Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

The dub sounds pretty good so far. Japanese voices are also there for those who'd like to use those.

2. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

It's because they just straight up ported the NES game, with the exception of the first 5 or so maps, which were new. Those 5 tutorial maps seemed to have more text than the rest of the game combined, and I don't see how they didn't realise that was a terrible mistake.

It got even worse once you found out, to access side quests, you had to have a total army of 15 characters OR LESS, meaning, the only way to actually access them was to brutally murder off huge chunks of your own army.

This is a new game, which will no doubt be more along the lines of all the other games (Probably most like Radiant dawn, given that is the newest *not port* FE game).

Can't wait to find out that one of the two languages have been ripped out of the EU version. I'm still pissed the European version of Virtues last reward not including the english dub.

So, who is that doing Chroms english voice? I can't decide if it's Roger Smith or Nolan North, pretty sure it's one of them though. I guess it was too much to expect them to sound more... European, since NoA must have been in charge of the dubbing. I kinda wish NoE had been in charge of it, actually european voices suit medieval settings so much more.

3. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Oh I know, I was just ranting about how terrible it is. This game looks fantastic by far.

4. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

~Yeah, no question there, FE: SD was easily the worst game the franchise has produced in english. Why it did so well in Japan baffles me.

5. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

I'm pretty sure it's Troy Baker. Also, I hope they don't cut anything from the EU version, I want to do a playthrough with the Japanese voices.

Other videos with voices

Liam O'Brien appears to be MU/Avatar voice option 2. Something to note: they took out the mute option.

6. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

I love the sound effects for the game. :3

7. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

The demos out in North America now.

You all go download it, I'll just be here sulking because it's not April yet

8. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

The demo is now available (1026 Blocks in size). :D

Dat music at the title screen. <3

There are two game modes, it seems. "Casual," where fallen units can come back, and "Classic," where anyone who dies dies forever. I'll definitely go the classic route when the full game arrives, but for the demo, only "Casual" is available.

Character customization also isn't really available on the demo. You're stuck with 01 of all of the options.

The visuals are beautiful.

9. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Once you find out, can you let me know how many levels are playable in the tutorial? 1026 blocks is like, 1/8th the size of the actual games download, so it must (hopefully) be a few maps at least.

Also: Monster hunter demo confirmed! There will be demos for both Wii U and 3DS

Europe Press Release: Game out 22nd March. Demo out 21st February

Spoiler

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2013/...nd-702371.html

Newest list of NA release dates:

Spoiler

10. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Just two chapters (prologue + Chapter 1), it seems. Pretty short.

Either way, I'm sold. I'm definitely going to buy this game.

11. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Huh. That's a bit short for such a big download.

I wonder what the DLC pricing is going to be like, because there was a literal ton in japan.

The paid DLC were split into two "Seasons" of DLC, Each was one map, season 1 cost 5150 (15 maps), season 2 cost 2400 yen in total (10 maps), with the first of season 1 being free for a month or so.

I have no ide why the price for the second set was so much less, but I hope they're not that expensive here. It's like, $84/£52 for the whole set.

I'd be all over them if they sold a season pass or complete set, or something, for around £20-£25, but the pricing as it likely stands is ridiculous.

12. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Lunatic is brutal.

13. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

For those who want to play with the "Pair up" feature, it should be available on any difficulty that is not normal (and maybe on normal if you turn the tutorials of). Now please excuse me while I go cry in a corner because I'm from Europe...

14. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

why you can make your own avatar, and have characters come back? Interesting.

15. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

They have a "Casual" and a "Classic" mode. In Casual, characters only retreat after their health drops to zero, then come back the next chapter.

The Avatar/My Unit thing was something they introduced back on the second 3DS game, but that never made it over the lake.

The demo was exactly long enough to make me really excited for the game, and exactly short enough to make me really pissed that it wasn’t the full version. At least I have my preorder ready.

16. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

MH3U Release Date Trailer

IT BEGINS

17. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Holy mother of jesus. Just watched the NA fire emblem awakening advert.

If you don't want to be spoiled DO NOT WATCH THE ADVERTISEMENT. It literally spoils one of the biggest things in the game.

Spoiler

Not putting alink here, because I just ruined one of the plot points of it for myself, I don't want to drag people down with me :(

18. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Double posta because this is totally worth it.

Project X Zone is coming to Europe and North America this year, summer time.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/2...-north-america

For those of you who don't know, it's a Namco X Capcom X SEGA crossover developed by Monolith soft (The Xenoblade guys).

Heres a trailer from an olddd Japanese Nintendo direct.

19. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Wow, never thought that would see the light of day outside of Japan. Pretty cool news.

20. Default Re: 3DS Discussion: Fire Emblem Awakening Special Edition 3DS, Demo for NA!

Are you being sarcastic because it was pretty obvious during the demo o.o