1. Default Lego Accused of Racism

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ed-mosque.html

...I don't even know what to say about this...

2. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

HOW IS THIS EVEN RACISM? DO PEOPLE USE RACISM RANDOMLY TO TRY AND GET ATTENTION? EVEN IF IT WAS BASED ON THAT MOSQUE AND SO ON, I STILL DON'T COMPREHEND THE PART WHERE IT IS RACISM.
    Yes i mad, i hate when people use racism when it does not apply at all.

3. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

ITT: I learn Turkish Austrians don't know what Star Wars is or are blind.

I though this was going to be a reference to everyone being yellow (read:white) and rarely are there ever darker toned minifigs. To that I would have flipped a table, but to this, I'm just going to shake my head.

Also, stop. Just stop.

4. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

I don't know if it's because I haven't slept but I find it hilarious.

5. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

I half-jokingly expected this (with all due respect and no harm intended):

1. lego people are yellow color so it must be racist.
    2. maybe image depicted on that box should have two grey block towers in the background with one of them being hit by a lego plane.
    3. for more offensive fun, add a KFC next to Jabba's house and have that only be occupied by darker lego people. Wait, you say that would make no sense? Have those darker lego people carry some KFC chicken to Jabba's house and feed him as slaves/chicken-plantation workers. Makes total sense now.
    4. not racist/stereotypical/offensive enough for you? Notice how it says (age group) "9-14" on the box? Change that to "9-11".

What's next, Duplo being sued by PETA because they use a bunny as their mascot?

6. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

The word racism should be delete from everyones mind, nowadays its used really wrong. Other words that should also be removed include sexism and some other words that end in -ism

7. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

im laughing so hard at this.

8. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

Yes, actually.

It's the next form of: ''I'm offended'' These days, if you see ''racism'' somewhere it's almost guaranteed to be used incorrectly and being applied to something not even racist. Again, it's just another way of telling people ''I'M OFFENDED SO CATER TO ME''. It usually works too, so they're ABLE to continue using it incorrectly. Throwing ''racism'' around scares businesses into submission almost always.

9. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

The article is kind of unfair in that the title says "Muslims think it is racist".All Muslims probably do not think this is racist. Only a couple of people on a Turkish community forum think its racist. They are over-generalizing. But alas, the news likes to sensationalize.

10. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

And also print hugely inaccurate titles. Seriously, they could at least put it in their headlines that the group accusing Lego of being racist is a Turkish association that most Muslims might not even know about given the huge geographical range in which Muslims reside and given that some Muslims might not know what Lego is how would they be able to say that's racist?

I blame this all on ignorance.

11. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Well what wouldn't offend muslims (fundies) nowadays...?

12. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

The weird thing is that even the Muslim fundies at my country sometimes flip flop over what offends them and what doesn't. On the other hand the most vocal are also part of a major political party so maybe that's not too accurate a look at how all fundies decry things that are 'unspeakably evil!!!'.

13. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

That's racist.
    I'm kidding

14. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

Not racist, speciesist.

15. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

This is stupid.

16. Default Re: Lego Accused of Racism

Turkey is a proud type of bird, it comes to no surprise that he feels offended at the turkey lego, which supports the stereotype of Turkey obesity. Clearly the article author put up the wrong lego set, making this event only seem ridiculous