Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Exclamation Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

So, some of you may have noted this patch contains a chair.

• Yes, there will be an event.
    • No, it has not started yet.
    • No, even I don't know when the start date is, yet.It will probably start on the 18th if our maintenance on the 11th is successful.
    • Yes, there will be another notice actually telling you when it's happening and giving you all the details.
    • Yes, donors, content testers and event committee knew about it months ago and have been helping set it up.
    • No, that doesn't give them any unfair advantages because they only tested the framework, not the content. Some of them may will be given advance (early) versions of the chairs to reward their participation and support and promote them in game, but that's still being negotiated. Some of them have done the event 3x or more to help make it work and test it thoroughly so they've earned it if they do.
    • Yes, a notice will be posted when the event begins.
    • No, you do not have to be a registered member of Southperry, or register at all, to participate, win or claim a prize.
    • No, registered members do not have any advantage over unregistered members. *Except last bullet
    • Yes, the event will require multiple days of participation.
    • No, the issues with hidden street's event are not present in ours, so everyone who participates should be able to win, you just may take longer than someone who does the event better or is luckier.
    • Yes, there will be a limited number of prizes initially. 5,000
    • No, I don't know what that limit is, yet.
    • Yes, Nexon will probably give us more if we manage to run out, like they did for Basil Market.
    • Yes, our event was designed to recognize when it ran out of prizes and ensure you still get them in the order you would've received them in originally if and when more become available.
    • Yes, there is intent for their to be more events with Nexon in the future, possibly shared with other fansites as well as unique ones.
    • Yes, this event is only available to people in the GMS service area, except for users who have been registered with Southperry no later than last year (<=2012). Registering now/later won't get you this exemption it's a reward for loyal fans.
    Last edited by Eos; 2013-01-10 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Updated with adjustments and news.

2. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

HALLELUJAH. Thank goodness for this!

3. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

OMG YAYA

4. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Thanks, Eos. Looking forward to this.

5. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Baffles me why anyone would design a fan service event where a single mistake means complete disqualification.

6. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

unregistered members can participate? Interesting.

Does that mean you don't have to have registered before hand (ex. basilmarket event) or you dont have to register/"have an account" AT ALL?

Either way I'm quite excited for this.

7. Helium Atom Straight Female
    IGN: Cozmose
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Enthralling
    Alliance: Provocative
    usa

Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Edit: I totally misread his post.
    PLEASE IGNORE ME.
    I AM THE STUPID.

8. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Maybe they didn't quite think their cunning plan through. It just seems silly since that's the kind of thing that doesn't make your site look good, which is kind of the purpose why you're doing it in the first place...

9. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

• No, you cannot should not cannot farm these chairs.

10. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

No, it's definitely can not. We tested that since Nexon was clear on both the "1 per customer" and "limited quantity" concepts.

At all. Why would any of us want to waste user names and database space on hundreds of people who just want a chair and have no intent of ever being a participating or contributing member? If they want to lurk, lurk. If the want to post, register.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

You don't have to register, period. Not beforehand, not when entering the event, and not to claim the chair.
    Generally speaking, we prefer that people only register if they're going to participate (i.e., post) on the forum.

Edit: Ninja'd by the boss.

But, but, but I need one for every character

12. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

I don't think the large/bolded text was required here..
    Just found it weird until I got some reasoning behind it. but k lol.

13. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Chair anvils, coming to a Cash Shop near you?

14. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

DO NOT WISH SUCH AN EVIL ON US.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I apologize.
    Didn't mean to yell at you.
    Rather, I think it needs to be large and bolded in Eos' announcement. Might stop some of the people who are rushing to register since it became known we're to have an event.

16. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Bolded is sufficient, since it's the only formatting in there. Makes it pretty eye catching and clear.

17. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Why haven't they done this yet?

Finally, those chairs from Lith Harbor will have a use.

18. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Why is this not in EMS =(
    I would looooooove that chair

19. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

*Looks at *

20. Default Re: Impending Southperry MapleStory Event

Missed that.. Cruel Cruel Cruel

Oh and..

Basilmarket's thoughts on this..