1. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Default Pocket Monsters Gold, where do I begin....?

Do I really have to? *sigh!*

Because Gold and Silver are the Games I bought on eBay about 3 years ago, I decided to do the playthrough of Pokemon Gold. Unfortunately the Gold and Silver I have are unplayable due to dead battery issues. I was thinking about replacing batteries, but I decided not to, so all I have to do is rely on an emulator for the playthrough, which I have no problem doing it on MSX, Arcade, what have you.

Keep in mind that this is the Japanese version of Pokemon Gold, so you'll see me play the game in Japanese. That seems pointless because Pokemon Gold and Silver doesn't have any problems in terms of localization unlike "Red and Blue." The only change that is relevant is that Phanpy/Donphan are catchable in Gold, while Teddiursa/Ursaring are catchable in Silver originally. They're switched around in the localized version so that you can catch the Phanpy line in Silver while Teddiursa line in Gold. Like in my First Gen playthrough, I will be using Japanese names as well as English names. So here we go!

~Current Team~

フィリオン - Level 5 Cyndaquil/ヒノアラシ (hinoarashi)

2. Default Re: Pocket Monsters Gold, where do I begin....?

Why not just play roms.

3. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Job: Bowmistress
    Nebraska

Default Re: Pocket Monsters Gold, where do I begin....?

4. Default Re: Pocket Monsters Gold, where do I begin....?

I'm going to laugh if you start to feel the same way @Link; and I do with SoulSilver: http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=63127

5. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Job: Hero

~Current Team~

Level 35 Gloom/クサイハン (Kusaiban)
    Level 37 Ampharos/デンリュウ (Denryuu)
    Level 40 Heracross/ヘラクロス (Herakurosu)
    Level 39 Typhlosion/バクフーン (Bakufuun)

HM Slaves - Spearow and Gyarados

Spoiler

And don't be surprised about the time on my trainer card, I used the speed up button to zap through trainer battles as well as level grinding. Otherwise it would have taken me awhile to get there. I could have taken a picture on my first rival battle, but I accidentally lost against my rival because I was unprepared.

6. Default Re: Pocket Monsters Gold, where do I begin....?

Why not post this in the Pokémon subforum? Might get more replies there. o-o

Anyway, I'm replaying fire red through an emulator on phone, myself, was pretty fun up until I beat the elite four and got bored.
    I nicknamed my party Pokés stupid names so they'd stand out more when I eventually boxed them for replacements.

7. ~Thrust Into It~ Straight Male
    IGN: Sn1perel1te
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 152
    Job: Old School BM
    Guild: EbonSol
    Alliance: In One
    California

I was playing through Pokemon Red and was trying to do the Mew glitch in Cerulean, but when I went to load the page again because the first try failed, the I learned the save game option doesnt work (it worked before somehow though), so I rage quit'd :|

8. Default Re: Pocket Monsters Gold, where do I begin....?

get kadabra
    solo elite 4