1. Default did Empress change with the AB patch?

she is... constantly spamming twister and phoenix while facing right...

I mean I noticed she started using it a bit, here and there occasionally since the luminous patch...

but I tried my usual v2 run, and HOLY CRAP...
    twistered and double phoenix was all she wrote... not even my 71k hp will save me.

2. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

Yeah, she seems to spam the tornado/phoenix a lot more often now... strangely though, I didn't get caught up in a tornado for the entire run I went on yesterday, so I'm not sure if I just got hilariously lucky or the status effect for it is somewhat broken. I only have 50% resist.

It definitely changed with the patch yesterday.

3. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

maybe they gave her some maplestory unlimited buffs like they did with magnus.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

She's definitely spamming Fire Phoenix a helluva lot more now. Tornado doesn't seem any different then before, though.

Well thank god they didn't give her her stupid "Near OHKO" Dark Gen.

5. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

Magnus also seem to have gotten a bit more harder.
    His rush and spinning seem to have gain the ability to power knockback, increasing the chance of getting push into a ball.
    I definitely don't recall magnus doing that before this patch.

6. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

I did make a thread here about it, well not that it matters that much now http://www.southperry.net/showthread...Boss%20Changes . Anyways, those are the two that I know of that changed currently myself.

7. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

i'll try to check out other bosses later this weekend.

I suppose the change makes it a bit more fun, even though its a lot harder now then.

downside, there goes my guaranteed source of easy in-game money xD that twister and phoenix combo is just harsh if she can spam it in both directions now.

8. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

Also the kill count has changed, me and my friend tried to kill it and we got around to 41 kills and then ran out of time :/

wonder how much it is now =/ would try again but running out of resist pots

9. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

I failed after 37 and 46 heals, but killed her after the 50th (with 47 secs left) and 52nd (with 9 mins left) heal so I'm guessing Empress requires 50 heals before you can kill her now.

10. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

Just bad luck for you folks is all, I don't believe it changed in any way at all, number of heals of course.

11. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

I don't think it was changed. Otherwise my friend wouldn't be able to solo her. He can barely kill the 35 kills and he can still solo her so I'm not thinking it's changed and you just counted when she heals herself 75% hp rather then 50%. I made that mistake too.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

The 75% and "Double Heal" (Full Heal as some put it) don't count for some reason. If the count was changed to 50+, then barely anyone would be able to kill Empress as most people get to 40-45 heals.

13. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

No, I count the double heal as 1 heal. Yeah another friend told me about the heal count was fixed to 50 in KMS or something so probs because of that. My guild can probs kill it if our friend can get a better computer and stop dcing midway of our runs and wasting our pots =(

14. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

Double heals count as one.
    Empress is finicky with heals post-10min; she will heal when her hp is in the "zone" (where she normally heals and below) whenever the heck she feels like it.

Carlos and I find that calling her offensive names demoralizes (c wut I did thar) her enough to not heal.

15. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

Normal heals are unlimited, but only casted when she feels like it. No solid way to stop normal heals other than binding her, that is all. She still dies normally, no difference whatsoever.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Not sure what you mean by "No solid way to stop normal heals other than binding her" as she still heals even when bound.

17. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

It's not just Empress, it's any monster or boss with an attack of that sort (Guardians in Temple of Time, Hilla, Ani, etc)

18. Default Re: did Empress change with the AB patch?

I said normal heals, like you all talked so much about "full heals" its really combination of normal heal and the auto heal. Normal heals can be stopped, auto heals cannot. Once timer and capped auto heals is reached normal heals is the only thing left. Normal heals occurs whenever she feels like it.