IGN: ZidaneKun
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 18x
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Integrity
    Alliance: Excellence
    usa

Default Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

When reading the skill Arcane Pitch, it reads to ignore defense and resistance 100% is there anyone that can clarify this? I know this might be a dumb question, but I feel as though it isn't 100%. I'm trying to figure out if I should go for Leafre set or Aqua(which I already have). Thanks for your input.

Also I read this thread and it doesn't completely make sense to me. I'm guessing by what he said that means that with AP it is only 40% ignore, but where does it say that in the skill description. Also assuming he is correct that means with Leafre set I could have 70% def ignore. Is this correct? o.o

2. Default Re: Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

It only has 40% pdr, the resistance ignore is for instances like hilla where your damage is heavily nerfed but with pitch on you ignore that damage nerf

3. Default Re: Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

Yes, AP is 40% def ignore

Nexon doesn't like to give the correct description of skills...

Leafre set gives 30% def ignore so 70% total.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    usa

Default Re: Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

Thank you would it be better to have aqua or leafre set for lumi? @poorbabyj Off topic: have you had any issues with dark or light bonus disappearing randomly?

5. Default Re: Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

The 100% resist is elemental resistance really. So you ignore the boss's ability to resist your element, just like mages.

6. Default Re: Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

Leafre set ovbiously. No I haven't heard of dark or light disappearing o.O

Edit: Do you mean like whenever you press Equilibrium sometimes you're not in equilibrium mode?
    Last edited by poorbabyj; 2013-01-04 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Typo and more info

7. Default Re: Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

Off-topic: I've had my Light/Dark bonus lost once, and that was when I was rapidly rushing Victor for some Helsium eq while I'm on Equilibrium. Equilibrium ran out in between map switching, and that glitched my bonuses, with no ability to reactivate either side's bonus until I used Equalise (immediately puts you to Light mode by default if you don't have a bonus, but Equilibrium is coded (I believe) to have a higher priority than Light/Dark bonus.

/edit: @JoshKun; at the maximal margin of 70%PDR before Leafre set, only at the lowest PDR rate for a mob (which is 5%PDR) will your minimal marginal benefit for Leafre set be less than that for Aqua Road set (1.52% vs 2%). At 10% and above, the minimal marginal benefit for Leafre set is [1 / (1 - 0.1*0.7)] = 1.0309 i.e. 3% increase, which immediately outdamages Aqua road set.

i.e. do not underestimate ignorePDR.

Hadriel
    Last edited by hadriel; 2013-04-04 at 01:31 PM.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Gay Male
    usa

Default Re: Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

k cool yea my bonus disappears so I switch over using equalize and after equalibrium i dont have either dark or light bonus. usually i have to switch again and sometimes it fixes. It's only happened 4 or 5 times so far. =(

makes sense. I think maybe I was ccing when re entering hilla, but it didn't run out while i was ccing.

9. Default Re: Luminous Defense Ignore/ Arcane Pitch

Haha yeah. I probably had the same thing too.