Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

I haven't gotten a chance to try out Chaos versions of the bosses, but just from watching Normal mode, they're all laughable joke bosses (no offense). I don't find it challenging at all, its like standard routine. I only died once out of the 4 bosses (on the 1st boss on the left the clock bird boss), probably because I watched video of each boss once, but thats enough to get their attack pattern down easily.
    Last edited by ultimax21; 2013-01-16 at 11:06 AM. Reason: corrected boss

2. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

I'm sure you'd rather they be hard so the players of the level bracket the bosses are meant for can't take advantage of it.

No one knows how hard the chaos bosses are. Get through 10 days and then we'll see what it's about.

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Alice saying "Maybe I'm trapped here forever" 10x. Lol.

5. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

I defined Magnus (previously) as challenging, the quoted "Tohou" type of dodging is a bit fun. I'm waiting for a friend to get on before I even test chaos mode, but if its true that we need 10 regular runs then ok whatever. However, as far as I know the only thing that really restricts me is the fact that some new quests showed up after I killed the normal modes telling me to do the certain things in the 1st rooms of each boss where mobs are sitting at. Normal mode magnus vs Hard mode magnus had next to no difference at all other than hp difference. Tested enough to say its nothing noticeable at all, doesn't mean I can kill Hard mode though.

6. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

best 4 bosses ive fought so far in the game.
    reminded me of GPQ in terms of coordination and skill required.

7. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

Not everyone has, or can spend, as much time and money on this game as you and a lot of other people here do.

That's probably what Chaos is for. Just because it's a joke to you because you spent money making sure your character has a range over 50k or something doesn't mean it should be inaccessible to a character who really wanted to get into this storyline, but couldn't because they don't spend NX on this game. There are other stories and bosses for that (re: Empress Cygnus, although you all seem to think she's a joke now too, not to mention the story has been needlessly spoiled on this site dozens of times).

See: the posts around here and on other sites praising Root Abyss for SOME variety on boss monsters.

8. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

From what videos I've seen, I was expecting the bosses to be more challenging since I heard they had patterns you needed to learn.
    Keep in mind that I'm not saying it's bad they're not as hard as I'd expected, it's just that when I hear "pattern" and "boss" in the same line, my mind jumps to Monster Hunter.

IMO, we need more bosses to work along these lines.

9. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

You're only using my ability to do high damage as reference. If you can last 20mins at normal magnus without dying even once without him glitching I'll give you props for that. I said its a "a joke" meaning way too easy mechanics. Its as bad as looking at somebody pushing a shopping cart right at you and its right in viewing range, well duh you're not going to get yourself bumped by it. Challenging is when I actually have to spend quite a bit of time to dodge or do something other than bot 1 key all day long and chug some pots.

10. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

I like the direction Nexon is heading with these bosses.

The boss fights were different(just how easy or hard they were can be argued all day), and most importantly, they were accessible.

I liked that Root Abyss wasnt full of filler maps with fluff monsters that aren't used for anything. The map is a short, sweet experience meant to build upon and continue the story which will segway us into future patches. In that regard, I think it is fine.

However, one thing I didn't like, is the zone feels very throw away-ish. It feels like once I've seen the story, then im done. The item rewards dont really give me an incentive to go back, the only thing really is the ability to upgrade potential easier. But as someone that is satisfied with his level of gear, nothing really brings me back to it.

Im not pooping on it at all, I really like that more people are getting exposed to more bosses. That is how it should be. I entirely dislike that magnus/empress/hilla will rip you apart if you dont have at least 100% main stat.

My last feeling coming out of this patch would be that I wish it had been bundled with another minor content patch to increase the longevity of it. Like I said, I love the zone for being short, sweet and to the point(more content should be like this). However, afterwards we are left with not much else to do. Going back to root abyss is its own reward in this case, and in that regard I wish it had been introduced with Demon Avenger or Xenon(far off, I know, I know) or adventurer hyper skills to really give a double whammy of "man, im having so much fun with my new X class or my new adventurer skills, im gonna go beat the crap out of those bosses at root abyss with them!"

just my 2 cents. as someone that wasn't looking forward to this patch, I can honestly say i'am pleasantly surprised.

11. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

question: How do you even do the bosses in the first place? In order to kill the guardians you need to enter the portals, but it won't let you enter the portals because you need to finish teh world tree guardian quest, which , in order to complete, you need to defeat all the guardians. So... yeah circles. Help is appreciated o_o

12. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

once youve gotten up to the point where she askes you to kill the first guardian, you must buy a key from havis to enter. it only costs 100k.

13. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

haha yeah. found out my party member was derping and didn't do the quest

14. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

Why would it be the last chapter if Explorer Hyper Skills aren't out yet?

15. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

Because they'll have some other new patch name set up for next month like "Return of the adventurers" or something like that.

16. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

If you go by kMS updates, their last part of Tempest had the same Mystic Field update as us with only Legends and Novas receiving their Hyper Skills.

After that is the Evolving System update, and Warrior and Mage Adventurer Hyper Skills that were grouped together. Bowman, Thief, and Pirate Hyper Skills grouped together followed after. CS and Resistance Hyper Skills are last.

17. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

What do you mean by CS? Also, when is the Evo systems coming?

18. Default Re: Tempest: The Final Chapter - ROOT ABYSS! COMING JAN. 16

CS are cannon shooters, and now we really can't say when content is coming since we got Root Abyss at the same time as KMS.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Because Explorer and Resistance Hypers aren't part of Tempest?
    They're their own separate content updates.