Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

Because you decided to do quests till level 30, everyone who decided to kill at golems/zombies at NLC/whatever else outleveled you and thus they got scarecrows and jester maps earlier than you. Quests are slow compared to training, so you meet more ksers. Also, if there are ksers, I'd rather go somewhere else. There are tons of training maps that are not that bad.

2nd job, I 1hitkoed jesters when i was 20 levels lower than them. Only had a 10att wg, a pac, and my characters cards at the time, nothing cubed. I 2hitkoed them with the 2nd job skill...the hit + explosion damage because that skill is just bad...
    Getting to lvl 100 in less than 10hours sounds pretty easy with 1.5x.

My mech got to over 116 or so in less than a day. There was no 2x or 1.5x (I think?) or aliens back then. I also didn't do jesters for many levels (I think only 4 levels or so) though I probably should have if I wanted to do it faster. I just trained on the not so popular places. I also had no equips other nub att wgs and pacs, those kind of things, but nothing cubed.
    My mercedes got to 200 in 2 days 6-12hours I think without stronghold using 2x and 1.5x (half what kaiser and AB got), had empress set, but nothing cubed I think.
    My AB got to 200 in less than 36hours with every exp buff I had, but it's not that funded. Less than 60%dex, the ABs who made it to 200 in a day should've around 300% dex or so.
    Last edited by HellenzSin; 2013-01-15 at 12:55 AM.

2. Electron Male
    IGN: DancingGlory
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Fairytail
    Alliance: Animation
    usa

Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

If it helps, I train from 45 to 60 by just farming xerxes over and over

3. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

I think the important thing is to have realistic expectations considering your resources. Even doing things mostly optimally (Zombies until 30, CDs until 40 or 50, Jesters until 70 or 80, door to aliens at 70 or 80 if you can get it and MP3 if you can't until 90, and then aliens until 110) on an average class without extra kinds of bonus EXP it'll take me anywhere from 8-12 hours of playing to get to 120 from level 10, mostly depending on how actively I'm playing, how little competition I have on maps, and how good an LHC party I find when I reach 110. Even so, that's with a lot of luxuries that a long-time player would have that a newer player might not have (full set of link buffs, evolving rings, level 30 empress blessing, 6 S rank cards, attack work glove, etc).

If you don't have conveniences that make killing higher HP monsters like Jesters and Aliens a quick thing and you're not playing at times where you don't have to compete with other players, you're probably putting in similar levels of effort with much less reward.

4. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

I can't seem to find any quests past level 37 so I decided to train at CDs or something. I noticed that the damage is like 1k-2k on the hit (not range).

How are you supposed to 1 hit KO Jesters when yet I can't even hit 2k? Even with those stuff they don't really make a difference according to my calculations.

How are you supposed to level up so fast anyways? Like seriously do people have so many secret methods that I can't do?

Also, what EXP buffs are the best combo anyways?
    How long did that take? Also, do you need ppl in your party to fight that in Floating Island?

I do have link skills + character card stuff. I even use Cygnus Blessing level 24 but still fails to level up fast. Like seriously, are there any alternate training spots apart from popular ones and can still train fast?

5. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

OP in a thread means Origional Post. Since he quoted someone else saying OP after it means now he's replying to the origional post.

6. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

I did a 50-hour constant grind back in 2007~2008 at coolies. Gained like 5 levels.

> chimney until 55, aliens to 110, LHC to 160, drill hall to 170, HoH to 200.

Just to be sure, aliens refer to those Zeta Grays at Omega Sector, correct? And where exactly is Drill hall?

7. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

Aliens are monsters from the new maps we got after the NLC revamp. Like everything in the haunted mansion (zombies, scarecrows, jesters), aliens give a very high exp at a low level and the last map has a high spawn.
    Drill hall is in future ereve. Get in the first map where you find the first KoCs mobs there and then go in the top right portals.

8. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

answers in bold
    At level 45 or so, I like to go to the room that has all Hoodooo/Voodoo mobs. Try looking it up on Hidden street. I tend to like the Ariant mobs at Sahel 1 and 2 plus there are mini dungeons in Sahel 2 I believe. I have trained there and Roids until level 90 because I don't like MP3 aside from Mr. Anchors which have a fierce attack if you aren't well funded. I am not.

