View Poll Results: Do you think adventurers need a revamp this drastic?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 70.37%
  • No

3 11.11%
  • i play league of legends instead lolol

5 18.52%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

I kinda like it I guess. The balance isnt too much of an issue but I dont like the converging of skills you gave everyone. i HATE and I mean HATE that every class has advance mastery and AFA. its stupid and annoying.

But anyway I also think you neglicted 2h Paladins. Which I think need some love. I do like the change in elements but honnestly I feel like elements from paladins should be scrapted completely. Also it would be cool if there was more orb stuff in 4th job.

But this was actually pretty cool and a nice read. I always want to do stuff like this but never have the time.

Edit: but Yes I think that adventures in general need a major update. Not only in damage but also in theme.
    Last edited by valhala556; 2013-01-29 at 12:25 AM.

2. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

I can only comment on the Drk as thats my best experience, but removing beholder is the opposite of what you want to do. That's what made DrK unique, 4th job was just a damage increase to the same playstyle. My idea of a drk revamp would be more focused on beholder and the upgrades it offers.

3. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

@valhala556: ya im thinking of doing something interesting with the Adv Wep mastery for DrK and paladin. I feel it fits fine for Hero, because its a DPS increase that doesn't try to change how Hero is played.

as far as AFA, ya I know it feels "samey", but fact of the matter is AFA is a decent damage increase for classes that desperately need more lines and more damage :(

i also have an idea for 2H paladin. a way for them to sort of shed some defense in favor of some offensive power

@KhainiWest: i agree. i've tried to get beholden more involved with fighting through dealing his own damage, better buffs, new passive and new attack too. I got one more thing I wanna try out if i can get it to a place I like. time will tell though.

4. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

I would attribute it as some form of extra potential, infused in your equipment, bonus stats for anything with a black colorization, have the skills associated with it. Going from dragon-> demonic, it would be pretty nifty to see the previous dragon skills roided up with darkness.

5. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

As for 1st job, improve Power Strike... 350% is too short now... if add an stun or incresed % critical chance it willl be useful

6. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

It's first job, calm down.

7. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

Yes but the difference between Power Strike and the mob skill is too low...

8. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

Yeah, I forgot there's a real mighty need for 1v1 skills in first job. .....Oh wait.

9. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

These are just some skill suggestions for the Paladin I though about and wanted to post. If you read it you will see that I didn't bother with elements. This is because I think defense and elements skills cannot be fully flourished on a single character in maple. Since there isn't a really defencive character in maple yet, other then the paladin, I though a defensive character has more to offer to maple than an elemental one. But if you still want elements just imagine the offense skills are fire/holy/thunder attribute and defense are ice/earth/wind/plant stuff.

1)What I mean is have a skill that focus boss's damage on the caster or have the paladin absorb damage. And in doing so also increase the paladin's damage. So like +10% total damage for every member in your party you are linked to (thats just a number, not the focus).

2)There can also be boss debuffs that can Lock a random skill or 2 for like 20 seconds.

3)There could be a buff skill that shed's defence for attack power.Possiable good for 2h if a special multipler was involved for them.

4) a counter skill. Like after you get hit theres a chance of a buff activating which allows you to use a skill that does massive damage. Or preferably less massive with a lower cool-down.

5)There could also be a great bear hug move. Where the caster can immobilize the boss but also cannot move/attack and takes like 1/2 their touch damage every second. It may or maynot need a cool-down. since there are other skills like that who's only downside is a cooldown. Maybe the skill is disarmed when you use X amount of potions/heals/

6)If our healing skill could heal others. that would be awesome. Kinda which Hp recovery had the passive hyper skills to it.

7)This one is stupid but it just came to me. The paladin could use a Harden skill where they can no longer move and then party members whack to awaken it. At which point the character bomb bards the boss with crazy amounts of damage. Like a catapult animation.Lol. This could be reworked that characters use their skills to attack and then after the damage threshold is passed you can awaken/launch doing the total damage or a percent of damage received in a single blow/attack. It could be good for moments when you can't damage bosses. Allowing for insane burst damage. A limitation could be that there is an upper limit where after it is surpassed the paladin starts taking damage for every attack their teammates do. Wow actually not so stupid anymore.

8)Theres always a Party Achilles skill but that has already been done. How about a party buff that allows a two people to revive one person. So like one person stands to the left and another to the right of the deceased. Both use the skill within a second of 2 of each other and that character is alive. The paladin provides the buff that allows the skill to appear to them. But this sounds more like a beginner skill people should work for to have.

9)A skill to save buffs from dispel would be nice. probably a party skill or something of the like.

10) For an actually attack skill. I would want the 2h people to have a stronger attack than 1h people and 2h BW to be the strongest of them all. Id rather it not be something over the top. Something simple like Power Strike. I like it when there are different swinging and stabbing animations.

11)For mobbing, again maybe a simple skill like Slashbash??? i dunnon I honestly dont like over the top animations. Especially for warriors. But then again I could just be kidding myself.

---Differences in 2h vs 1h----
    12)I think some skills should have different readouts for 2h vs 1h since 2h will alot of defense.

13)A shield only skill that prevents mobile mobs and bosses from moving passed you. and repels them back a little bit. There could be an attack skill that goes with it that pokes them with your weapon while the shield is still up. (some of uncharged blast animation could be used for this) Think of the movie 300 when they did the shield bash+ spear stab strategy.

14)2h only skill. An extra animation for the counter move I described earlier. For even more damage. Not sure if animation should be like Old FA where it forces you the animation or if after the counter you press the skill again for the 2nd hit. I kinda like Force animation honestly.

