Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Several threads around basil, the Nexon forums, and some other unmentionable websites have players confirming that they have been permanently banned after hacking Hard Mode Magnus.

Hime also made this post:
    Makes me wonder if they'll go through and delete all the Tyrant equips as well.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

2-3 well known Hard Magnus hackers, in Khaini, got perma'd last night and about 3-4+ more got hit today.
    Really hope the gear gets deleted.

3. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Good riddance. I don't feel bad for any of them.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I really hope none of them get "one last chance" due to being heavy NX buyers (or for whatever other reason).

5. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

It's permanent ban so everything they own is gone.

6. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

One Magnus/emp hacker was talking pomegranate to me last night and is now banned.

feelsgoodmang

7. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

But they can transfer the drops to another account...

8. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Not while they're banned. I think the person meant there won't be any new ones at the bare minimum.

9. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

I suppose but regardless, characters need to be well funded to be able to kill these bosses even with their hacking. They can't do this with non cubed gear.

This is a major clean up even though there are Tyrant capes out there, at least something was done and for that Nexon deserves credit. I was just talking about this last night on the maplereport thread that something needs to be done about those boss hunting hackers and I guess Nexon took care of it themselves.

10. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

They'd need to xfer it to another account with psok and use another psok to sell it. Bit unlikely, but they probably do have some on their mains (if they aren't stupid enough to hack in them).

11. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

My point is their characters with their main gear they use to kill these bosses are banned/blocked for good. For most of these hackers it won't be easy to bounce back, and acquire gear strong enough to start hack-killing these bosses again.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Talking about the Tyrant gear that people are wearing. Just because the accounts got perma'd doesn't mean the gear they sold magically disappeared upon their banning.

You severely underestimate the "Stack" hack.

13. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Well honestly I've been kind of removed from the game the past 2 months working lots of double shifts so I'm not sure what type of damage hacks are out there.

Regardless, the hackers I've been told are banned from this in Windia, three of them are Phantoms/Dual Bladers. And the rest are luminous/kaisers.

And most of them are permanently quitting. And if you play in Windia and know SOME of these people (the arrogant, conceited ones), you would know that's a huge positive for the server.

14. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

That means they were dumb enough to hack on their mains, lol good. It was possible to complete dojo in 8minutes with a lvl 130 unfunded kaiser (saw that in the dojo thread) and I've heard you only needed 50k range or so to empress/hard magnus; I know the WHs at empress did enough heals in 10minutes and they afked at Scrubby garden for 40minutes to get drops. Explains why there were shops full of tyrant equips even though hard magnus can only be killed once a week?

15. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

People are getting perma'd for Empress too apparently.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

Hope they know who's doing the hackings, because my friends and I Full emp with ease due to Kaiser retardedness.

17. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Dang I didn't know this. lol Well either way, now it's time for Nexon to start patching these new damage hacks before they start banning people for legitimately killing these bosses. But so far from the names I've heard are banned, they have not banned any innocent people so Nexon isn't being reckless about this. Maybe they're actually going into these maps themselves.

18. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

In my server I believe there's a GM actually inside the map. Any GM with a bit of knowledge should be able to tell who is actually hacking and who isn't. Hopefully there won't be any false bans.

Empress is now fairly empty, and every hacker that I've seen go in left or relogged before the 5 min timer expired.

19. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

I've been unperm banned before, don't get your hopes up to high.

20. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Lolmaster
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Wow I am really shocked that Nexon is taking a stand on this and trying to remain proactive. Hopefully some good comes of this.