Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something?

Even assuming duration boosters apply independently, only caring about the base duration:
    Shell (20s) + Buff mastery (10s) + S rank Mechanic card (3s) + shell duration hyper skill (5s) = 38 seconds of immortality.

And for cooldown:
    Shell (90s) - S rank Mercedes card (3.6s) - cooldown cutting hyper skill (45s) = 41.4 seconds of cooldown.

The two together make for a massive really freakin' small 3.4 seconds of vulnerability between shells. (or 5.2s if the 4% Mercedes card applies after the hyper reduction)

2. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

That's only 10 hits worth or so... which isn't alot.

True you have Heaven's gate... but compared to Paladins...

Hadriel

3. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

From what I've heard, Hyper Skill cooldown reductions don't stack with anything.

4. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Still, most of the time I don't even come close to running out of 'hits' for shell, and there's even a hyper skill to get 2 more.
    Not many attacks disregard temp immunity on hit/guard/whatever, and the ones that do tend to be avoidable with decent positioning, which mages get tons of through teleporting at any point during an attack.

5. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Yeah, hit count really isn't an issue with shell for the most part.
    As stated above, I'm not sure cool down reductions work on hypers.

6. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Buff duration increase and cooldown reduction should work on Hypers, but Nexon America derped on us.

It's not really that OP since the shell only blocks up to 10 (12 with Hyper) attacks.

7. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

For everyone mentioning HMS only blocking 12 attacks, just pop on a +2 Second Invincibility on your top/overall and you're pretty much there, not quite, but close enough. Oh, wait, get lucky with some cubing and you will be.

8. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Yeah with +2s invincibility you can only get hit every 3s. There's also a +3s invicibility line, so you only get hit every 4s with that.

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

doesn't shield like that not care for invincibility? since you're not getting hit, the shield is?

10. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Doesn't the cooldown begin after the buff runs out? Or was that changed?

11. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Not sure if it has always been this way or not, but as of testing ten seconds ago, nope.
    Cooldown starts counting down as the buff goes on, not as it wears off.

12. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

I guess it did change. I remember the cooldown starting once the buff ran out.

13. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Never notice that on my bishop though.

14. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Nope. I have a Hs mule and i had added one point into shell to mess around with it after maxing Hs, the cooldown has always started once you activate the skill.

15. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Just partied with a bish a few hours ago, and it looks like you're right.

16. www.thatwasmykil.com
    IGN: ThatWasMyKil
    Server: Bera
    Level: 203
    Job: Battle Bishop
    Guild: Inspired
    Alliance: Virtus
    australia

17. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Helps so much with your pet names.

18. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Where's your waifu Android? xd

19. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

... does the +50% buff duration from buff mastery work with ab's link?
    Also can you cast buffs while angel vengeance is up?

20. Default Re: Bishop hypers. Are we supposed to become nigh immortal, or am I missing something

Sure does.