1. Default Does ignore defense stack?

I have a Bowmaster in maplesea,
    so i was wondering if ignore defense stacks from...
    1)ambition level 19, 1.5%
    2)marksmanship, 25%
    3)potential bow, 15%

2. Default Re: Does ignore defense stack?

Right now, yes.

But in Unlimited, they change the way it stacks so you can't get 100%.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Does ignore defense stack?

Yes.

Or supposed to, anyway. Occasionally it turns out that Nexon broke something or other.

4. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Can I get a link to this please?
    I'm so close to 100% this would be a big letdown:(

5. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Does ignore defense stack?

100% is still valuable for the 2-3 months we still have assuming you even boss.

6. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

You sure that change wasn't only made in the Test server but also in the live server?

7. Default Re: Does ignore defense stack?

Here's the thread with post-Unlimited discussion on Ignore DEF: http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=62241
    The general consensus is that it's multiplicative, but I'm not exactly sure how it all works, like how things other than weapons contribute to Ignore DEF.

8. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Basically Nexon thought % Ignore DEF being additive is broken. They decided to make it multiplicative so that you can't get 100% no matter if you have more than 100% or not in total.

Max Combat Mastery + Leafre Set + Level 70+ Luminous + Level 30 Ambition = 93% Defense Ignore

But if the formula is multiplicative, I'm going to deal about 20.74025% less damage to a boss with 70% PDR. Talk about a crappy formula.

9. Default Re: Does ignore defense stack?

IMO it's more intuitive that way. It encourages getting more %ignore for super-high-PDR bosses like Chaos PB instead of simply getting it to 100 and not needing to get any more. Someone with 200% ignore used to have the same damage as someone with 100% ignore, what's up with that? 100% ignore hits the same on 70% PDR Empress and 180% PDR Chaos PB, what's up with that?

10. Default Re: Does ignore defense stack?

To be honest here, 70% pdr is fair, but 180% is stupidly high. You'd need like 45% ignore pdr total to even deal ANY damage at all. Sticking that with the multiplicative system would just kick us in the ass even more. That's the first and only boss you'd ever go to in which if you have barely any or none at all you only deal 1 damage no matter how "godly" or "funded" you may be.

11. Default Re: Does ignore defense stack?

I'm not necessarily defending the whole PDR system here or saying that it's perfect, it was just an example. I agree that 180% is excessively high and needs to be toned down to something more reasonable like 100-125%, but at least a recent patch took down the PDRs of strongbosses down by 25%. It doesn't help that Chaos PB has physical resist on top of that PDR.

Then again, %ignore is one of the "bigger" lines you can get on weapon potentials alongside %boss. The Nebulite system makes it pretty easy to achieve high amounts of ignore, for GMS anyway. Most classes these days have a decent amount of built-in ignore%, which helps.

12. Default Re: Does ignore defense stack?

Yes but that strongly skews in favor of those with a large amount of innate PDR like heroes. Being a NL I only have 30% innate PDR. I'm just barely able to hit 100% PDR with neb, codex, avenger title, and luminous link.

13. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

even then, this system is retarded, with the current system, 80% ignore would mean dealing 64% damage on PB. while afterwards, me on my DrK (20% impale, 30% potential, 30% set) would be 47% dmg

that's pretty massive, and also inuintuitive, considering that reductions and increases have always been additive, see for example, boss damage wasn't made multiplicative.

14. Default Re: Does ignore defense stack?

wait... does this mean after KMS' nrf of the ignore def system, buccaneers are the only class that is allowed to get the 100% def ignore? Or are they indirectly nerfed as well?

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

if you mean that guard break skill, mercedes has it too, 40% chance to ignore 100% defense.

that's pretty much it tho.