Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

New Eeveelution?
    Spoiler

2. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

I want an air eevee. Like Floweon~ And it should use the Sp.Atk stat. AND IT SHOULD BE GRACEFUL AS pineapple IN THE SHOW. Like doing flips and pomegranate to dodge.

3. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

Maybe. Interesting that they bring up eevee though, it could mean we are going back to Oore (Colosseum/XD) where you started with an Eevee (XD) or Eeveelution (Colosseum starters are an Umbreon and Espeon).

4. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

The most likely eeveelution, if there is one, would be a dragon type eeveelution. All of them so far have been former special types.

Spoiler

5. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

But then what's the point using a 3DS if it's not in 3D. Sorry I don't like paying Ł100+ for a feature I don't use.

6. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

You're kidding right? You do realise that the 3D is only a tiny part of it, and it's a significantly stronger console than the DS in every way possible? Like the DS was to the GBA, and the GBA was to the original game boy?

7. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

A steel type Eevee would be awesome. And you are right, there is a lot of hype around Eevee recently, which I found kind of odd. (for example the eevee tournament, eevee in the anime ect)
    This twitter post seems like a good hint.

8. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

Of course, if we want to go really out there on predictions, a new Eeveeloution would be one of the better ways to announce a new type of pokemon. I do think that's unlikely at this point though.

9. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

How so? There are plenty of hints, more than those for a Hoenn remake or anything else, really.

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

I kinda thought a new type aswell... but how would it fit with the others? Dark and Steel were only introduced because Psychic had no real weaknesses in Generation 1. So at this point, with all the generations they've released, it definitely feels too late.

It would definitely be a nice addition though. Maybe it would work with Dragon and Steel types somehow.

11. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

I only really think it's unlikely for one reason. Because we haven't had a new type since Gen 2, and those were only really introduced because psychic was virtually unstoppable in Gen 1, having only weaknesses to Bugs (lol) and Ghosts, and at the time, the only ghost types were Gastly/Haunter/Gengar. It made more sense to add some more weaknesses than pump out like 15-20 new ghost types into gen 2.

I'd totally be up for some new types though, so long as they put plenty of thought into them. It's tough to think of something that would really add to the pokemon formula though.

Maybe something weak to normal (and bug, since bug moves really get screwed over, 6 types resist them, only 3 weak against...), but strong against dark/ghost types. (Holy/Light element?).

ACtually, now that I think of it, Grass/Bug could really do with some rebalancing., 6 resistant/3 weak to bug and 5 resistant/3weak to grass are pretty bad. Poison doesn't do that well either, with only grass weak to it , and 5 resistant/immune, but poison type shave generally been more of a status effecty thing anyway, so that's not as bad.

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Well this is quite interesting:

Hope this reveal isn't as disappointing as when there was the World Ends With You countdown.

13. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

Same reason that people buy a wii and play games that don't rely on motion control. Like with brawl, most people used GameCube controller to play instead of using a wiimote.

14. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

Please be a dragon please be a dragon please be a dragon

15. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

If they are making a big deal over a new generation reveal I'm going to be dissapointed. The whole formula is getting stale now, they need to refresh. Pokemon snap 2 would be a good move.

16. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

Pokemon Rainbow?

Source

17. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

gen 1/2/3 reboots with attack animations like in pokemon stadium.

or just pokemon stadium for 3DS, with all the minigames.
    PLEASE

18. Default Pokémon January 8th announcement

The formula has been stale for a while. Such comments always rise up when a new main-series game comes out. If anything, Black and White renewed it a little bit with stuff added in (e.g. Join Avenue with StreetPass, Dream World, Pokemon World Tournament, the Key system and - from positive reviews of it - Pokestar Studios, to name only a few mostly from B2W2) and finally a direct sequel to a main series game. While I wouldn't say Gen V has refreshed enough, it's definitely done some good trying.

@Spadow oh my god. Please let it be true.

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

Purple colouration, check
    special type, check

I found some doubt about this picture though, about how the symbol which is apparently Espeon being just a decoration, and that the last symbol is Espeon. But that doesn't really fit the theme, since the order goes by generation. Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Eevee (1st Gen) Espeon, Umbreon (2nd Gen) Glaceon, Leafeon (4th Gen).

Does fit with the whole "Draconeon" idea though. (god i hate that name)

20. Default Re: Pokémon January 8th announcement

Absolutely, but I think bw2 kind of backtracked a little. Although I did love the fact we had so many more options in the beginning, I just feel like they are adding tassels to a 20 year old bike.