Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Event Discussion] Beginner's Mafia - Discussion Thread

1. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

Also, your name. Last night my friend was watching what I posted and he was like "Moldyvort? His name is Moldyvort? No wonder he's getting lynched." lol ._.

2. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

Moldy was one of the newer players so you can't really blame him. Or any of the new players for that matter.

3. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

RIP. My conscience is now weighing heavily on me...

4. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

As is mine.

5. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

At this rate, I can't help but feel I will be lynched soon.

6. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Ha! You get lynched? What about the person who's been leading the townie into 2 innocent deaths?

7. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Well apparently some kind Mafia member took care of my conscience for me by killing me off. GL figuring it out because I'm still clueless.

8. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

I tried warning you all.

9. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

To be honest that was one of the most lousy doctor roleclaims I have ever seen .

Man if I was you in real life I would be screaming at everyone hoarse.

10. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

The cards were stacked against me from day 1 when I switched my vote. It just seemed SOOOO suspicious.

11. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

I didn't like your "threat" saying "y'all all screwed without me! pce". Not very doctor like in my opinion. But, at the same time I didn't feel right voting for you so the bandwagon rolled on without me once again.

At least this time Corn didn't lead the lynch.

12. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

It has been a weird game... we still get one more day, right?

13. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

8 players left, nothing stopping the mafia from killing now that doctor is gone meaning 7 in the morning, errrr. . . maybe?

Depends if there is 3 or 4 mafia players like Corn said.

14. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

For a doctor you sure sounded everything like the opposite. :|

15. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

For the record - the game will end if the number of votes possessed by mafia is equal to or greater than the number of votes possessed by the town. For obvious reasons. If and when that happens I will let everyone know.

16. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

Is that how forum mafia usually goes?
    Not knowing mafia:town ratio or the roles makes it REALLY hard. Specially with beginners, or people like me who haven't played in a couple of months.
    Even more so, when there are roles that are bit more complicated, compared to a classic set up.

For example, I didn't notice how idiotic was to investigate Corn until after I read a couple of old threads.

17. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

I agree. I know of traditional roles such as the detective, the doctor and the ever-present mafia but I'd recommend at least telling the ratio at the beginning so that we can keep track of it as the days progress.

18. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

That's exactly the reason I DIDNT tell you guys the ratio. It's too much information. And I said from the beginning that there would only be basic roles in this game. Hell, look at almost every death so far - vanilla townie. There's not much room to misinterpret that.

The important thing on a forum too is you get a sort of metagame - you get used to different personalities and things people do, so it's easier to tell when they're acting out of pattern when you've played with them in the past.

It's also only the third mafia game I've hosted - this is a learning process for me too.

19. Default Re: Beginner's Mafia

I don't know how mafia games work on other forums, but every mafia game we have had here the host has never disclosed the ratio of townies to mafia.

It is part of the game to guess and decide.

Anyway, so basically when the sun rises we only have one confirmed townie. Corn. Maybe we can win this after all.