1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

When you get superKB'd you can't move until your invincibility frames turn off, which is how it's always been. Doesn't feel like anything when you have the default number, but it feels like you're really hindered if you have more than +1 iframes.

2. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

just a quick question, the 5 death thinguie, is per person, or per party? if it's per person i love this patch so hard it's just hnngh

3. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

You can hit Vellum when he jumps, just stay outside the giant circle.

4. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

@above: The window for his hitbox is so short though it isn't really worth taking advantage of unless you have a summon(s) that hit him on the first hitbox frame automatically.

@below: Oshi-

5. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Per person.

Source: Friend died 5 times, he was kicked, I still had 4 death counters left.

Tried, didnt work, though I'll admit I was trying harder to just get out of the circle asap. My timing might've been too early/late.

6. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Also, notes from the Queen (the other 2 bosses were relatively easy, no huge surprises):

- Her claw attack effects change depending on what face she's wearing.
    - When she has that neutral/angry-ish face, her claw darkens the entire screen (for you, if you get hit) and she also has a (secondary) charge up attack that instant kills everyone caught in the purple fire. Really easy to dodge if you're a melee class and stand right on her body (just Rush behind her).
    - Her winky face makes her claws seduce, I think. The mirrors she summons can be killed, so imo it's worth focusing them down. Not sure if her "seduce" is a regular sed, because the effect above your head is different (and I don't have Hero's Will to test it out). Would like confirmation on this.
    - Sad face summons a red bubble that DR's. I completely forget what her claw thing does, but it's not that bad.
    - Evil grin face summons black puddles, I think. They suck you in instantly (almost like a reverse super KB) but you can flash jump out. Her claw attack in this mode switches your directional keys (that skull thing where your arrow keys are backwards that Leviathan does).

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Now if only Nexon would implement that new "Death Count" system to every other boss with the stupid system.

8. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Tried to duo Von Bon with an alliance member, and she kept dying because his attacks ignore magic guard. :| The amount of health on him was absurd. It took me over 20 minutes to whittle him down and finally kill him.

9. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Blegh, sorry, read OP and noticed he missed Pierre's hat drop thing. If you get caught by it you have to spam left/right as fast as possible to get out of it. If you don't you just die instantly when the timer above your head expires. Friend died because we didn't know about it until after.

If you didn't notice, my friend is my lab rat.

10. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Normal mode is easy enough that you shouldn't be giving a damn. The trouble is really Chaos mode probably.

@above ^ same as Arkarium, if you want to cheat speed and unlock yourself spam left and right key at the same time. Or just dodge it altogether, there's targeting circles on the floor.

11. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Okay, I was able to do it in my Shadower and wow, I love these new bosses. Much more interactive than holding down one attack key and potting when necessary. I thought I'd hate how the bosses do set damage, but I found manually dodging their attacks was pretty fun.

Soloed Von Bon and Pierre and partied with a pretty strong group for Crimson Queen and Vellum.

Von Bon- Pretty straightforward DPS sandbag. Lure him into the black clock if you need time. Gets a big annoying at the end when he spams his whirlwind attack.
    Pierre- Super knockback is hella annoying but other than that, he's easy if your party is not stupid. His falling hats will dispel Shadow Partner and Mirror Image.
    Crimson Queen:
    1) Wrathful face's claw swipe inflicts Blindness and she has a breath attack that only shoots in front of her. It OHKO's me, but you have ample time to get behind her and dodge it.
    2) Joyous face's claw swipe inflicts the Seduce that reverses your control and she can create two round, black tiles that slowly drag you in and do fixed damage to you if you're in their radii.
    3) Simmering face was the most annoying; made soloing her for me impossible. She creates a mirror and then seduces you so that your character will move towards it. If you touch it, you get OHKO and she heals ~30% of her HP. The Mirror can be destroyed and I think you can Hero's Will out of her seduce.
    4) Sorrowful face creates a giant red bubble that has Damage Reflect properties. I think she can also inflict some kind of DoT.

Vellum- Ugh, this guy was kind of annoying with his constant burrowing; you have ample time to get out of the way though. He can drop stalactites that inflict stun, but they drop about 2 seconds after a red circle appears. Starts dropping some green flames once his HP gets low enough that damage you if you stand on them, and the damage they do stack.

Vellum was a lot easier than I thought; my 5 other parties members all used up their Death Counts and I didn't die once. Never thought I'd see the day my Shadower would carry a party . The poor Buccaneer in our party kept dying to the giant circle burrow attack. Lol.

12. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

sole reason why i asked, if it's per person it really motivates you to bring a huge party, since there's literally no downside to it at all.

13. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Make sure to bring a Dark Sight mule to tornado lock Von Bon with what @Muppy; said.
    That's pretty pineappleing funny I'm not gonna lie.

14. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

It doesn't for me to bring random fools and idiots that half ass their quests or bosses and try to join any party or invite you for the wrong bosses. The funniest thing is when they don't even realize they already killed the boss. Anyways, parties works just for leeching kill purposes, that's pretty much it. Not saying anything wrong with it of course. If you asked me, I'd tell them to stay dead if they die =).

15. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Gigas Wave is annoyingly obscuring everything Von Bon does, I suspect I could solo him but it wouldn't be pleasant on HP pots (and a lot of time would be spent waiting for him to walk onto black clocks)

I went in with a noob AB, I think they ran out of revives cause Von Bon's touch and shooting attacks both KO'd them, but I still had my 5. I just screwed it up and ran out of time with 80% hp left.

16. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Not sure why no one has mentioned this, but every hit from Von Bon also lowers your experience by 1%.

17. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Pierre's tornado attack seems to lag like crazy all the time. Anyone else run into this problem?

18. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

LOL What? That's hilarious, and ridiculous at the same time.

19. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

It's Von Bon's projectile attack that's to blame for most deaths, the one that looks like the old BaM finisher, in fact Von Bon might be a BaM. Actually, it's just the only the nucleus i.e. orb-part that causes deaths because the tail does a different amount of damage. I noticed this when teleporting past the orb but mistiming and catching the tail. The orb will kill 100% of the time (for me 9.5K or so HP) while the tail doesn't, but comes close (8.7K HP or so).

I have to solo Von Bon, otherwise there's just too much going on from the other party members for me to see it happening.

I also noticed that both Pierre and Vellum can be tracked with DoT or specifically for Pierre, status effects. For example, throw a Slow or Phantom Imprint (I suspect Unicorn Spike, etc. would work too) on Pierre and you'll see where he's going to Shadowport into that Assassination move.

I have to say, even though I cannot solo the Queen or Vellum and I will likely miss out on coins from them due to time zone differences/no guild, these bosses are very innovational and appropriately scaled. They require attention but give enough leeway for mistakes, not something like Magnus. The only problem I have is that while coins for everyone was done well, hats for everyone was not. But they come Epic and are freely traded without SoKs so that makes me happy.

I said before today, that this was nothing but a New Neo City, some clever bosses at the end of a hallway, but nothing for everyone to go gaga over. I was wrong. There is much more than these bosses, which themselves are implemented well; a successful patch with nice additions discussed elsewhere.