1. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

Default Another Potion consumption experiment

You guys remember me posting the topic about the potion experiment? If not, that was the potion consumption experiment I've done on Valentine's day of 2009. Now I'm doing the experiment, only this time I'm experimenting on how much potion I consume when training at HoH of Strongholds. You may be asking "Wait a minute! Solo training at Hall of Honor? Why would you solo train in a party play zone? Isn't it less EXP?" Well if you are the only person there, yes you gain less EXP than you do with a full party, but I'm not here for the EXP. I AM here for the potion consumption experiment to do.

It was an annoying experiment to do as there were people coming in looking for a party when I'm too busy during the experiment. Horrible timing can't get any worse than that, can it? The main reason why is that too many people complain that Strongholds is a huge potion burner compared to that piece of pomegranate LHC. Like before, I used the countdown timer to help indicate how many HP potions I've consumed in an hour, except it is a different countdown timer from the one I used on my other laptop.

Spoiler

As you can see, I have consumed 331 Power Elixirs throughout the whole hour of this session. I'll consume less when training at Night Walker mobs alone (Advance Knight A) and more when training at Flame Wizard mobs alone (Advance Knight B,) and Soul Master mobs alone (Advance Knight E.) Training at Strongholds isn't as bad as training alone Prior to Big Bang even with Power Guard maxed as these mobs themselves do high damage and Power Guard was useless against non-touch attack. Potion consumption isn't my problem even though I have to spend mesos (and NX) on upgrading my equips and all that mastery book bullpomegranate which thank the gods I don't and have a crappy recovery skill that doesn't save me mesos since mobs do the damage beyond the recovery skill's recovery. Though, I am a warrior as everyone knows already, but still.

BTW the last one I've done wasn't well explained *poker face*

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

You must be doing something wrong. Might have your auto-pot set too high.

I'm a Hero too, I have only slightly more HP than you do (~26k), have 8000/1860 def/m.def (buffed), and I consume 60-90 powers or gingers in an hour at HoH. (The higher numbers are when I am using gingers and/or forget to get away from the mobs to chat, turn in quests, open boxes, etc).

3. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

300 is way to much for an hour of training at any mob.

4. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

Meanwhile, we Paladins will be sitting here enjoying our 2 potions a minute.

5. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

My Evan uses maybe 10-20 ales per hour at HoH, if i can set up mist and magic shield and keep my jr boogie out he uses almost none. But 300 is way too much, especially for a warrior. How hard do they hit you? My evan takes about 4-5k dmg.

6. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

I take about 4k to 5k damage, and whenever I use Panic on them, it's 3k from Soul Master mobs. Around 2K to 3K from Wind Breaker mobs, 1k to 2k with Panic inflicted. 2k to 3k (1k to 2k with Panic inflicted) touch damage from Striker, 4k to 5k (3k with Panic inflicted) if they use the shark skill, and 3k to 7k (2k to 4k or 5k with Panic inflicted) from a punch depending on how many it hits or misses. Flame Wizard mobs deal 2k to 3k (1k to 2k with Panic inflicted) touch damage and 3k to 5k (2k to 3k with Panic inflicted) from Flame Wheel. And for the Night Walker mobs, I take about the double or triple digit damage each hit from Vampire skill and 2k to 3k damage from the Avenger skill and touch damage. When I use Panic on them, It's 1 damage each hit from a vampire skill, and high 1k to 2k damage from them otherwise (touch damage and avenger) That is with Power Reflection in effect. When I solo train (I was solo training during this experiment mind you,) I sometimes use Panic on new set of mobs, but since it can only handle up to 6 mobs along with Raging Blow (7 with Aswan Inner Ability,) sometimes I will take more damage (especially thanks to the cooldown it has.) so if I want to solo train, Knight's Chamber 1 is the way to go for me.

I may have set it to 50% of HP, so maybe I should set it a tad lower so that I don't burn that much potions.

7. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

Well.. you can take about 5 hits so I'd set that to about 20%. I change it when I boss generally. 50% is very high especially for a character with that much HP.

8. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

I pot at the point i would get 2hkoed, so even if i lag a bit i should be fine. Haven't died yet. Try 20-25%

9. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

Night Lord, with Vampire, both A cards for Evan and Aran. I have literally zero potion use on most places. Not even MP, it recovers faster than I use it. Aside from PANIC situations, I literally need no potions. However, yes, we play it risky, and we are also literally at the brink of death.

But that just makes it more fun.

10. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

Shadowers and Dual Blades, too. Not sure why I use P. Elixers tbh, I could just use Mana Bulls or something.

11. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

Dark Knights are another who only use MP (which could be a Jr. Boogie). Aran needs HP pots on occasion just because they're a 3-4hko and sometimes healing doesn't work out quite quick enough.

In saying this, I'm isolating the Paladin as the fastest pot consumer of my warriors, as it's the only one whose healing has a cooldown. Hero hasn't been to Future Henesys yet on account of being under level 160, will probably use more than the Paladin.

12. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

My Paladin is invulnerable so often that the healing cooldown usually wears off before it can below 50% HP.

13. Default Re: Another Potion consumption experiment

They have buffed up DS a couple times since I played it - I forget if I ever tried it with the 10+ hit protection. I can see it not being a problem anymore.

14. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male

I didn't mention earlier. Through out this, I wasn't using familiars because I want to see what it's like to solo train if you don't have any familiars. By normal standards, that's my fault for not using familiars. The problem with familiars is that they disappear when you change channels which means you have to send it out again. Thankfully, HoH which is the best training spot has a spot where there are no mobs meaning you don't need to wait till you can equip.

Last time I did the experiment, I whined about how expensive HP potions are, but the main reason is that the damage the mobs deal were high back then. Power Guard barely save me any potions even when maxed until Chaos came along since it couldn't reflect Magic Attack. It felt like you need to be funded in order to solo train. I know I could have used Honsters, but because of the release of Haunted Mansion, I didn't bother going to NLC to buy them, except I did use a one time NLC mule to get 6000 of those, but I digress. Now the potion consumption isn't bad anymore since Big Bang.