Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Default

LOL @ every1 thinkin mages sux...

in my opinion, not ALL archmages will fail here...

honestly, i guess every1 only thinks spamming ultimates is the only way an archmage can train...

eg.

プロトタイプロード
    Level: 115
    HP: 190000
    MP: 450
    EXP: 10300

Assume maxed ice/fire demon:

190000/ ( 70 - 30 ) = 4750 dmg per second?
    (this is if you're stupid and just demon one, you can obviously demon at least 5-6 monsters at a time :P )

you guys do the maths,

Demon (Inital Dmg + DoT)
    + CL/Para (neutral) / Constant Demon-ing (if mobbed up)
    + Summons (elemental adv)

demon hits up to 6, and CL hits up to 6, Summon Hits up to 3

i'm not saying archmages will pwn other classes, but hey, mages can train here too, am i right? o_O....
    Last edited by Silence; 2008-12-04 at 03:59 AM.

2. Harrisonized

That's almost what I did with the CWK Guardians, except that I only had level 7 Fire Demon (hits 3 mobs and I can't get the Lv 20 book to freaking pass) and was Demoning my own mobs, but it worked fine.

Probably what would be the best party is to have a FP using Fire Demon on the mobs while the IL Blizzards. This will multiply the Blizzard's damage by 1.5x, and when this area comes out, probably the damage cap will be removed (like what they did in KMS), and so the ultimates would be hitting the low 1xx K damages for two to three hit kills.

3. Default

This. Or something like it.

Just as the damage you deal is not the m/w.att on your weapon, the damage you resist should not be the m/w.def on your armor.

The m/w.att is multiplied by a function of your relevant stats (STR/DEX/INT/LUK), which are naturally raised as you level. Then it is further multiplied by attack skills. Thus, it grows to (almost) keep up with the HP of higher-level monsters.

Def should be the same. There should be a formula taking into account your stats, and there should be defensive skills that further multiply your ability to resist attack.

4. Neutron
    IGN: Sylphior
    Server: Windia
    Level: 13x
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: Leaf
    Alliance: Honorbond

dude...

5. Harrisonized

That is one hell of a long thing...

6. かっか! Straight Male
    IGN: HARUKASAN!
    Server: 765Pro
    Level: 999
    Job: Puchi
    Guild: Puchimas!
    Alliance: iDOLM@STER
    canada

Heh, I just got word that the bypassing Magic Guard attack is untrue. He must got confused with Zombify.

*note* HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO DO THE FIRST NEO TOKYO MAP's quests with a party, unless you're a hero or a DK...
    Last edited by TKWizard; 2008-12-04 at 07:28 AM.

7. Default

Welcome to gMS, where 99% of all Archmages / Bishops can train that way -ONLY-... I wonder if most of them even KNOW how to train without their ultimates and selling leech... :')

IMO this area is more of a 4th job re-balance. Back to the way Maplestory was meant to be played, before the "S> Leech & B> Leech" era... :)

8. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Wonder why that girl is in there, anyways. Isn't it supposed to be only the robots rebelling?

9. Default

I agree, ultimates really broke the game training-wise. I've only ever seen 1 archmage thus far in khaini who didnt train spamming ultimates =\

This'll be a nice change of pace, not that we're getting it or anything.

10. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HA!
    Server: HA!!
    Level: I'm
    Job: plagiarizing
    Guild: overused
    Alliance: internet memes!!1!

Not all the humans are dead. I guess that's one way for her to defend herself.

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Why would she be fighting us then, lol (wait, she does fight us, right?)

12. Default

Now, the million dollar question: How fast is it? If it can't compete with Ultimates at Newties or Skeletons... it's useless. :/ (Unless you're broke)

13. かっか! Straight Male
    IGN: HARUKASAN!
    Server: 765Pro
    Level: 999
    Job: Puchi
    Guild: Puchimas!
    Alliance: iDOLM@STER
    canada

Fiel: Map data plox so we can see what spawns in each map?

14. Default

If you play with the link in the first post, you can see the Minimaps. ;o
    http://www.southperry.net/Pictures/1...ermark/MapMap/ <- Yey for Minimaps
    Last edited by Hazzy; 2008-12-04 at 09:07 AM.

15. Default

Is this JapanMS Tespia? If it is, then none of these are final, like how Timeless weapons were o_o;

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Just came to the official client, I believe.

17. Default

I believe there was no Tespia for this.The live server already got this (yesterday).

18. Default

Well I think the promo art looked more feminine but the sprite seemed masculine looking to me. So that's why I asked. I wondered if someone had a definitive answer. Not that it matters really, I was just curious.

19. Default

Paladin job class getting the pomegranate end of the stick? yeah, it sounds a lot like the before leafre came out.

20. Default

If they make something good for paladins, then people will keep complaining about how rigged the mage class is. If they make something crappy for mages/pallys, mages will complain about how much Nexon hates them.

They need more lightning weak monsters.