View Poll Results: Do you think adventurers need a revamp this drastic?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 70.37%
  • No

3 11.11%
  • i play league of legends instead lolol

5 18.52%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

You mean with trampolines, right?

...BEST. PIERRE. FIGHT. EVER.

2. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

You should suggest Idea's that you would like other than trapolie. And like if you should just want being the fastest & smoothest again or some other kind of theme. someone might end up writing something about it. just for pomegranates and giggles anyway.

3. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

im actually fiddling around with ideas for a Thief revamp. they're much harder to adjust for me than warriors though.

in other news, updated the OP a bit. after about a month im starting to realize some things were weaker than i thought they would be, others were stronger.

really, really rough update notes because its really late. most of these changes was to bring the skill in line with other skills (either it was too weak or too strong)

rush- down to 225% for all classes, puts it a little under the damage of kaisers and DS

drk;
    spear crusher-buffed teency bit because i boned them out of dragon crusher in 3rd job
    dragon fury- adjusted a teency bit because it was a bit strong
    beholden infusion - realized that 3 lines was probably over the top, took it down to Two. yes, two sounds crazy still, but look at it this way....DrKs are 3rd from last in both hits/s and %/sec. they need something over the top.
    corrupted dragon blood - toned down empowered dragon fury because it was over the top

pala;
    -buffed elemental earth a little, increase enemies hit to 8 from 6
    lightning charge - down to 60% from 75%, and 1 wep atk speed from 2. frankly, this gave way too much for just a 3rd job buff.
    Sanctified Elements - now also gives 30% passive damage.

hero;
    -retooled Coma and Panic alot.
    Panic - buffed to 400% 4 times. 1600% damage is alooooott for a 3rd job attack, but its a finishing move that eats combo, i feel it is appropriate here. if i wake up later (with my senses about me) and find its crazy, ill bring it down.
    coma - buffed to 475% 3 times. 1375% damage not bad.
    combat tactics - buffed p&c damage to 250% because they did garbage damage beforehand.
    hero's conscript - buffed alot. did several different hypothetical situations, found out the soldiers did like one third the damage of 3 kaiser tornadoes in the same amount of time. now they do exactly 2400% every 4 seconds, just like 3 tornadoes.

ill wake up in the morning and see where this all settles. one thing i noticed is DrKs and Heroes have 45% mincrit. thats really crazy. probably going to do one massive, final number sweep tomorrow.

also im almost done with a new class i made by myself, im extremely proud of it. not sure if im going to edit it in here or make a new thread. no idea.

ok, gonna go collapse now
    Last edited by LiquidSwing; 2013-02-17 at 11:26 PM.

4. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

*looks to see that there is no MM*

I would be a bit sad to not have Magnet but I guess that's my preference of fighting monsters sometimes. Anywho, I kinda like it but I'm curious to why the increase of attack speed (+3) in 4th job for drks since we already use fast (5) or normal speed weapons. .-.

5. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

i really, insanely dislike MM. so much in fact, I could write a paper on it. maybe one day I will.

also beholden had +3 speed because typo

in other news, final number sweep has been done. update notes here(not that anyone is checking these):

Spoiler

this one was a massive re-tune. i brought all abilities in line with their counterparts. also brought down the power of some abilities because having 45% mincrit passive is kind of crazy.

aside from that, Im pretty much done with this fan-made patch. The only other things that come to mind are getting rid of Advanced Weapon Mastery and adding something cool instead. However the problem with that is that im very, very satisfied with this revamp. As a result its hard for me to think of new abilities to slam in there, but time will tell.

I also wanted to do something cool for 2h paladins, but it just didn't work out. As I thought about it more it made less and less sense, especially since I thought "well what if heroes want the same treatment?" and at that point gave up the idea.

so this is kind of a "done" stamp. there probably wont be many updates to the OP, save for a few last issues. The jury is still out on how powerful beholden infusion is, and ill have to plot out damage done over time and compare before Ill fully know.

so I may or may not do one final write up to talk about how I feel the revamps came out and any issues I may still have with the classes post-revamp.

to close this, Im strongly thinking of doing a thief revamp, I got cool ideas for it that I think thieves would like. the thief revamp wont be as radical as this one though, because warriors were just in a really bad spot, like nazi internment camp starving kind of bad spot. Iam almost finished with my own self-made class, which I truly am proud of. Pretty sure Im going to make a new thread for that, which will be interesting and I think you guys will like it.

so ya, if you enjoyed my rambling non-sense look for a future thief revamp, new class I made, and more dumb ramblings.

6. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

I sorta like this patch, just a few things to comment, Drks should not have as much status resistance as a paladin, its been sort of a maple staple, that paladins have the most status resistance out of the wariors, giving that much to all other warriors just seems :s to me anyway. I like the direction you went with charges, but the problem i can see arising is the whole, boss is strong to X element, i think you have to create a way to get around this. Probably thinking of adding it to the skill that amplifies the elements in 4th job with adding the holy charge as well, but also making it ignore element reduction would be nice. I like what you did to magic crash. I like the new elemental attacks in 3rd job and how you buffed them in 4th job, its very nice. I like the 4th job one on one for paladins. Id just like to say if you could give it more % crit, and some ignore defense. Because my paladin nearly has 100% crit with blast, and having crit lowered is just like meh to me.... And the thing about the other user suggested to make it different for 2 hand pallies, please don't. I honestly see 2hand pallies as confused Heroes who for some reason tried to become paladins >.<' not insulting any 2hand blunt weapon pallies out there. I like the party achillles, and making hp recov able to heal party as well, ive always wanted to do this. I like the idea of increasing our hp by 50% but taking in the damage that all the other chars face for 20 seconds might be a little too much. Im hoping that the damage you received passes through the 70% damage reduction and all that weapon defense, because imagine taking the damage of classes with medium high hp, but that are squishy. You can see the dilema that might cost. But another thing about the party achilles, is that i really liked that achilles was passive,because getting dispelled/ sed +1/1 the only thing saving me was the passive achilles and the wpn defense, instead of a buff, make it a toggle? like mechs skills but when its toggled on it applies to all party members as well. I just dont like the idea of a dispellable achilles. If not toggle, at least make it non dispellable please. I really like the effects of shield bash, ive always wanted to do something with my shield that was an actual attack. But may i suggest you make it a mob move but with lowered damage. The shield bash i think would work great as crowd control with rush, its just that id like to see this move more like the evan skill that you damage an enemy, and you damage on said monster/s is increased by 20%. Lower the damage of it to like 350% x 4 hits mobs 6, but make it give a debuff to the monsters you strike. Something like, using your holy strength, you bash your shield over your enemies head, dumb stricken them for 10 seconds. Cool down 5 seconds. Giving the monsters a debuff. Making them take 20% more damage from you and your party(since it was turned to a mob move) :) and adding a ignore defense by 20%, since they are dumb stricken(sorta helpless). You can play with the numbers if you like the idea. I just thought of it if i did have a shield bash, id like it to be a mob move, and would like it to do something more other than damage. I mean it would vary up the way you attack creatures/bosses. You have to alternate from holy fire to shield bash, giving a good amount of mobbing and 1/1 in the fight. It would give the skill utility for others. Those are just my 2 cents, id like to hear what you think of it. Sorry if there is any typos, i wrote this like really early in the morning x0x. Also why the hate on marksman :C i honestly love both my paladin and marksman. I chose both classes b4 they got revamped, they were sorta the under dogs, well not so much anymore for marksman after the hyper skill patch. But i liked my marksman before all the crazy patches/revamps, and i honestly thought paladins and marksman would share an understanding of always being jipped by nexon in some way compared to their brother classes in the past. I mean i played my marksman to a very high level before big bang, but quit shortely after getting hacked and all my items stolen, but now if i say i like marksman ill prob be called a band wagoner :/ even though i made another marksman on a different account before they even announced they bowman hyper skills ~_~'

7. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

@KillerZero

you might wanna go back and read through again :D, there is alot to take in so i can see where you mis-interpreted some stuff

-drks and heroes have 40% resist, palas 60%
    -Nexon made paladin charges ignore "boss is strong to elements" a while ago
    -achilles still exists passively, it's called God's Chosen

as for blast ya i forgot to give it its old 50% crit lol. on the other hand, it has a 600%/sec dot tick now and you get 40% passive def ignore from lightning charge. as far as holy shield bash, i put it in because my revamped paladin still just spammed blast at bosses. i wanted to at least make him use something else, even if it is just to babysit a buff. it still sounds kind of weird to me that bashing something with a shield gives you a buff, so ill consider changing it.

glad you liked it overall though :)

8. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

After re reading it again, when its not like 3 am in the morning xD, i do see what u mean, i do believe you changed the shield bash skill, i still rather see it as a mob move, but it works nicely as to what you changed it into. So now it works more like additional damage? Im picturing that its more like, you shield bash, and while you have the buff, anytime you block a hit with the passive block and you would do earthquake damage and an extra 250% of damage? Im not entirely sure how its working an explanation would be nice :)
    I would really like you to make hypers for these changes to reflect the changes done to the classes. I mean i think all the hypers we have still would work for this because you didn't change the core skills, but i would like to see an adjustment of hypers, as a personal request please, and do something about the 5 min cd on god mode for paladins :c Or increase the buff time to 1 minute, or put in an entirely new concept where you become one with god and you under go a metamorphosis becoming a demigod with elemental powers. NOW THAT i would like to see very much. I'm just tossing that idea in, i would like to see it fleshed out, but i understand if it doesnt fit with your theme of a paladin. Or if you don't want that i was always saddened by the fact that paladins could not revive the dead. It just always irked me :s i understand that paladins would not want to mess with the natural order of life because of the grave consequences that can happen for doing so, but you could add that they are penalties if a paladin revives you. Like extra exp lost, or your damage is lowered for a brief while, it could also work on a % chance, saying that the paladin is attempting to reverse the flow of life through god, but the connection is unstable so theres a chance it might not work. Also do something about heros lvl 170 active hyper. IT IS completely useless and detremental to DPS -.-' I would like to see very much what kind of idea you would have for that. And for drks, i think the 170 active hyper skill would become obsolete with the new dark impale and all the new moves it got :s. Valhalla i can still see as viable, but not as needed since heros now have 40% status protection. What i can see here that fits with the whole general/commander theme is. You call out to the Heroes of maple past that have been slain in battle and reawaken their lost power to empower you and your party for a brief period of time. i was thinking 60 sec buff, 180 sec cd. You can play with the mechanic how you want, its just a suggestion for how i would like Valhalla to work. Dark thirst is just garbage tbh, well the way it is now with current drks its garbage, whats the point of 100% hp drain if you end up getting sed O>O and not able to keep attacking.
    It is just beyond stupid. I was thinking you could mess around with the idea of Dark Thirst being a hidden function of beholden that is activated at lvl 150. Something along the lines, beholden likes the taste of your Dragon blood, so it drinks to your health, but in return it gives a % damage increase for it. Was thinking it was a toggle skill. Since you liked the whole blood idea for drks i thought you could use that to continue your dragon+corruption powers. I would really like to see what you do with the 170 active hyper. So yeah those are my 2 cents. Hope it gives ideas/inspires you to make the hypers to go with these skills, because honestly im loving these changes now that i understand them better and reading them with a clear head.

9. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

changed a few things.

Spoiler

im 100% ok with the passive adventurer hyper skills, so im not doing anything to those.

some of the active ones are kind of garbage though, but some are actually really good. if i think i can do something cool with the garbage ones ill try.

10. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

so let me ask kaiser, the strongest warrior of another dimension, and protector of the novan race
    Demon slayer, one of the strongest black mage commanders, who have demon blood in his veins
    and Mihle, the blessed knight of light, leader of cygnus knigths and warrior teacher

why do these kiddos who aren't ANYONE IMPORTANT TO THE WORLD other than simple explorers are so strong......

i would like to make my own warrior revamp according to yours, excluding explorers, and making (DS, aran and mihle balanced while kaisers OP just like it should be)

Yeah if you haven't noticed it, i dislike your revamp

11. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

your entire post is a joke, i wont even dignify it with a real response. just enough to tell you im ignoring you, and you're the first person I've ever had to ignore on this forum. congrats.

12. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

Honestly the main problem is they buff useless skills little enough that they're still useless, or don't even improve 4th job skills (drk/paladin).

Hero: ACA, AFA, RB buffs - all 4th job skills, all (except the AFA accuracy) helpful
    Paladin: Threaten, Blast, HH buffs - only 2 4th job skills, and HH is functionally useless to the point that a 20% increase in damage and extra hit won't make it usable.
    Dark Knight: HB, Berserk, Impale buffs - only 2 4th job skills again. 20 second longer HB? Wow, that's sure useful

I'd like Hyper skills to all be useful - there's not much point worrying which ones to pick when you can just drop half of them as useless right off the bat. I suppose there are enough things you can drop SP into that it doesn't stand out, but really... an accuracy buff? Do they know how useless accuracy is in this game?

13. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

Dark Knights also have +20% minimum critical damage for Berserk as a Hyper Skill.
    With Wisdom and Berserk, we're already at 1.5-1.5x critical damage.
    This means that we have to rely on max critical damage boosters (+15% max crit potential, decent SE) to even make use of that particular boost.