1. Default Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

EDIT: Please scroll down to my most recent post as that is the question I now need help resolving.

I'm making a Kaiser range calculator just for personal use. So far I've finished the formulas to determine stats based on base stats + equips, but now I'm translating those stats into damage with the formula:

MULTIPLIER * (4 * PRIMARY STAT + SECONDARY STAT) * (ATTACK / 100)

I've searched around and keep finding this formula, but no mention of whether the values need to be rounded to a whole number before I proceed. For instance, my secondary stat (DEX) is currently 4.28 after buffs. Of course, the game says it's 4, but I don't want to assume that the game rounds it before calculating range just because it's rounded on my stats menu. So I want to double check with someone to make sure that the game actually rounds it before entering the stat into the above formula. When I use the above formula, do I enter 4.28 for secondary stat, and round only at the very end, or do I round BOTH each variable (primary stat, secondary stat, and attack) and round at the end as well?

Also, is the multiplier for 2H Swords still 1.29?
    Last edited by Slashtap; 2012-12-26 at 01:50 PM.

2. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

Fairly sure the values get typecasted to an integer before throwing them into the formula. So yes, floor it.

3. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

Will do. Am I right about 1.29 being the multiplier?

Also does "All stats +20" essentially mean STR+20 DEX+20 (and NOT Attack+20)?

4. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

All Stats only refers to Str/Dex/Int/Luk.

5. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

ninja;
    Pretty sure that All stats refers to STR/DEX/LUk/INT, If you see Accuracy/Avoidability/Defense/Magic Defense increase it's due to adding to those stats.

6. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

Edit (again): Ok I'm still not getting my range when I crunch these numbers, I'm missing roughly 22 attack from my calculations (the STR and DEX are correct so I reason it must be attack). The only way the deficit in my calculations can't be due to the attack stat is if some 4th stat apart from STR/DEX/Attack like PDR ignore or %boss damage factors into the range you see on your stat screen (which I highly doubt.. but if someone knows otherwise please say so).

So here are the attack boosts from passive skills that I'm counting: +30 attack from 4th job attacker mode, Empress Blessing (mine is 21), +30 attack from Expert Sword Mastery, +30 attack from Advanced Tempest Blades. Is there anything passive that I'm missing at all? I've triple checked and can't find anything.

The Tempest set of equipment gives 30 STR 30 DEX and 35 attack as a bonus for wearing 8 pieces, did I get that right?

Maple Warrior (or Nova Warrior) give a % bonus to STR/DEX but not attack, is that right?

Apart from the above I haven't a clue what is causing the ~22 attack deficit in my calculated range. Where is that last 22 attack? o_o

7. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

Character Card Deck? Link Skills?

8. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

If you're still wondering about the 2H Sword Multiplier, I'm pretty sure it became 1.32

9. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

andbesides what polantaris posted, don't forget beginner skills like empress blessing and such, and set effects from equips

10. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

BW/Axe started at 1.32 and are 1.34, would not be surprised if Kaiser's the same. It's hard to count up all sources of atk though.

My Kaiser's w.atk is:
    253 atk - equips (visibly equipped ones)
    6 atk - Character card bonuses
    33 atk - Beginner skills with Attacker mode enabled
    25 atk - 2nd job
    10 atk 30% atk - 3rd job
    25 atk - 4th job (currently, will be more)
    = 457 total atk

Other things affecting range:
    +1.5 damage per level
    +8% hp into damage (note: uses BASE hp)

1961 str 156 dex, plus 457 atk = 80*457*multiplier + (1.5 per level +8% of hp) = 50167
    Level bonus = 186, hp bonus = ~720 (can't be exact cause I don't know my base HP)
    So 49260~ of my range is from the base. This gives me a multiplier of ~1.347, so I'll just assume I'm wrong about base HP and that the multiplier's really 1.34.

As far as I know, without Catalyze, I don't have any %atk going on though, so removing that and varying atk can help.
    Buffs, except Catalyze: 38590 max
    Removing 2 atk: 38376 max
    214 difference from an 80 multiplier = 1.3375 (which is just 1.34, rounded down - 1.34 would give 214.4)

11. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

Can someone else confirm whether range increases by 1.5 each level, that 8% of base HP gets added to range, and the 2H Sword multiplier is 1.32?

12. Donator Straight Male
    panama

Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

i confirmed the second one ages ago, it shows additively on your range (even if it doesn't actually work that way)

13. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

It's 1.34.

14. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

PDR does not affect range. Also Nova/Maple Warrior increase based off your base stat, so if you have 100 base str but 1000 total str, you would get 15 str from NW and not 150.

15. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

Thanks everyone for the help so far. The main stat calculations are nearly perfect now. After quadruple checking my gear, skills, and character card effects, my DEX matches exactly and STR is off by only 4 points.

Lastly, I should add 1.5*level and 1.08*base HP to the formula in my original post, correct? Is there a way to determine base HP, even if it's just a rough estimate?

16. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

EDIT: Nvm, I can't read.

17. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

Unless you have inner potential, HP is just (base + bonuses)*%hp, with all sources of %hp added together and all sources of +hp added together. So if you can add every source of HP up you can work it out.

18. Default Re: Should I be flooring before I put in these numbers for damage calculation?

Ok, so just naked HP excluding HP from skills.

Also, I don't know where the 1.5*level came from, but it can't be true. I realized when you level up, your range doesn't change at all.

19. Donator Straight Male
    panama

that was a character deck thing, not the actual formula.