Thread: Audio problems

1. Default Audio problems

My audio no longer works. The problem started out with my new wireless headset (Logitech h600); plugging in the wireless receiver caused the sound icon to have a red circle with an x, giving the error message "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." This is obviously not the case, so I spent the better part of the week trying to fix it.

What I think I know so far:
    - The headset is not the problem.
    - The USB port I plug it into is not the problem.
    - The headset drivers are up to date.
    - The integrated sound card (? Whatever a laptop [Asus G73JH] uses) is the underlying issue.

I tried following steps on Microsoft forums to fix/update/whatever my sound card and now sound doesn't work at all. I'm at a loss here and I can't find crap on google.

Anyone even know where I should begin?

Picture

Edit:
    Plugging my old headphones works, but only in one USB slot.

My laptop now emits loud static for ~10 seconds from the main speakers if it is on for too long (unsure of time frame.. 5hr+?) without being shut down. It seems to be triggered when opening a web page, especially one with sound. I don't know of a way to stop the static.

Honestly at this point I'm ready to just get a new laptop. So many other things have slowed down/stopped working it's just not worth the effort IMO.
    Last edited by Marksman Bryan; 2013-01-24 at 10:46 PM.

2. Default Re: Audio problems

In the Control Panel, in Sound under the Playback tab in the window below the tab do a right-click and select: "Show Disabled Devices". You will probably see an icon that looks like a PCI sound card, click on it to "enable it" and you should be good to go.

3. Default Re: Audio problems

That was one of the first things I did.
    It's checked.

edit:

4. Default Re: Audio problems

Da frack! It could be a hardware issue.