1. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

So obviously this item is coming soon, and i've heard it has something to do with trading and a scissor limit.

Does it add tradeability to untradable items? or does it apply a limit to items that are already tradeable?

for example, i want to trade this staff:

If i used a flame of rebirth, would it be tradable with Karma scissors, or will this stay untradeable?

thanks!

2. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

It will stay untradeable, IIRC. I believe the effect only applies to items that were completely untradeable previously such as Kenta's Goggles.

3. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

This 'Flame of Rebirth' is for items that are dropped/made/found before the first Unlimited update, which remakes the item system and adds these Additional Options.
    Now, if you use one of these on the equipment, it will get untradeable and gain a Scissor Count of 5. That means it only can be scissored 5 times before it fully becomes untradeable. At cretain items, it needs a Platinum-Scissor.

Or at least that's what I read.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

Yep, that's everything I read about it too.

it's the "Gain a scissor count" which gets me. Most scissorable items are tagged untradeable like my staff. So I don't see why my staff would be any different. Hmmmm.

5. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

Basically put, what you need is the Silver Karma Scissors for items that used to be untradeable in any way and there's still no way to actually make an item tradeable again if it was tradeable until you equip it. That's what I understand from the descriptions and nothing in Max's blog says otherwise.

6. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

Sorry about my post, it was wrong. It should say 'tradeable' instead of 'initially untradeable'. I checked it out in game because @Mazz sked.

When you Flame a fully tradeable item (like I used one on my PVP Pocket), it becomes untradeable when equipped and gains a scissor count. When the item becomes untradeable, you can only trade it if you use Silver Scissors of Karma. (note: if you flame it while its equipped you get a free trade, because it will become untradeable when equipped but you having it on won't trigger lol).

When you flame a fully untradeable item, it just gets additional options, no scissor count or tradeability (if that's a word).

7. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

I can think of at least one Crossbow Master at MapleSEA who's likely to explode. :P At least he has the right stats for his Kenta's Goggles...after spending 750 SGD.

8. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

Bleh, that sucks ;_;

Thanks for confirming it though!

9. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

I'm assuming you can't apply another flame to "recube" it, so to speak?

10. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

You can keep flaming an item to reset the additional options, but I don't think the scissor count will reset.

11. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

I'm surprised there isn't an NX item that resets/increases the Scissor count for these items.

12. Default Re: Flame of Rebirth? what does it do?

So... our untradeable gear will stay untradeable forever?