Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expiring NX

1. Default Expiring NX

I was checking a secondary/tertiary/etc email of mine for something completely unrelated and found this.

Has this been discussed or noticed by anyone yet?

2. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: Expiring NX

A friend of mine had a similar experience and yeah, it expires. :/

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yeah, got those on 3 of my mule accounts (which actually have a quite a bit of NX from back when Nexon gave it out as compensation for something or other).
    (This isn't new, btw. Got it last year, too)

Gifted one of those 99nx items to my main for the Charm, hopefully that's enough to make them leave the rest of it alone.

What I'm more concerned about is that I didn't get these notices on other mule accounts that haven't used any NX in the past year, either. I'll probably end up doing that gifting thing on them too, just to be on the safe side.

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

I'm pretty sure NX has always expired. When I first started playing back around the second maple anniversary and read about the Cash Shop on Nexon's website, it mentioned that a purchase has to be made within a year or the NX will expire without any refunds.

5. Default Re: Expiring NX

The same thing happens with JMS. There's a date on the Nexon Point site for Nexon JP that lists how long you have to spend your Nexon Points before they expire. I think the whole... 9... NP I have left expire in 2014.

6. Default Re: Expiring NX

This happens if you neither add nor spend NX on the account, for a whole year.

Been around for quite some time.

7. Default Re: Expiring NX

My major question is... why bother? Why put a system in place to remove virtual points that you as the player paid for with real money.

Prepaid credit cards do something similar, but they just take a flat chunk of X dollars every month after a year.

Nexon just takes it all.

8. Default Re: Expiring NX

To give the urgency to spend instead of save in order to get the person to spend more money when they want something else. Spend it all now, buy more later!

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

Because they can?

10. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Because.....it's Nexon. o3o

11. Default Re: Expiring NX

NX has always expired after one year.

12. Default Re: Expiring NX

It's been like this since at least 2007. I had to download maple and buy a guild emoticon to save the rest of my NX after the first time I quit.

13. Default Re: Expiring NX

This has been in their TOS since I started playing right before the ludi patch. The TOS has always said "unused" nx will expire after one calandar year, it's interesting that your e-mail says "unchanged" nx. I bet if you purched one of those 1nx promo items the 199 would remain another year.

14. Default Re: Expiring NX

I never saw this; just checked my account and all of mine is still there, I haven't touched that account in WELL over a year, and the last time I quit playing it was an even longer period, close to 3 years with no activity and all the NX was still there when I came back. Is it just at random or what?

15. Default Re: Expiring NX

NX has always expired. Been like this from the start (well since '06 at least).

If you have a balance and don't recharge then it will expire after a year. Basically one year after your last recharge.

16. Neutron Straight Male
    IGN: afeuicoku
    Server: Broa
    Level: 200
    Job: Lifeguard
    Guild: Deaf
    Alliance: Tartarus

I learned this through basilmarket lol

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Yeah it's literally always been that way.

If someone wants to leave 40k or something and come back years later they'd have to spend money again.

18. Default Re: Expiring NX

i got this mail and i have like 1.1k all in different payment options which cant buy anything alone lol.

19. Default Re: Expiring NX

I honestly wonder if expiring NX is something that would hold up in court, even when it's in the TOS. I mean, they're basically saying your money expires, which if you hadn't converted said money into NX it wouldn't.

Too bad there's never going to be a large enough about of NX expiring to be worthy of a lawsuit over.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

It's somewhat similar to expiring store credit or gift certificates.
    I don't know whether these things are legal in the US, but they're fairly common around here. And very annoying.