15)Theres shield mastery now So there could be Anti-Shield Mastery which basically boost your damage if your H2. But i'm skeptical about this skill.

-------Conclusion--------

As you can see the theme is sort of a balance between offense and defense. There is also a 2nd one of strength in numbers as some of the skills I suggested are pretty much useless if you are by yourself. I think if there are two paladins some of the life saving skills, except for the revive, shouldn't be able to overlap. Naming the absorbe damage of party members skill.

Edit: I was looking through the idea's you suggest again and I found that under the skills you added/removed there is a skill called "Elemental Incerpt:Gale" in 3rd job that was added to that list but there is no information about it after that.

10. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

@valhala556: i've got a skill im almost done with that will give 2 handed paladins a different playstyle in 4th job than 1handed.

however, im not going to go to the extreme of having every skill do 2 different things depending on the weapon. in my opinion, Nexon has done a good job in carving out an identity and niche for the modern paladin, which is a defensive tanky knight.

to play a paladin and say you dont wanna be tanky, but instead just be a damage dealer is confusing. why not just play a Hero, or Kaiser? the paladin has a specific theme going for him, and I dont really want to drastically alter it.

that said, I do think that having something cool for the 2handed Paladin players would be appropriate and Im gonna edit my OP soon

also Elemental Intercept: Gale was a 3rd job rush skill I gave to Paladins :P It could chain to itself twice, and all monster it hit would take more damage from the paladin. I removed it because Paladins get a Rush in second job and I had to keep it at 5 points due to paladins having so many skills in 3rd job. it felt wrong to have a cool skill be a 5 pointer, and I also had to make Fire and Blizzard 15 points to accommodate 1 more skill.

11. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

Ok. understand why you took out Gale.

As for the Paladin theme. I know its tanky But there's a difference between "Yay I can take anego's slap at 15k damage" vs "Yawn.... Brb have to grab a bite to eat"-in the middle of a zakum boss fight. The first one is still tanky but still allows players to pay attention, While the other is just don't even bother trying to stay alive because you dont try to stay alive as a paladin. You just do.

Granted I havent played my paladin in a while (lvl 182 now) but when I stopped it was like that. My idea's was to keep alot of the defense, though I didn't say that, but allow one to sacrifice their defense for damage. Since we have enough for like 4 extra characters.

All the damagy type stuff is because this is maplestory and if it doesnt do damage its practically useless.

12. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

just updated OP a little bit with the following:

White Knight:
    -Reduced cooldown of HP recovery to 4 seconds from 8.

Paladin:
    -Removed God's Chosen
    -Added a new skill, Path of the Protector.
    -Removed Advanced Weapon Mastery.
    -Added a new skill, Path of the Holy Avenger.
    -Heaven's Hammer was adjusted, damage increased but number of attacks down to 1, dot damage buffed but duration reduced.

I had a new skill in my notes called Holy Martyr, but apparently I forgot to put it in my post entirely. it has been added.

Apparently there are some other mistakes throughout the OP that are inconsistent with my own notes, I will go through and edit them now to reflect what I currently have.

13. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

just a quick question. What kind of delay's for active skills were you thinking about? The standard speed (810ms or so on normal(6)) or something faster/slower?

14. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

no idea. didnt wanna dive into delay speeds because then i have to start thinking of animation frames. this is just a fan patch, I dont design stuff for nexon :(

edit: Removed the 2h and 1h spec skills in 4th job and put AWM and God's Graces back.

the direction i wanted to take 2h paladin did not work out how i had hoped, but ill keep thinking of ways that could be cool.
    Last edited by LiquidSwing; 2013-02-01 at 04:52 PM.

15. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

Thats cool. And I see why you didn't want to get into delay's, I was just wondering if any attacks were fast/slow relative to others. But it feels kinda weird to have discussion's on a thread like this.

I do want to ask though what kind of role are you thinking of elements for paladins. From what it looks like it seems your idea's focus the paladin as a holy warrior.

16. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

in 3rd job, you're an elemental knight. i want the elemental skills to be real, you see them and use them, you can feel the control over the elements because you're using them. you command them, you attack with them.

in 4th job, you're a holy paladin that augments the elements with holy power. holy magic strengthens the elements, adding zest to their previous flavor while giving you the impression that your holy magic is empowering them. the focus shifts from being completely on the elements to your Holy Magic, and you get the feeling that you're kind of bringing two opposed worlds together and improving your elemental powers.

17. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

Ok I see. I think I just see a different revamp for paladins because I think they should have a different theme.

18. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

Dark Knights could use a flashy mob skill in mid-air where we perform a quick series of furious stabs followed by one swift wide slash at range 400% or farther, but then we'd need a skill that launches us into the air (ala Mercedes) to combo chain with.

19. Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

If this came without a revamp for thieves, it'd be a major slap in the face.

I remember making a Night Lord because I loved mobility, and now he's actually one of the slowest out there if you think about it. Giving warriors the ability to have the same max speed is just silly. Either make thieves able to get to 180-200 speed cap and 140 jump cap, or it wouldn't be fair. In fact, I'm still craving for a trampoline party skill, to even share mobility further than haste.

Of course, this is just about warriors... But still, I wanted to make myself be heard :p

20. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: A real Warrior revamp patch

I personally think they should update Flash Jump to go further than all other double jump skills and give it the ability to jump upward and into a triple jump like the new Cygnus Knight flash jump. A ninja trampoline sounds cool too though. :P

Just imagine having a party of 6 Nightlords all wielding joke/nx pillow weapons and turning boss maps into glorified slumber parties!