1. Default Tempest set dillema

So I have this hat for my DB that was given out something like a year ago, called Regal Golden Hairband. Among other things, it gives 5% crit rate if you're 3rd or 4th job on the DB. Now, I've done some calculations, and I'm getting this result:
    Using the DB hat with a 7 set Tempest bonus (Full set minus hat) loses me 18 all stat and 11 attack as opposed to using the whole 8 set bonus.
    To my question: is the 5% crit worth losing those stats on a Dual Blade?

I know It might have come off a little confusing, but bear with me here.

EDIT: I'm totally stupid, left out an important bit: I'm using the Heliseum cape instead of the tempest cape.

2. Default Re: Tempest set dillema

You can get the full tempest set effect even with your class specific hat.

3. Default Re: Tempest set dillema

...Wait, what? It says "Tempest Feather Hat" in the set window. o_O

EDIT: OH WAIT. I'm totally stupid, left out an important bit: I'm using the Heliseum cape instead of the tempest cape.

4. Default Re: Tempest set dillema

Sorry I realized my first response was a little vague, in the whole window there is a total of 9 items, so you can pick and choose 8 out of those 9 to get the full effect.

For example this is my AB with the full set effect but i'm not wearing the hat.

Ah just saw your edit, that information would've helped.

5. Default Re: Tempest set dillema

I would suggest enhancing the cape to get those stats you lose to get it if you are adamant about equipping the hat.

6. Default Re: Tempest set dillema

Well, that's what I'm asking, is the 5% crit rate worth losing 18 stats and 11 attack >_<

7. Default Re: Tempest set dillema

For DBs, as long as you have any form of decent funding you'd be able to have 100% crit rate nearly all the time anyways. You won't even need the 5% crit rate (unliimted patch may change this greatly). Even 3k avoid gets you super high dodge rates, I'm able to dodge almost anything easily even when naked or potential locked =_=. Each dodge triggers 100% crit rate effect.

8. Default Re: Tempest set dillema

That's a good point, thanks.