Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

I really don't understand why people are complaining?

2. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

Because they don't approve of the "1300 person" limit.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

I wonder: how do they make sure 1300 players will receive X reward, when it's not a Hot Time but a Hot (Half?) Day?

I don't trust Nexon's RNG at the best of times. When they're programming it based on an estimate of how many accounts will log in, it will definitely not be pretty. Either the prizes will be gone before the day is halfway through, or the day will end with not even half the prizes given out.

4. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

How I'd do it is have a prize-counter that increments 1300 times during the event, and gives the prize + decrements if someone opens an award box while it's >0. But pick the 1300 times randomly, so that it's not "one person gets all 7" or anything.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

This.

It sucks, but I'll roll with the punches.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

What a s'hitty thing for them to do

7. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Counting to 1300 is easy. It's the "pick the 1300 times randomly" that's a problem when you don't know how big your pool is.
    In other words: It's 3PM. I just logged in, got a box, and clicked on it. How do you decide whether or not to give me a Chaos Scroll?

8. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

Say it's the 3-rewards one (to simplify).
    3 random times from 12-noon to 12-midnight:
    12:56pm
    3:23pm
    5:45pm
    The first person to open a box after each of these times gets the reward. So if you open yours at 3pm, and nobody else opened one from 12:56-3:00, you would get one. With 1300 available they'd be more like 2 per minute, so if nobody opened one for 30s before you did, you'd get it.

This would make sure around the right number are handed out, as long as people distribute themselves well across the 12 hours. If, say, the last 10 minutes had nobody opening boxes it could come out to 1280 given out, which is good enough.

No real way to test any of this of course. It implies it's best to open it when noone else is, which is impossible to determine.

They could of course just choose 12:00, 4:00, and 8:00, as well.

9. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

I'm suspicious that it really will be just the first 1300 that get it.
    I recall some hot day event a few weeks back, shortly after the start time (noon PST) alliance players were all getting some special scroll.
    I was busy doing something, so I didn't relog right away. When I did relog some time later, I got only the 100% item.

10. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Actually i realized this was completely separate from the hot days that were previously announced. I thought they made a previously thought guaranteed pos chaos not guaranteed.

What i would do to that 60% incredible no boom pos chaos...

11. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

While it's much better than MSEA where we have to find the GM for a minuscule change to get anything (1300? Hah, we're so exclusive we're only giving out 3 prizes!), I have to agree that any free gifting session where only 1300 people could get anything ruins the Christmas spirit especially when they're bound to screw up in some way.

12. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    IGN: thewatch3r
    Job: Lolmaster
    usa

Ok, that's great news. I thought they really just went out of their way to pineapple us over. Btw that 60% isn't a positive chaos, just a normal incredible one.

13. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

Care to elaborate? How is it a different hot time that the Xmas eve one people saw in the events tab? Everyone for the most part assumed we'd be getting the items listed in the tab at a 100% rate.

14. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

No hot days on mondays have been announced. Ever. This isn't in event tab, which is my point.

15. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

This IS in the event tab, dated for December 24th. It's towards the very bottom of the list, showing a Clean slate, a Chaos Goodness and an AEE along with the medals. Take a look.

16. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

I am pretty sure that his point was that this is a different hot time than the ones that @iAmFear; posted in some thread earlier this month. We thought they changed one of the hot times that were supposed to give a 100% rate of recieving a 50% chaos goodness scroll and other stuff to this, which would have been really annoying and unreasonable.
    Last edited by CrazyForDex; 2012-12-22 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typos

17. GLADIGATORS
    usa

My bad then.

Regardless, i won't be logging specifically for any of this.

@above: That.

18. Default Re: Log in this Christmas Eve to unwrap your free gifts!

Oh, I'm sorry. Is free stuff they didn't have to give out and 2x experience not enough for you?

19. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Don't understand the people saying "It's not 100% chance! screw that, i'm not logging in"
    You have to be in it to win it. Better chances for me if you don't log in I suppose

1300 people out of a server is far better than the 10 people pomegranate they usually pull.
    This is as nice as Nexon gets. I suggest you just take what they are giving you and stop complaining.

20. Interdimensional Rift Straight Male
    usa

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I ever complain about having 2x? No. Did I already backtrack on my original statement when I openly realized that this was not as bad as it originally seemed? Try reading the thread next time before attacking me.