I don't have work gloves, or PACs or any rings to transfer, nor do I spend any real cash on 2x cards or cubes. Yes, I level really slow and try to take best advantage of what drops, like the purple senior suit and what the Admin gives. My luminous got 6% total damage, 9% total damage and 3% INT on the level 80 dual staff. Exceedingly lucky.

The best thing I ever did was to decide that this game is not a race. I don't have a lot of time to spend on it what with real world things like work, school, relationships, etc. I can't compete with those that do spend lots of time and money on MS. I may never get to Boss since I don't belong to a guild atm, (sure as hell couldn't find an LHC party this past weekend) and all my friends have other things that are demanding their attention so they can't be there for me in game. I do find ways to enjoy the game and do what I can to improve my characters equips, at my pace
    not someone else's pace.

9. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I don't know. In MYCK I've found that it's hard to find parties in SH, even less so in HoH during my playtimes. Most people play during 2x exp events and those are usually anywhere between 12-7am at the middle of the night, so its totally out of question especially if I have school. That's the biggest reason I'm not 200 yet (besides the fact that I've had long breaks from training)

Recently I figured out that there's quite a bit of people in LHC crocs and that is decent exp tempesting there if party members leech or don't do significant dmg.

@People who told they got 1-200 in 1-2 days:

Are you serious? I don't want to live on th...play this game anymore

10. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

I'm glad to say that I never touched Jesters, MP3 or Aliens on my Angelic Buster. She's 144 now.

Bow down to me.

11. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

Mind sharing some info on your training areas? Things are slowing down drastically for me since I've hit 4th job and I really don't want to resort to going to aliens. Currently just messing around at MDTs.

12. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

Kru + Captains, Duals, and perhaps Gigas are the only good maps I know for training around lvl +100-110 without doing aliens. There are not many options. You might also like the map before Targa and Scarlion, forgot the monster name or the pirate ship next to mp3, the higuest level monster there, ghost pirates or something. This was when 4th job was lvl 120 though... now that it's lvl 100 there should be better options.

13. Proton Male
    IGN: Gylfheim
    Server: YMChaosK
    Level: 140
    Job: Dark Knight
    Guild: Masks
    Alliance: Divisions

What I do around 100-110 is just pq. Mainly pyramid (great exp!) and Romeo & Juliet pq (even better exp if you roid grind!) Honestly, I'm not much into the whole Haunted House/Aliens grinding, either

EDIT: What do you guys do/suggest at levels 40-60? I have the most trouble at these levels
    And please no Haunted House or CDs! Those maps are usually crowded...

And is Omega Sector good 70-80? Because I just know my DK' s gonna faceplant in pyramid

14. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

My fastest in a single day was 10-160 which was recent on my Angelic Buster, and I regret training like that, I think it's an unhealthy behavior to stick yourself in front of a screen and just non stop grind. Won't be doing that again, I felt forced to do so because I had bought a 24 hour 2x exp card (I wasted 7 hours of it sleeping).

All this done with the clean equips provided by the Admin, using Exp Accumulation potions at level 70, Pendant of Spirit, 1.5x exp coupon, 24 hour 2x card, Elven Blessing link skill, and Holy Symbol Mule,

10-40 - Stone Golems, CD's, level 30 exp potion that takes you to level 36.
    40-65 - Jesters, once you have Heavenly Crash ready no one's going to KS you.
    65-117 - Aliens, and I did it in Map 5, didn't want to deal with all the KS'ing in Map 6. Used the level up potions that raised me from 70 to 80.
    117-160 - Bearwolves

15. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

I like Ariant Sand Rats and Scorpions and Sand Dwarves (oh my!) from 50 til 70. OR Chryse Xerxes.

16. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

DO HELISIUM, Y'ALL! The quests are boring but they give decent experience. And so do the mobs. It's very worth it.

17. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

Don't forget Lumi after 4th job ? or whenever you start teleporting to that girls house, you can use it anywhere without any cool-down and leaving it drops you off at Vic. Best class IMO for abusing Pantheon teleport.

18. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

Leaving the house always puts me back at the map I left...

19. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

When you leave say no/decline instead of yes.

20. Default Re: How do people level up so fast?

nvm
    Last edited by Thorr; 2013-01-16 at 12:51 PM.