1. Question Deciding on new character [No/Low funding]

Hey everyone,

I recently made my Kaiser, and got him the highest level I've ever achieved (146), but I don't think I want him to be my main.

I'm really interested in playing paladin (which I've gotten to 100 before), or shadower (which I only got to 5x-6x).

The reasoning is as follows:
    1) Shields are my favorite equip.
    2) Paladins are awesome, conceptually.
    3) Shadowers look like they have a fun playstyle (nowadays, at least. Flash jump! ).

There are two issues, though:
    1) I only have 3 character slots.
    2) I already have a 14x Kaiser->Rank S Kaiser card.

The playstyle of paladin doesn't seem to be as fast paced as I would like, whereas shadower does. But, shadower doesn't get baller looking shields, and wouldn't benefit from my Kaiser card.

I also do not want to play a fighter. :x

What do you guys think? Also, I know shadowers got a huge overhaul in BB/Tempest, but what would be the most noteworthy changes made for each class since their inception?

2. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    IGN: Dailom
    Server: Windia
    Level: 188
    Job: Wild Hunter
    Guild: Caelia
    Alliance: HighOrder

Default Re: Deciding on new character [No/Low funding]

A Shadower actually would benefit a bit from the Kaiser card since Strength counts toward their damage as well, but it only counts for as much as dex in the formula if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I don't know much about the Shadower play-style, but I would like to inform you of the two minor shortcomings that Paladins suffer from. Having once played a Paladin as my main for several years, I can say that Paladins are fun to play; however, their incredible defense can get kind of old. Taking one point of damage from everything and never getting knocked back just takes away what little excitement there is in grinding. Also, they're elemental charges are mainly just for show now, as no monster worth fighting after level 116 is weak to any element. Exploiting elemental weaknesses is just an informed ability, and you will never ever use it, and the status effects will rarely be seen because monsters die so fast.

If you don't mind erm... never having to worry about dying (first world problems I guess), and never using two of your elemental charges because they're completely worthless without elemental weaknesses, then go for the Paladin.

Edit: Forgot to mention that they only really use two attacks when they aren't using rush, and they aren't very impressive to look at when compared to the other warrior moves.

3. Default Re: Deciding on new character [No/Low funding]

Heaven's Hammer is pretty hilarious, WHAT'S THAT YOU WANT TO FIGHT THESE MONSTERS? TOO BAD THEY ONLY HAVE 1 HP NOW. ALL YOUR EXP IS BELONG TO ME

4. Default Re: Deciding on new character [No/Low funding]

The no/low funding is unfortunate, as you seem to have picked the two hardest classes to fund...But shad is very fun, lots of attacks and scenarios.