Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Threads here and here. Can someone actually confirm this? Was this implemented in other versions of MapleStory?

I bought one fairly recently (Nov. 17) with NX credit, but I don't know when this supposed change was implemented. Shop permits are the only reasonable way to make money and I refuse to buy a NX game card. If this is a permanent change then I suppose it's a great excuse for me to finally quit playing MS.

EDIT
    Last edited by Kuraitou; 2013-01-03 at 04:06 AM.

2. Neon Atom Male
    IGN: WaxMuseum
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 200
    Job: Captain
    Guild: UniquePwns
    Alliance: Miracle
    australia

Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Logging in now to confirm

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Y tho

4. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Can't be assed to go to the store. It's so much more of a hassle than just punching in my CC# online and getting the NX charged immediately. There are plenty of publishers that are more than happy to take my CC# and then give me microtransaction credit with no strings attached. I don't see why MapleStory should be any different, and I'm definitely not going to condone this change in policy by purchasing game cards.

5. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Yeah it is a huge inconvenience. I've been blocked from charging through debit card for like 2 years or something at this point because they think i'm fraudulent or something. Which unfortunately is lumped with paypal as well as free NX offers...retardedly enough. Not really serious enough to quit over though...

6. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

I can only imagine that it's some sort of lazy countermeasure to the Chinese botters selling their goods in the FM.

7. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

You can buy prepaid online, but not sure if linking the site would be allowed or not.

8. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Which is yet another failure of a measure because there have been sites for prepaid cards for years. How do you think I pay for my NP (NexonJP NX)? How do you think anyone who doesn't live in Korea pays for NexonKR NX?

Nexon's just being Nexon, once again.

They're probably purposely making a ton of stuff Prepaid only so you can't chargeback them.

9. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

I've been trying to find a site like that for a while due to being billing banned, even though I haven't bought NX in 2 years.

10. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Thanks for the tip. I was not aware of this.

pineappleing kids ruining this pineappleing game. It pisses me off that I'm being penalized because of a bunch of spoiled little pomegranates that run around spending money like it's of little consequence to them.

11. GLADIGATORS
    usa

You make it sound like fraud is a child's game.

12. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Pmed.

If this is their true goal, it's a pomegranatety way of doing it. At least I'm a golden snail, all my NX goes into 1 big pile regardless of where I get it.

13. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Which you can only get by charging through credit/debit in the first place...

GOD FORBID I BE LUMPED IN WITH THE REST OF THE GOLDEN SNAILS DESPITE CHARGING SO MANY GAME CARDS.

14. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

I just bought a permit with NX credit yesterday.

15. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Would you pefrer your NX cards to be put into credit instead of prepaid?

We can call it, The Bronze Snails!

16. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Same.

feelsgoodmang.jpg

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Rather have maple points ffs.

18. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

I'd bet it's to encourage overbuying. A store permit is 1800 NX. But none of the cards cost anywhere near that amount. They come in increments of 10, 25, and 50, if I recall correctly. In that context, it's easy to see why Nexon would want to discourage NX credit, since credit allows the player to purchase -just- the right amount of NX he/she needs at a given time, which generally means less money in Nexon's pocket.

Or maybe this really is just a jab at gold farmers. On a similar note, has anyone else noticed that Nexon's measures against botters tend to hurt average players most? The "breathing" mechanism; removing Duey; ruining the MTS with taxes and finally scrapping it altogether; the whole "you stop attacking if you're spamming your skill for two minutes" thing -- and now, supposedly, this. Maybe that's why the game's been a laggy, buggy, unstable piece of pomegranate lately; maybe it's to deter hackers from playing it. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

19. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Everyone abused that. Pet with autopot and you'd bot like crazy; one of the old "super legit" guilds that I joined back then did that. Oddly enough, they're the same people that lead the one I joined with my Evan last month. HS mules that just needed to leave a rock on their HS button while you grinded for hours and hours and hours and hours? Anyone with two computers or able to log twice from the same PC would do it. I don't know about the other things you mention, but that one hurts everyone because almost everyone abused it.

20. Default Re: You can no longer buy store permits with NX credit.

Probably should change the title of the thread before rumors start. I just literally bought a store 2 minutes ago with credit, it works fine.