1. Default GMS V129 Misses turn into Guard

The message Guard appears now instead of Miss. Also 1 damage also turns into Guard. Seems to be copied from JMS.

The only difference this really produces is that you don't get iframes from taking 1 damage. And since there's Guard appearing all over the screen, some people might get false banned or something dumb if a GM doesn't know what's going on.
    Last edited by MountLag; 2013-02-27 at 11:57 AM. Reason: ignore this i'm dumb lol

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

So if a boss's summons normally hit 1 on me, taking their bump damage will no longer protect me from the boss's attacks? This sucks. Time to shed some DEF?

3. Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

I didn't really test it that much, but I think that was happening with me and vampires from Eckhart + Knights at Empress. No iframes so like 3 or more Guard x 5 were hitting me all at once.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

I'm still getting "1 damage" on hits, instead of Guard. I only get "Guard" on misses.

5. Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

Oh I see. I just didn't see any 1's at Empress and assumed it was because any 1's I took got changed. Guess I didn't take any 1's in the first place. Thanks for checking lol.

6. Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

Yeah, I noticed that too. However, the 'Guard' is still treated as a miss because my DB's Shadow Meld was activating fine.

7. Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

Same here

8. Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

I think this might be more than a simple MISS -> GUARD image change... I'm getting GUARDs from monsters and bosses I've never been able to MISS.

9. Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

I fear for the future of Flip the Coin.

10. Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

The guard thing might just be client-sided. I just saw some Phantoms standing on mobs and the message that appeared on my screen was MISS. They said they had GUARD on their screen.

11. Default Re: GMS V129 Misses and 1 dmg hits turn into Guard

It appears to be. Everyone sees GUARD on their own screen but other players see them MISS instead. Literally makes no difference at all apart from the text change, I kinda like seeing guard instead of miss to be honest haha