Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Von Bon's orb and Ground smash attack dont 1hko my mercedes, they do 14.4k while i have 16k HP. (this may be because of the kaiser link skill). I also lag horribly when Pierre does the tornado.

2. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

im pretty sure all boss attacks are either 1-hit kill or based on a percentage of your HP, besides the constant damage skills like poison and that vacuum thing that the queen uses.
    There's also no damage done by touching the bosses, which I love.

3. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

These bosses are actually fun (except maybe for Vallum because he just runs away the entire battle. Other than that, he's a pushover). Too bad you can't fight them more than once per day.

About the attacks, I think the OHKOs are:

Von: none (he just really spams really fast)
    Pierre: red version's teleport, failing to escape the hat trap
    Queen: angry version's breath attack and winking face version's seduce+mirror touch
    Vellum: bigass yellow circle attack and fireballs

4. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Actually, someone said this in a previous page, but now that I think about it, it applies to all the bosses except Pierre:

Stand behind the boss and you will for the most part be fine. Von Bon, Queen and Vellum's OHKO skills have considerable wind-up times so learn those and jump behind them.

5. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

how hte pineapple do i stop the queen's seduce?

6. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

The chicken has a ohko
    It's the blue ball he sends flying towards u

7. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Tell your party members to attack the mirrors. If they break it before you get sucked in, you live.

8. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

That's is not a OHKO... I survived after that...

Be careful with the jumping skill it deals 95% damage and then another attack... OHKO.

9. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Anyone who can survive Empress bomb should be able to survive that actually. But yes it looks like low hp characters get one-shotted by the Von's ball and Vellum's surfacing damage.

10. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

vellum surface attack packs quite a punch, i was losing 20-30-ish % hp with it, so around 20k damage.

i had so much fun with the vellum fight tho.

11. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

If he only takes 20-30% hp damage ^ then its clearly a set number damage. Or at least some kind of numbers that seems to ignore MG too for whatever reason (possibly). Vellum was doing at least somewhere around 9k+ to my nub Kaiser i brought in to the game, about 23k max hp. The flame bomb attack from Vellum seems to 1hko ppl, and the dark breath attack from the queen is 1hko. Feel free to prove me wrong though on those, I've only been watching shinku here dying 1 shot from those attacks and hes supposely with 80k hp lol.

12. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

I've been hearing a few people say that they lag during the fight with Pierre. I did not experience much lag during that fight and I experience lag almost everywhere in this game. Strange.

13. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

I'm able to spam Res in all these bosses. It has no cooldown. 0___0 made it pretty easy lol.

14. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Here's my input on the bosses:

Von Bon:
    His projectile is easy enough to jump over, but lag/too many things on the screen going on can make it hard to see and my character died in one hit from it, making the battle a little tough. I couldn't really find a good way to dish damage onto him without getting hit and having to constantly move. Fortunately, his low HP makes up for this, as he dies fairly quickly.

Pierre:
    Massive lag every time he changed his/the player's hat color. Hopefully this will get fixed. As previously stated, only damage him when his hat is opposite your color, or purple which is neutral for both sides. When he disappears (his OHKO), it is a good time to get away from him as quickly as possible. Once again, not too hard of a boss. Just avoid his one-hitter and you're set.

Crimson Queen:
    The only real challenge, in my opinion. The others were annoying, but this actually requires the player to pay attention and focus on other parts of the map before attacking the boss. Her face without eyes is her Damage Reflection phase. When she puts her hands together like she is praying, this is when to stop attacking because shortly after she will summon the red bubble. Her other phases are very annoying and can be a pain when she uses her OHKO breath attack while you're blind. Destroy mirrors, as they should take priority to avoid player deaths/boss recovering HP.

Vellum:
    Surprisingly a pushover. This can easily be done without dying if you just pay attention to the ground. His golden circle indicates where he is about to emerge. It doesn't hit too hard, but when you are hit, just potion up really quickly and get back to attacking. Once his health is down to about 3/4, he will begin to stay out of the ground longer allowing for more damage to be dealt. However, this is also when he uses his fireballs to one-hit players, so always stay right on him, or behind. You can tell when he is about to do this attack because he roars right before it. Rocks will also be falling which are easily avoidable. Eventually he will start poisoning the air, so constantly attack and potion while you finish up the battle.
    One of the simplest battles if you have a strong team who knows what they're doing. It just takes a long time since he spends half the time underground.

Summary:
    It all boils down to having a high leveled team of strong attackers who can get the boss' HP down quickly. I noticed that all I did throughout each boss was attack, buff when I couldn't attack, heal with potions, and yell at noob party members who don't bother to research before they enter the rooms.
    Avoid the attacks and learn the patterns, and you're pretty much set.

15. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

You should add the part on staying behind the Queen mostly since most of her attacks are straightforward frontal attacks. She's actually easier for me to kill than Vellum (due to less time consumptionand less damage taken). I rarely see the mirror skill honestly even on my nubs. DR is as easy as watching VL use DR not much to it, get the pattern down and you're good to go. Gravity death well thing is easy to jump out of or avoid too.

Adding a little bit more to your Pierre review, I don't remember ever getting 1hko'd unless I'm locked down by his clown puppets which come falling down and he follows up with a really short range attack. Respectively, my new computer doesn't lag at all or its half a second lag when he uses his special attacks that you say lags you. My laptop (with not so much high specs) does lag so bad you don't see it coming until its too late, must be computer spec thing.

For the record though, Von Bon was toughest boss for me since like others said you really can't dodge him (at least for melees). Safest bet is to snipe him from distance, but a tad bothersome.

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

as said before, for vellum, checking how high off the ground he is is a good indication of wether he's gonna fireball or not, haven't seen the massive LAZERBLAST from the extractions, so i assume it's from chaos mode? can't wait to try those.

and don't yell at the nubs, if they're nubs their death won't matter much to you, i feel like doing this thing on my main and have someone bring my mules with them for extra loot and boxes :O

17. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Can u evade those ohko attacks?
    Like for example having a high evasion rate
    Or paladins guard
    Or like bishop's magic protect shell
    ?

18. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Nope, your chances at "evading" is as good as evading a land mine at Azwan, or all those stupid attack Magnus does. Just do yourself the favor and run behind them or just stay out of their range, most of the 1hko attacks have a very long delay anyways.

19. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Also, I might add that I got Pierre's Hat and Von Bon's Von Chair as drops.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

>Day Resets
    >Instantly got errors that my guildmate and I killed Vellum and Von Bon for the day.

Really Nexon? :|