Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Default Re: Firefall

Mmm can't hurt to try something new, if someone can send me an invite i would be grateful.

2. Default Re: Firefall

Red5 said armies are coming soon. Hopefully in Q1.

Yes I meant IGN. I've changed it to make it more clearer now.

Yeah! Hmm don't know if I have seen you. You've seen me through the Zone Chat or PvE/PvP?
    And Red5 confirmed there will be no wipe.

For the past nine months I have played in first-person and now in third-person. I prefer third-person over first-person in PvP. I feel I have more insight of what is going on around me and my aim is better.

Tier 2 PvP is crazy right now indeed. I agree Assaults dominate, especially the good players but Recons are pretty dominating too. My most played frame was Recon before Red5 changed the sniper rifle. I hope they fix the constraints system ASAP. As for the balancing between battleframes. There is going to be a complete overhaul of how battleframes work now.

I sent you a PM with a beta key. Have fun. :)
    The closed beta was not 24/7 until players asked for it but when it was just on/off back then, we had a small patch every week. That is changed now. Red5 will release milestones, so that means there will be no more weekly patches but big patches every few months. Don't be surprised when you're patching like 2~4 GB.

3. Default Re: Firefall

Ah, awesome.

Also, I think Lugin meant that he wipes himself to test early game content over and over everytime there's a major patch, not "in case they wipe."

4. Default Re: Firefall

For those who are interested: http://beta.firefallthegame.com/founders

You can become a Founder and this is an exclusive deal - These will never show up again once they're gone.

5. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    venezuela

Just me or the game looks a lot like Borderlands? It seems i will really enjoy this game.

6. Default Re: Firefall

Oh yeah, I got a beta key for this way back when, but I'm not really into FPS games.

7. Default Re: Firefall

That is correct. Spare account on my dead school email.

That'd be the cell shading. One of the devs mentioned that when Borderlands launched using it, there was a groan around the office because they'd be seen as copying it.

I've seen you in zone chat, and I think I saw you a few times in Copa before the NA/EU split.

I... don't do much PvP. Last time I messed with it, OCT popped almost every match, and my level 5 frames died horribly from Bolt 1 & 2 spam.

Yep locked frame configurations for PvP.
    To my knowledge, PvE will be much like before, but with the constraints adjusted.
    Unless there's something I've missed.

8. Default Re: Firefall

PvE's actually kinda fun. I thought I'd try to do dynamic events to get T2 instead of just PvPing nonstop.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Just lost 7.5k Crystalite trying to get T2 equipment -_-. Damm beta glitches.

10. Default Re: Firefall

What do you mean? A tier 2 battleframe cost 7k crystite. Did you craft at the molecular printer?

11. Default Re: Firefall

They must have increased it to 7.5k, cause that's what my Rhino frame cost me.

As for what Corn means, he probably hit the same bug I did during the tutorial. The game bugged out and bought me all the items, but never officially registered the frame to the UI. As a result, I had everything the T1 Recon frame had, I had lost my Crystite, however I could not actually activate the frame and I was essentially out of 1k Crystite and had junk in my inventory.

12. Default Re: Firefall

I got into one of the stress test beta weekends a couple months ago, was super fun (and super laggy due to my meh graphics card...) when I actually had time to play. Trying to capture/defend an outpost from those invading bastards with others and not horribly die in the process, and killing the tornados.... SO FUN!

Can't wait for this game to go live, I God (and bills) willing will have a better graphics card by then!

13. Default Re: Firefall

It is essentially live right now, if you want an invite.

14. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Is it just me or is anyone else having the game freeze up at times?

15. Default Re: Firefall

Hm. It was 7,000 before. After you purchased the Tier 2 frame for 7,500 Crystite, did you go to the Battleframe Station?
    All tier 2 frames have the same equipment as tier 1. Basically you're weaker than a maxed tier 1 frame unless you gradually unlock new equipment and better abilities in tier 2. Crafting is also available starting in tier 2.
    This is bad progression and it is acknowledged by Red5. They're going to fix it.

The devs are back in business today at the office so I'm hoping for an update soon of what they are working on.

16. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Yeah, it was a bug. Grinded another 7.5k and finally unlocked T2.

17. Default Re: Firefall

The bug occurred for me in Tier 1, and I did. I had to grind out 1k Crystite on no knowledge of the game because the server bugged out on me right when I went to purchase the second Battleframe as part of the early portion of it. It never registered the existence of the new frame, even though I had everything for it. The next day, I still didn't have the frame in my list, so I rebought it and it worked then.

There's also a bug where it takes a long time to notice that you got a new frame unlocked. When I unlocked the Rhino frame, it took like 30 minutes for me to be able to purchase it.

18. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Come on, I know I sent out beta invites to 5 people. You better post your names >_>.

19. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

I have 4 Beta Keys left, if anyone wants em just PM me. I just got my key so when i download i'll edit this with my name

Edit: my name is Gallant
    Last edited by Abrasive; 2013-01-07 at 11:11 PM.

20. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    venezuela

Im BlueFenixR in game, and can someone tell me what the pineapple to do now? XD