Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Firefall

Run around and do dynamic events.

2. Default Re: Firefall

Managed to get it working now. I'm Skygga ingame. Can anyone tell me how to clear the dynamic event quest? I'm sure I cleared a few already but it's still there on the to do list.

3. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Look for purple events in your map, although most of em are really hard and the only easy one i have managed to do alone its the crashed tumbler. Either that or restart your game.

4. Default Re: Firefall

Well... Apparently my game was bugged. It was cleared when I restarted but the single player missions kind of kept disappearing. Seems like the easiest one to solo is the drop pod quest or crashed LGV one.

5. Default Re: Firefall

The single player missions outside of the tutorial seem to be random. Either that or they are indeed bugged. Sometimes resetting your UI with /rui can fix those types of bugs.

As for the Dynamic Events; there's mainly six:
    1) Thumpers. You start these yourself by dropping a thumper in any location that allows it. You can determine the best place to drop it by using Scan Hammers to find resources. Higher numbers are better.
    2) Crashed LGVs. These usually either explode when you reach them, or start a Data Worm event which has Bandits spawning and trying to kill you. IMO, they're rather easy, and I don't think it's really possible to lose even if you don't defend. I think these need a buff in difficulty.
    3) Crashed Thumpers. These involve putting the thumper back together with nearby parts before they explode (usually a minute after the start, with time added for parts recovered).
    4) Drop Pods. These can be hard solo, in my opinion, if you intend to kill the Chosen that spawn with it. If you don't intend to do that, you can usually cheat it with a vantage point where the Chosen cannot see you but you can hit the drop pod.
    5) Melding Tornadoes. In my opinion, these are the best for EXP but can also take a while. They are also the most frequent to break. About half the tornadoes I've run into at this point don't spawn the cores, and without the cores the tornado is impossible. They can be fun with loads of mobs though.
    6) Invasions/Recovering held watchtowers. These essentially spawn off of Drop Pod events if they are left around too long. The Chosen will take over, or attempt to take over, a watchtower. You must stop them and take it back.

There's also other scripted events in various locations, like the Bounty Hunting in Thump Town at the north end of the map, or the Portable Antenna event (which last I checked is broken and never resets). There's also a race one, and some others.

6. Default Re: Firefall

Not quite right. Close though. And theoretically closer in the future. Any Chosen wandering around can potentially take a watchtower, whether spawned by Drop Pod, Incursion(Warbringer), or somebody thumping too close to the Melding. Invasions are something different, and are currently disabled. There's also calling in fresh SIN towers, which is similar to retaking watchtowers.

The eventual progression is supposed to be Drop pod -> Chosen secure area and towers -> Fortify into an Incursion -> Launch Invasion on nearby city(Copa/Tans-hub/Sunken).
    Only Copa Invasions have been enabled previously, and even that was on a timer (3 days shard uptime) rather than Chosen status. Last few patches have added Invasion defenses to Trans-hub and Sunken Harbor, so we may be seeing them turned on again soonish.

Note: Retaking towers and Incursions are by design intended for groups. Invasions flat out require several of them if you want to win.

Another note: Now is actually a very good time to be getting started, as the Chosen have several known bugs in their AI, making them far easier to deal with than normal.

Looking at the list again, the events you didn't specifically mention are the Pirate hijacks in the Sunken Harbor arena, and the sensor mission in Cerrado plains, though I haven't gotten that one to repeat. And the race goes in both directions, though the starting line in Copa is tricky to spot at first.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    New_Jersey

So I felt like making another account...because I wanted to have another ign and some more battleframes. And invites.

Funny because I got the name Corn.

RandomZodiac's IGN is MisterZodiac by the way.

8. Default Re: Firefall

y u abandon meh earlier? qq

Gawd typing like that is so unlike me.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Door Q_Q.

10. Default Re: Firefall

A light bug fix patch today.

Patch notes

Best change in this patch for me:

11. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Well pineapple, limited ammo for secondary weps.

12. Default Re: Firefall

This is absolutely hilarious.

Edit: Lutz posted what some of his improvements were on the forums:
    I thought there was no death penalty o.o. Or does he mean cheaper as in performance wise?

Outside of that, I saw a few reports of that render improvement being massive.
    Last edited by Polantaris; 2013-01-10 at 06:25 PM.

13. Default Re: Firefall

Is it just me or does the Chosen seem more aggressive these days? I mean, they practically took over half of the map today...

14. Default Re: Firefall

Yeah...
    I have been saying this in Zone chat for a while. They are significantly more aggressive, and they also have a significantly higher spawn rate than they did last patch. At one point there were 4 Incursions at once in relative distance to Trans-Hub earlier today. Yesterday I took out around 15 drop pods in an hour of play, it was insane. I wasn't looking for them either.

They definitely did more to them than increase their accuracy and fire rate.

15. Default Re: Firefall

You think this is aggressive? You should have seen them before the previous patch.
    The previous patch had four bugs in their AI that made them significantly weaker than intended.
    From Chosen Warfront Dev Insights, Patch 1515:
    Not to mention you couldn't thump in enemy territory that patch.

16. Default Re: Firefall

Arise dead thread! ARISE! /silly

Alright guys, this weekend is open access!
    Runs from 10 am PST on the 25th to 12 am PST on the 28th.
    Get a decal just for logging into the game during the weekend.

Also, a skillshot contest will run for the duration.

More details on the event page.

Of course, if you want permanent access rather than just for the weekend, PM me and I'll toss you an invite.

17. Default Re: Firefall

Bump!

Haven't touched this game since forever because of no content.. But I'll be checking out this patch on March 22nd.

18. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

It still isn't actually content =(.

19. Default Re: Firefall

I don't know. The update on March 22nd is focused on changes in the core systems. All the battleframes are changing with new weapons, new abilities, new passives, ultimate abilities, etc. New crafting system.

20. Default Re: Firefall

It's interesting for sure...but I'm not so sure about changing all of our resources into "Beta" versions.

Either way, like Corn said, it's still not really content. I like that they're redoing all the battleframes and stuff, but outside of checking them out, you'll be done in a few hours.

I doubt I'll even spend time checking it out until there's real content added, since the 22nd is right after MH3U comes out...