Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/eve...rogress/00Fbt/

2. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

Yeah, they'd better make sure it does stack.

3. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

Perfect time to hit 200. I'm hoping for the best with this.

4. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

I'll be busy on the 31st but hopefully I can grab a few lvls on my MM on the 1st. 10 more to 200!

5. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

So there's 2x on 30th and the 1st but not the 31st? ._.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

It's 31st and 1st, just a typo in the date.

7. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

I don't give two pomegranates since I'm 200 already, but don't you think people would be more inclined to buy said 2x cards if the 2x event itself was the full 4 hours? I don't understand why they seem to be leaning towards 2 hour events more than 4 hour ones now. Just a waste of a card.

8. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

Because Nexon. Now, I get that four hours is a bit too much for some but when you explicitly know that two hours are going to be wasted if you don't train versus the possibility that you won't train if the full four hours were given it makes players less inclined to buy those cards. I would also think that most people who buy these cards are able to use it fully so it's just another of those mysteries of Nexon that we'll never know.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It always used to be 2 hour events and 4 hour cards. Back when we had family rep, people used that to make up the difference. And before that, people just trained two hours on 4x and 2 on 2x and didn't consider 2 hours of 2x "wasted"...
    I don't quite recall when they started with the 4 hour events. Was a compensation for some major foulup or other, I'm sure. Then it became a habit. Now they seem to be trying to cut back, so people won't all be 200 weeks before the next class is due out

10. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

Possibly. However it is though they'd have to cut back way more if they actually wanted to stem the tide and I actually don't think it's too big of a deal if people reach level 200 sooner as those are actually the ones that usually end up buying cash assuming they stay.

11. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

If Nexon REALLY wanted to stop people from levelling to 200 in less than 24 hours (And they weren't retards and actually knew their own damn game), they'd get rid of LHC and Stronghold as party play areas. (Not saying I want this, just saying it'd be the best way to stop people from levelling so fast)

....And they'd fix wild hunter map glitching.

12. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

Unless you were leveling a mule, which I plan on doing, in some unpopulated area, again, yes; usually you need to be at your training zone early. Why spend that preparation time in 1X if you are going to be training to save your map anyways.

13. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

Doesn't Nexon know december has 31 days?

14. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

The funny thing is hardcore levelers in KMS are still faster than GMS levelers even without x2 cards, and they don't have LHC party play, but they DO have SH party play.

15. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

They do, it's just another Nexon typo.

In the image it says the 31st and the 1st.

16. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

There's kinda a reason Kaiser takes so little time to level up...

The ridiculous damage

Before BB, doing 200k with one hit was a strong attack. I could do 200k with blast on my 15x Paladin, but only with Apples active. In that screenshot, my Kaiser's doing 2.2 million damage in a single attack (including the FA-like hits). Reindeer have 8.7 million HP and it 5hkos them. Oh and it does this damage to 3 mobs at once.

17. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

Yes, I understand and know full well how ridiculous kaiser is. But the fact still remains that if LHC wasn't a party play area, nor was Stronghold, people would not be hitting 200 in a single day. Or even in several days. One hit killing normal mobs can only level you so fast compared to getting over 1million exp per KILL at stronghold. There's just no comparison.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    Colorado

It's even more ridiculous when you get the Hyper Passive to give it +1 hit and THEN you add on the +2 hits from Kaiser's Cursebite that procs 100% of the time on mobs affected by status effects. The -1 hit on Giga Slasher's nerf is totally justified.

What about KMS? They don't have LHC Party Play nor x2 cards, and yet they're still faster than GMS lol.

19. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

I seem to recall someone posting a screencap from KMS when Kaiser was first relased...
    The first day, they had someone in their guild that was like... 18x??

20. Default Re: Have a Happy New Year's with 2x EXP & Drop!

I wouldn't know anything about KMS. :< Where do they grind at from 120-165?