1. Default Anyone tried those Black Star Potions from Root Abyss?

Has anyone tried out those black star potions from root Abyss? The description is vague and I can't really tell if it means it only works on items you pickup in root abyss (IE Vellum Helm) or if you tried and cube in root abyss that you would get to unique faster.

On a related note that may help clear up the wording, does anyone know if the item's potential is generated when the item is picked up or if it is when you reveal it with a magnifying glass? I don't really know how you could test that though. =/

2. Default Re: Anyone tried those Black Star Potions from Root Abyss?

The item's potential is generated when the item is obtained. There used to be a hack that allowed people to see potentials of hidden items without the need of a glass.

Also, duped items with hidden potential came out with the same potential.

3. Default Re: Anyone tried those Black Star Potions from Root Abyss?

To answer the second question, I remember there being a hack that could see the potential on an equip without actually revealing it, so unless they changed it between then and now, it's generated before it's even revealed.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Anyone tried those Black Star Potions from Root Abyss?

happened to me with one of the recent rollbacks, i claimed my item, and later revealed it, then got RB'd, when re-revealed, it was the same thing

5. Default Re: Anyone tried those Black Star Potions from Root Abyss?

Hmm interesting. If that's the case then if you used a pot scroll on an item, moved to root abyss and revealed it, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't get the potions effect. Now I just have to figure out how/if it works with cubing rather than just item pickups. lol

6. Default Re: Anyone tried those Black Star Potions from Root Abyss?

I feel like it should work with cubing, as long as you use the cube IN root abyss. It was said before, but the item potential is generated when it's cubed/potted.