IGN: ° ͜ʖ °
    Server: DEGZA
    Level: T_T
    Job: This is FParta!
    Guild: I like toast
    Alliance: @__________________@
    north korea

Question Dojo questions.

Happy New Year soon! I got a few questions about dojo (more specifically, ranked mode):

1. Is there some sort of trick to have the bosses spawn faster in dojo (under legit circumstances, i.e. no hack/glitch)? Or is it all based on how lucky you are? Does it depend when you do it?

2. Is it even remotely possible to finish dojo in 8 minutes without hacks? (Some dude just did 8:03 o.O, I assumed it was a hacker).

3. What's your best time in ranked mode and are there any tips you can share?

Thanks.
    Last edited by IImaplers; 2012-12-27 at 01:34 PM.

2. Default Re: Dojo questions.

1.)

2.) Yes, but need to hit max 100% and know how to time, etc. Most times under 8min as of late aren't legit because of new ridiculous hacks.

3.) 8:3x ish. I learned from doing and practicing timing.

3. Default Re: Dojo questions.

I believe Kaisers have the hits/sec to get under 8 minutes, because Mercs can (Iathas of Scania has a video of 8:05 and that particular run he could've gotten 7:55 with some luck). It takes a lot of timing skill and spawn luck to get these kinds of times, though. My best time as Phantom was just under 9 minutes, and that's about as good as Phantoms will get unless Rose Carte changed something (doubt it).

4. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Default Re: Dojo questions.

Will take a gander at those vids a bit later. Thank you!

5. Default Re: Dojo questions.

Saw some Kaiser had a sub 8min (7:53) run in BellaNova.

6. Default Re: Dojo questions.

Most of the recent sub-9 times in GAZED have been from hackers. It is possible legitimately but you need very good control and have perfect timing (and cap 100%, obviously).

For the timing, Dojo has a 10 second spawn interval, so what I do is keep a clock that shows seconds up next to the MapleStory window and when I'm going into the last floor for a round (i.e floor 5 where Zombie Mushmom is) I'd look at my clock and make a mental note of when it spawns (for example, let's say it spawns at x:50, so I need to remember the 0). So in order to get the boss to spawn instantly, I need to be in the next map a second or two before 0 so I don't miss the spawn at 0. You can sit in the waiting areas as long as you'd like so use this to your advantage to time the spawns.

7. Default Re: Dojo questions.

Lol @ that video. He took a really really long time to say his point, and he's not even totally accurate. Just watch CafeMusic's video, she's right.

8. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Very very useful information. Thanks!

9. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

@IImaplers;
    Nearly every action in this game goes by an internal maple-time which starts actions in the 10 second interval. Mined something? You have to wait for the 10 second interval to reset. Monsters spawn? 10 second interval(in some cases bosses will not adhere). Pink bean spawning starts it's actions in the 10 second interval. Cooldowns, although not entirely true, are slightly persuaded by this interval.
    This game has a strong connection to this interval, which is all i'm really trying to point out.

10. Default Re: Dojo questions.

Man, that guy's is the worst attempt at an explanation I've ever seen.

11. Flatpanel TV Straight Male
    north korea

Good to know. It's reasonable to have some sort of default-ish interval like this for programming instead of some other weird amount with decimals.

Bonus question: Is there some way to control where on the map the dojo bosses spawn at as well or is it meant to be completely random? I noticed that most of the time they spawn pretty close to the portal but sometime quite far from it. As an F/P mage, if a monster will spawn (and if that monster has ~8 mil HP) close to the portal, I can set up my mist, stand right at the portal, explode it and change rooms without wasting time. Same would probably go for any other classes with powerful setup attacks.

12. God of Terrorism Straight Male
    IGN: Bomber123
    Server: StranInSCA
    Level: 202
    Job: Terrorist
    Guild: Noctivagant
    Alliance: I dont remember
    Farm: ExpiredMobs
    usa

The spawn spot is random and you cannot manipulate it. It's all luck.

13. Default Re: Dojo questions.

Slightly off topic, but how often can you receive gloves, and does it vary by type? In the past week I've received top 50 gloves twice and top 10 gloves once, having been in the top 50 every day and being in the top 10 at some point resets, but I can't see any rhyme or reason as to when I get gloves.

14. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Dojo questions.

Hmmm. I wonder if the seed theory would adhere in some way to this 10 second tick.