Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MapleReport

1. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

Wouldn't it be easy to fake video evidence of someone hacking via something like a private server, just imitating the look and IGN? Video evidence alone is probably not going to be enough, but if Nexon actually looks at the videos and watches the subjects then maybe that's enough.

2. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

With Scammers and Ks'ers it's more difficult.

I mean, you CAN'T proof someone is scamming or ksing with a 30 sec videos, for the scamming you need to record ALL the trades chats and everything without cuts (because people can manipulate the chats). And for ksing ugh, you need to prove it's your map, that you entered without anyone there, that you were not AFK when the kser entered, and well, of curse that the kser it's a kser .-.

And no, a SS I'ts not a proof... you can edit one with paint and it's going to look legit

3. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

Someone would have to really hate you to go to those lengths... That said though, maybe timestamps would be a good idea too.

4. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

That was a fear of mine. The best way I can avoid that is to use only approved submitters, not everyone and their brother.

5. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

Also there's a few factors;

Most pservers have a stupid notice at the top, smega's are constantly spammed, with really strange items compared to what we deal with, UI maybe slightly different, no lightbulbs/event crap on the side of your screen to click, and the drops could be ridiculous.

There are many ways to prove its a PS compared to the legit server.

6. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

The simplest solution honestly is just open the "change channels" menu, I don't think private servers have 21 + channels in Broa.

7. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

I've experimented on servers up to 19 channels. Khaini, for example, only has 19 channels. It's a good indicator but I think just glancing around the whole UI shows a significant difference. Plus how much value are you going to hold a character that litterally has NPC gear, if not worse?

8. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

Been thinking of something similar but never had time or resources to pull it off. Too bad screenshot isn't enough, would be a lot more efficient that way

9. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

Screenshots are not efficient. Screenshots can easily be edited or faked. You as someone who makes custom maple content should know this.

10. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

That's true. Might have chosen a bad word but I basically meant there would be way more reports that way.

Might contribute but first I need to figure out how to use fraps and submit videos to YT.

11. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

I'm at work but I can reccomend a really easy frappin program i use to you, can't remember it off the top of my head. It's like livestream or something. I haven't uploaded to YT ever either so, you aren't the only f`uck up

12. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

I might as well sign up too, as it'd be a good idea with some hackers running rampant around there! Though, I'll try to do my best on doing so once I do because school can be such a pain...

The usage of Bandicam is okay, right? I'm not really comfortable with using Fraps all that much, and Bandicam is what I predominantly use for anything else~

13. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

Bandicam is fine. The only real requirement is that you be able to record HD video.

14. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

Someone could also go around and take pics of the dojo rankings on each server every day. That should give an idea about who is hacking dojo + hMagnus/hHilla/Empress/CPB atm.

15. Neon Atom
    IGN: Ibeatkids
    Server: Culverin
    Level: 170
    Job: Viper
    Guild: Reborn
    Alliance: Leafre

I'm curious how will this be sent to nexon? (which i'm assuming is the whole point of this). Only thing I can think of tickets which would result in not being seen. Unless you are going to start posting this on nexon's forums which would get this somewhat noticed.

16. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

Ah. I don't think my PC is good enough to record while playing Maple. :( Maple is such a resource hog...

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

He presumably has GM friends who will use this.

18. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

It's a nice idea but honestly, getting the average farmer banned isn't going to do much of anything. Those Battle Mage accounts are not their mains, they use those farming accounts to fund their mains or to just gain money to use IRL. They can bot to 15x within 24 hours and it will be a non ending cycle. The real issue is going after the boss hunting hackers, if you can set up a way for everyone to mass report these obvious boss hunting hackers for investigation, maybe Nexon will actually look into them.

19. Default Re: MapleReport.com is now open!

I've found a few hackers that looks like they spent time and money into their character (Full empress, perfect 2H sword).

You honestly would be surprised how open people are about it.

20. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Yeah there is an I/L mage hacker in khaini selling leech for a while now and he has full empress as well. I can't tell if it's them caring or if money just isn't an issue at all to the point where they can do that so easily.