Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

If true, this is excellent news indeed.

We shall see.

3. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

That part isn't entirely true. There is at least one mule in Bellocan full of emp/cpb gear.

4. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Well, the part of "every single account attached to them was banned" is wrong and I think only Hard Magnus hackers got banned. If anyone who used to hack empress/cpb is banned is only because they also hacked Hard Magnus.
    Yep, plenty of hackers still killing empress.
    Last edited by HellenzSin; 2013-01-03 at 09:48 PM.

5. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

I quite liked hackers, I was close with many, and I enjoyed the low prices and drama that they supplied, but I guess everything has to come to an end.

This is kind of off-topic, but I think it's very funny when people say "Oh I hate hackers" or "I'm so glad they're all gone"
    And then they say, "Oh, except for so-and-so. They were chill. " It's the case for almost everybody.

6. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

What forums do you go to, because that certainly doesn't happen here.

7. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Well it's my belief that almost everyone, even here, is friends with one or more hackers, and definitely doesn't have a problem purchasing cheap empress or duped gear.
    Greed is a powerful thing, and if it means getting close to a 'hacker scum' in hopes to get free or cheaper equips, I know I'm not alone when I say that I would do it. I would rob a bank without a doubt if I was sure I would not get caught.

8. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

A Nexon 'sting operation'. Man I hope that’s true, that’s just too funny.

If they clean up the gear as well then that’s pretty awesome.

9. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

If this were Basil, I would agree with you. But it's not.

10. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

I suppose you are one of the few that have never stooped as low to talk to a hacker or buy an item from any of their shops.
    Congratulations.

11. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

>Has no morals.
    >Complains about others double standards.

It's also hilarious how you assume how most of us are, when some of the most active members are doing (or at least trying) stuff to help MS get rid of hackers.

12. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Talking to hacker =/> stooping low. It's the content that matters.

If I don't know that the shop is a hacker's shop, am I stooping low? If I get perma-banned/have items deleted and thus wasted XXX amount of time/effort/money in MS, am I in the wrong? At the end of the day, it's the hacker's fault.

Hackers bring more (social) harm than (private) benefits. The same analogy for robbers, even if the bank is truely unguarded. This is not about methods or the-world-is-selfish or the-strongest-survive-the-weakest-perish. This is about order and fairness.

There is nothing to congratulate for not free-loading off hackers. It is what we should be doing, and not merely abiding by the ToC, nor is it about self-censorship or some righteousness thing.

Welcome to the world. Another world.

Hadriel

13. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

I started the sentence with "Well it's my belief" so hop off babe.
    In my defense, I'd like to say that I was born and raised Catholic, and in the sense of "morals" aka the difference between right and wrong, I definitely have morals. In my philosophy class we were asked if we could receive one million dollars at the cost of someone we don't know dying (aka the movie The Box), would we accepted or not. I'm disappointed in myself to say that yes, I would accept that offer. And I know that over half the population of the entire world would as well.
    I'd also like to say that a few years ago, I absolutely despised hackers. I reported them, sent in tickets with screenshots, and started a youtube channel dedicated to posting proof of hackers. Over the coarse of time, hackers were growing in population faster than Nexon employees were, and I gave up. I began to accept them, I stopped having pomegranatety damage because I was one of those who boycotted the FM, I bought equips and items that probably came into the game because of hackers, etc. I'm not at all shamed to say that I'm wearing a full empress set right now, I bought each for 250m a couple of months ago, and I know for a fact that they came from hackers. I'm not saying that I wouldn't also love to get rid of hackers, I'm just saying that I accepted them as 'part of the game' in a way, and sometimes they were even beneficial to myself, and I think half of the people in most nexon/basil/sp/etc threads are completely hypocrites because they are in the same boat as I. And that's my belief, thanks.

I'm actually going to (hopefully, I'm compulsive zzz) stop replying to this thread because I obviously have the wrong impression of you guys. You all seem like angels and you're all beautiful people, have a beautiful day. I apologize if I offended you.

14. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

You are entitled to your belief, then, even though we say that it is a flawed belief.

Accepting an existence =/> condoning. Much as there is a big difference between acceptance and moving on. There is a difference between accepting that there are bad things in this world, and accepting them into your life.

FTR there is no shame in your answer for The Box scenario, because it is not a wrong answer. There is no right or wrong answer. There is only choice.

/edit: There is no offence here, truthfully. We're not all angels either, because we're all sorts of shades of gray. There will always be some good and some bad choices. You'll only know if it's better or worse when you look around you. While there's no more need to get any more theological, there's plenty to learn simply by observing, thinking and reflecting. Even in Maplestory. And there's no right or wrong. Only all sorts of gray.

Hadriel

15. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

I guess it's a good start. It's a damn shame how these threads always devolve into a moral dilemma about hackers, though.

Now if only Nexon would start watching ranked Dojo...

16. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Economics, and human nature, my friend. They intertwine each other deeply. You learn wonderful things from there, and you start to understand the currents (not necessarily the undercurrents) of actions in this world, just from the basics of economics. Season with a bit of philosophy and this and that and you have a wonderful dish to a multi-course meal. The meal is called General Paper, and it's a wonderful and terrible subject. I highly recommend it, despite the poor grades that relatively many get.

Urrgh... getting a bit heavy on my words. This is most certainly not a good sign. 2am in the morning + serious mode + mugging (read: studying hard) mode + reflective mode => I should sleep.

Hadriel

17. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Do you all remember that 'Smashing Magnus' event that Nexon put up? I wonder if that was a ruse to lure hackers to Magnus.

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Slowly stepping on the ladder, Nexon. Keep it up!

19. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

Assumption/belief, what's the difference?
    I... I don't understand. If hacking, killing and stealing in certain cases is fine why is being a hypocrite in this case so funny?
    Regardless of morals, I think that the SPers that are very anti-hacker are smart enough to know better.
    Every time I see someone posting "...but I'll miss the low prices" or "...but hackers are nice people" or any other similar bad argument there are more s and someone pointing out how it's silly to think such things.
    It's not about every single SPer being an angel, is about your statement being a slap in the face to everyone who actually is.

20. Default Re: Nexon's taking action against Hard Mode Magnus Hackers

ofc it a trap... how you ever wonder why that medal doesnt exisit in data? 10 attack and 10% boss dmg