Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
  1. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

If the server and client data are not matching, that might also explain the portal dcs. The game crashes upon entering a portal while holding a directional key.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

The same problem is applying to Empress DR. Friends and I had multiple cases last night where we were still triggering DR even with Majesty up, because the server wasn't registering that we had the skill active for a couple seconds.

Dunno what Nexon did, but there's some pretty big desync issues now with Client <-> Server.

3. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Tested movemenf latency theory, confirmed theory.

Around a three second delay between you moving, and veryone else seeing you move.

Tested with two machines, first one connected on main account, second one connected on my laptop

However, though there was a motion delay, skill lag was negligible.

4. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

This has existed since forever, having this suddenly become the cause of the current problems is questionable.

5. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

yes, however the fact that due to latency, there's a delay in you moving, and the server recognizing that you moved, would explain why people are getting hit by boss attacks that they already dodged, since it also probably applies to monsters.

so the boss attacks
    you get attacked

but you don't get the client notification to play the boss attack until a few seconds later due to lag, and on your screen the boss attacks, but serverside, the attack is already over, and you were just standing there and taking it.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

An ~3 second delay between Client <-> Server is way too long, especially with how certain bosses require quick movement and reaction time.

7. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

Yesterday, I got a Pierre Hat drop that didn't have a potential by default. Does anyone know if I just got super unlucky or if this is a silent change Nexon made?

8. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

It's a silent change apparently, i've seen people complaining that they don't have potential anymore.

9. Default Re: Root Abyss Boss Mechanics

At Pianus (kenta pq) I was seeing damage from his 1/1s way before the animation, assuming I remember correctly what it looks like... it makes it impossible to dodge anything if the animation plays too slow for the damage.