View Poll Results: Would you be interested in this?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  1. Default Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

This would be run after MetaSeraphim's game, probably after another one too since I'm going to a business conference and won't have internet for a weekend later this month if it runs at all. This game (I haven't fully written it out yet, I have theme and a few ideas in mind) would probably need 18-30 players, would use my "mason group" concept from previous games where everyone is put into groups where they can talk among themselves, but wouldn't be told the alliances of those they're allowed to talk to, and would likely not be able to trade role PMs unless fake role PMs are a thing people want to have in their games. More or less everyone would have some sort of role, it wouldn't be just mafia, doctor, and cop. I'm not going to bother with continuing on with this particular idea if not enough people are interested.

2. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

no me ;;
    I'm also toying around with the mason group idea.

I'm interested though.

3. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

If you don't mind beginners learning and messing it up for everyone I'm up.
    Most "complicated"set up I've ever played is vig/fool/hooker; and I'm usually confused in those "non-vanilla" set ups :/

4. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

Yeah, it would be more complex than that. That's why I'm asking before I invest any further effort into this.

5. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

re: super smash bros brawl mafia, where almost everyone had a super power.

6. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

I'm game. ENTIRELY opposed to the idea of sharing role PMs, though - I don't like any possibility of putting words in the host's mouth that they themselves cannot refute in-game. That, or the alternative - allowing it, but having the host (you?) be capable of direct intervention if someone gets out of line or to protect their reputation (I'd get more pissed at a fake PM that was poorly written or appeared imbalanced than someone simply lying about their role). Really, though, it's not necessary. A roleclaim or fakeclaim works just as well without focusing on the host.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

I dunno, we barely already have 10 players. How are we going to scrounge up 18-30 players that understand the game quite well?

8. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

Again, this is why I'm asking before investing more time into developing the concept.

9. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

I'd be game, but fair warning, I only understood about half of what you guys have been saying.

10. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

Adding a poll, I forgot I wanted to do that.

11. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

I'm game but I would be the total beginner that messes things up... :(

12. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

I'm hyped about going back to playing SP mafia games. I'm less experienced with vanilla games than I am with themed games, from what the culture here has been.

13. Default Re: Gauging interest in a non-vanilla mafia game

11 people not enough

dropping the idea