1. Default Browser asks me to download the game

Hey guys, I'm not really sure if this is the correct thread but I have a few questions about this. I just got a new notebook (HP probook 4525s) and I just xfered maple files via an external hardrive and everytime I try to start maple via the web it asks me if I want to redownload the game again. What should I do? I can start the game via gamelauncher tho, but it's really annoying to login everytime you want to chance chars or just xfer stuff. Is there a fix for that? Thank you very much, every help is apreciated.

2. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

Not sure how to fix it, but the problem is that when you download and install the game files a path is set up for the browser launch to your client. Since you transferred files, no path was specified.

There's probably a way to specify the file path for the web launcher, but I'm not certain how.

3. Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

Thank you very much, I reall hope someone here knows how to do it, I don't really feel like waiting 2+ hours

4. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

I think you need to have the game installed onto your computer in order for it to recognize the program. MapleStory isn't portable as @VerrKol; stated with the path way. I'm pretty sure you need to reinstall in order to make Maple work.

I may be wrong with what I just said though.

5. Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

When you install the game, one of the items installed is a plugin for your browser that is used to launch maple. If you don't do any installation, you won't have this. You also won;t have the registry entries required for the game.

6. Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

Well then, looks like I'll hae o redownload it, thank you very uch for the replies

7. Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

Keep in ind that the installer for Maple is NOT kind. It will outright delete your existing directory. If you have screenshots in there, put them somewhere else before you install.

8. Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

Thanks for the advice, but don't wrry I already saved my SS :)

9. Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

Just create a launcher if you don't feel like redownloading the game. Should still be working just fine. I'm lazy to reinstall the game myself because I just built a new computer for myself and not going through that trouble when I could just boot it up from my old hard drive.

10. Default Re: Browser asks me to download the game

This problem is an annoying problem that crept up 3 or 4 patches ago and Nexon has acknowledged it for IE 64 bit browsers I guess. Theres a stickied thread on their official forums in technical Support. Theres a new thread about the issue daily there.