Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefall

1. Default Firefall

An open world free-to-play shooter currently in closed beta, but will be accessible for everyone this year!

For more info, visit the official website - The webpage features a timeline of what's coming up soon!
    Since a few SP members are getting familiar with Firefall, I think it's time for its own thread.
    Firefall is in closed beta but beta players get a set of beta keys and more when the devs send a new wave of invitations. Interested? Please ask any questions you have.

List of SP members playing Firefall
    Last edited by Spadow; 2013-04-04 at 07:50 PM.

2. Default Re: Firefall

Any idea when they intend to add Armies to the game?

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Firefall

I have 5 beta keys if anyone wants them. I need emails.

Edit: ALL GONE.
    Last edited by Corn; 2013-01-05 at 09:19 PM.

4. Default Re: Firefall

So, you were the Spadow I kept seeing.

IGN: Lugin
    Server: NA

Got ten invites. (One account for wiping and retesting early stuff each patch.)

5. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

I'll be playing this as soon as i get a Beta Key =P
    Looks really interesting

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Invites are all taken already (sheesh guys). Don't PM me.

@Five Second Pose
    @DragonsMirth
    @FoolsLove
    @Untradeable
    @RandomZodiac

Edit: Who the hell is Subscribe?

7. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

*raises hand slowly*

why so anger :(

8. Default Re: Firefall

Anyone know what's going on? The game looks really interesting but I can't figure out wat do.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

AHHH RANDOM STALKER.

10. Default Re: Firefall

I find that PvP is based very heavily on positioning during fights (As Assault at least, I haven't tried the others), something I enjoy a lot. I'm pretty confident I'm doing it right in playing Assault as a burst "hit and run" damage class in solo PvP. I imagine that with the Biotech battleframe on your team you would be able to run around and do lots of damage pretty indiscriminately. (These assumptions are coming off of my background in competitive TF2; roaming and pocket Soldier, specifically)

Are there any advantages to playing in third-person camera over first-person? I find aiming much easier in first-person, but the kind of movement that is present in Firefall makes me think that third-person can be advantageous.

Also shockwave is a pain in the ass to hit. I can airshot but I can't land a single goddamn shockwave.

11. Default Re: Firefall

Looks interesting, and I need to get away from Modern Warfare..

How often to they send out beta keys?

12. Default Re: Firefall

I can send you one if you PM me your email. As far as I know the easiest way to get keys is from other people.

13. Default Re: Firefall

Yeah, shockwave requires practice.
    PvP is known to be out of whack at the moment, with Assaults generally dominating public matches.
    Of course, when the majority of the population is in Assault frames...
    Dreads took a hard nerf to the face a while ago, and future changes regarding PvP have been announced.
    Basically, set loadouts for each frame. Meaning, for Assault frames, a Firecat's loadout will be different from a Tigerclaw's, and both differ from the Accord Assault, but every Firecat is the same.
    At the same time, frame constraints have been temporarily removed, and we've been told to "go nuts and experiment."
    So, yeah, it's kind of unbalanced at the moment.

Also, you don't need their email to generate an invite. You can leave the fields blank and it'll generate a code that you can copy into a PM.

14. Default Re: Firefall

I like it so far, and it's definitely different. The resource gathering reminds me of StarCraft, so I feel right at home!

15. Default Re: Firefall

So is there any ways to get keys other than from other players? This game seems pretty different from the others out there.

16. Default Re: Firefall

You can register on the forums and get lucky on an invite wave, or you can grab a Founder's pack for immediate access, some bonuses, and Cash shop credit.
    Getting an invite from another player is just the fastest way without spending money.

17. Default Re: Firefall

I can send you an invite, if you want it.

18. Default Re: Firefall

I'm interested in playing but would it be laggy seeing that I'm playing from SEA. If you don't mind, I would like one. Thanks! ^^

19. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: MagiRico
    Server: LoL NA
    Job: Jungle/Top/Supp
    Guild: Deny
    Alliance: Eternal
    Kansas

This looks extremely badass. I may try to find a key and take a break from League