Just as the title says, this thread is just going to be a list of tweaks I think would make several aspects of the game less annoying. There are a lot of small flaws that I had originally overlooked in my early years of playing, but they've gotten much more frustrating as time has gone on. So let the nitpicking begin!
Make scrolls always succeed, but with different returns based on the scroll's success rate.
- What I mean by this is, have 100% scrolls work as always, but make 60% scrolls give the full effect 60% of the time, but failures yield the effects of 100% scrolls, and 10% scrolls yield the full effect with the effect of 60% scrolls on failure, etc.
- For potential scrolls, just make them give 2 line potential upon failure and three lines upon success. The scrolls are rare as hell for non-botters and people who don't use NX to buy a merchant, so why make them blow up items?
- For enhancement scrolls, just make a failed enhancement undo the last enhancement used on the item. If the item doesn't have any enhancements yet, then just make it fail and do nothing!
- For dark scrolls, just make them yield the full effects more often and leave it at that.
- For Chaos scrolls, just make the success yield a random gain in stats and failures yield a random loss in stats.
- For Clean Slates, just make them undo the effects of the last scroll that was technically failed.
Remove most of the scrolls and make them more streamlined.
- No more helmet scrolls, pant scrolls, sword scrolls, blunt weapon scrolls, etc. Just make Armor scrolls, Accessory scrolls, Weapon scrolls, and Sub-Weapon scrolls. Maybe keep Glove Attack scrolls as before, if only to keep people from freaking out over needing to re-scroll their armor with attack.
Allow players to change the order in which their characters appear on the Character Select screen
- It's not that hard to make a list type data structure change its order, so why the hell don't they let people change the order of their characters? People change their mains all the time, and some people (like me) want their characters to appear in descending order based on how fun they are to play or whether or not the character is a mule.
Give players the ability to change their default keyboard settings
- Seriously, does this look like a decent keyboard design?
- Just make a UI in the Character Select screen that lets the player decide where the default keys should go so that they don't have to reassign every key with every new character that they make. It can't be that hard!
Make a UI for reassigning Link Skills in the Character Select screen
- Don't make people log on and off of characters constantly in order to change their link skills. It was fine when there were only three, but now it takes upwards of 5 minutes for some people, and it takes even longer for those who log in from the Game Launcher instead of the website.
Allow Link Skills to be changed as much as the player wants in one day
- Exactly what it says on the tin.
Remove the clutter NPCs
- There are LOT of NPCs in this game that do absolutely nothing but take up large amounts of space in towns. The Maple TVs that repeat the same lines forever, the extremely old event NPCs that have little warp points around them that teleport players underneath their platforms while they're trying to move around the map, and those huge cart riders in every town who used to take the players to the PvP map but now just tell the players that PvP is accessible through the dimensional portal. All of them are useless, all of them look ugly, and all of them need to go.
- Basically, if the NPC doesn't give a quest or service at some point or another, take it out.
Put Cassandra, Gaga and the event shop NPCs on their own map
- The cause lag, they clutter up towns, and don't fit the themes of any town other than Henesys. Put them somewhere where they won't be a nuisance through the dimensional portal.
Edit: Forgot to mention this.
Make Mystery Mastery books always giving Mastery Books for the class that's using them.
- The system sounded cool on paper, but there are way too many classes for MMBs to be convenient now. And with yet more classes on the way, things will only get worse unless they do something like this or just take the need for Mastery Books out all together!