Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

I was reading Max's blog and found this:

The ignoring monsters’ defense stat and how it stacks has been changed.

Does anyone know what this means exactly?

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

I can only imagine it means it's
    A) multiplicative
    Or
    B) it has a cap for example of 90%

But we havent heard anything about it

3. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

I guessed that it'd be capped at 90%, haven't been able to find any information about it at all.

The link is here, http://orangemushroom.wordpress.com/...organizations/ | Ctrl + F "The ignoring monsters’ defense stat and how it stacks has been changed."

In other news I've just rediscovered the Flame of Reincarnation (give additional options to existing items) and am annoyed at the platinum SoK limit all over again. >_<

4. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

Sorry for stealing the focus of the thread but since we're on the topic of the FoR do we know if it can be used unlimited times on an item until you get the additional options you want? The way he said "the additional sok limit will be added to an equipment ONCE" implies you can use FoR multiple times.

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

that FoR pisses me off, i hope the PSoK thinguie only applies if the item gets boosted to 140.

much interested in both questions

6. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

No idea, but I'd be interested in finding out if anyone knows. I have a bad feeling they probably won't be (at least not for now) and items will be stuck with whatever stats they get, and then they'll release a cube sphere or something retarded in the future that randomises the options.

Not looking forward to Unlimited as much as I thought I would, the SoK limit is such a bad idea. :|

7. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

You can use it on an item more than once :) Last Hot Time they gave us a Desperado and like 5 Flames for it so you could get stats that you wanted.

About the defense ignore, there were a couple posts about it on Insoya (this one seems like it gives a formula at the end) but I skipped over them because they were too complicated and mathy. If you can find someone to translate it, maybe it will give you what you need?

8. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

It also says that the higher leveled FoR are dropped at higher leveled bosses, suggesting that level 140 FoR might only come from Empress+. I really hope this isn't the case, otherwise, no additional options for me. Any news on where they come from?

Also, maybe they changed PDR to what I though it was originally, years ago, a flat subtraction from monster PDR rather than a percentage subtracted so 100% Ignore doesn't equal 0% PDR at CPB and the like. I don't know though, a little less confusion, perhaps.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

If that's the case additional PDR past a really low point is completely useless unless all revamped bosses have 100%+ PDR

Success rate? How easy are they to get? (market value would be a fair indicator)

10. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

Don't have any answers, just pointing out some stuff:
    1. They have the level 2 Luminous Link (+15% Ignore DEF), 71 Ambition (+7% Ignore DEF), Avenger (+5% Ignore DEF).
    2. The Dagger is 30% Ignore DEF, and the Katara is 40% Ignore DEF.
    3. With neither the dagger nor the katara equipped, hovering over them in inventory should display how much of an increase equipping them will give. The dagger says +30% despite the Luminous Link, Ambition, and Avenger, I think, and the katara says +39%, despite the potential line being 40% Ignore DEF.
    4. With the katara equipped, the displayed increase in Ignore DEF on the dagger becomes 18%. I think they think this is because the katara ignores 40% DEF, leaving 60% DEF, and then the dagger's 30% Ignore is calculated off of the remaining 60%, so the dagger would ignore 30% of 60% DEF, so 18% more DEF ignored, which would make it multiplicative, I think. However, with the dagger equipped, the katara says the increase would be 27%, though if it follows the above, the dagger ignores 30% of 100%, leaving 70% DEF, and then 40% of 70% is 28% more DEF ignored, not 27%.

But, this means that at least Ambition has no effect, if they took off the Luminous Link and Avenger, but I don't know Korean, so I don't know. Can't make heads or tails of it.

11. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

They're all 100% success rate. From what I gathered from my friends list, 110s are worthless, 120s are like 5-10m, 130s I'm not sure about, 140s are 300m and 150s are 700m.

12. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

Ok if what you say is right then how do these work together....

i have these option ..

1. 15% luminous skill level 2
    2. 5% avenger title
    3. 30% Passive skill ignore
    4. 30% ignore def on main weapon potential first line
    5. 15% ignore def on main weapon potential 2nd line
    6. 30% ignore def on 2nd weapon potential first line
    7. 15% ignore def nebulite
    8. 5% ignore def on additoanl potential....

what is my total ignore? def is?

if Additive it would be ignore 145% which is 100% ignore at max

if multiplicative ignore def would be like this ...

let say pinkbean has 180% ignore

1. luminous level 2 link skill ignore 15% of 180% = 153%
    2. Avenger title ignore 5% of 153% = 145.35%
    3. Passive skill ignore 30% of 145.35% = 101.75%
    4. Main weapon potential first line ignore 30% of 101.75% = 71.22%
    5. Main weapon potential 2nd line ignore 15% of 71.22% = 60.53%
    6. 2nd weapon potential first line ignore 30% of 60.53% = 42.37%
    7. Neublite ignore 15% of 42.37% = 36.02%
    8. Additional potential ignore 5% of 36.02% = 34.21%

if you are hitting 500k dmg 34.21% of your dmg will be reduce by pinkbean def which is 328k dmg.....

that mean you cant never ignore 100% no matter how high your ignore is .... max u can get is 99%

13. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

Sigh...worst fears confirmed. People like Stereo are going to have a field day with these though.

14. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

i just found out that the new kms ignore monster def it is multiplicative.............. but there good new is to get the best result of these ...

i have 2 option

option one

1. ignore 40% def main weapon potential 1st line
    2. ignore 15% def main weapon potential 2nd line
    3. ignore 40% from skill

option 2

1. ignore 30% def main weapon potential 1st line
    2. ignore 30% def main weapon poetntial 2nd line
    3. ignore 30% from skill

which is better ?

let take a example on first line ... and let fight a boss call cygnus which she has 70% ignore

taking from option 1 .... ignore 40% of 70% = 42% then ignore 15% of 42% = 35.7% then ignore 40% of 35.7% = 21.42% of your dmg will be ignore when attacking cygnus
    taking from option 2..... ignore 30% of 70% = 49% then ignore 30% of 49% = 34.3% then ignore 30% of 34.3% = 24.01% of your dmg will be ignore when attacking cygnus

85% ignore > 90% ignore .......... LOL

15. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

and do they make items PSoKable always? or there's some way/method to keep them tradeable?

and that PDR thing SUCKS.

16. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Interesting. Sort of implies the only way to get them are through revamped bosses of corresponding level which is what is making them so expensive. I have no idea how easily KMSers are downing those bosses but it sounds like additional options is the most fair stat boost system as far as dependance on NX that has ever been implemented.

17. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

If this is real then bucc and mercedes have the best PDR ignore skills I guess.

18. Default Re: MapleStory Unlimited: Ignore Mob Defence?

Umm, is there a layman's terms for this?

19. GLADIGATORS
    usa

40% chance to ignore all of PDR becomes significantly better when PDR in general is multiplicative and cannot go past a certain point due to it.

20. Helium Atom Gay Male
    IGN: CoveralAran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 181
    Job: Zero
    Guild: Smite
    Alliance: LevelUP
    Farm: King's Landing
    netherlands

40+40+15=/= 85 dude, it's 95, so that would make sense.