other char can get some too