Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Warrior] Demon Avenger Skill Build

1. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

@JoeTang, I see your SP build maxes out Exceed: Execution first, followed by Overwhelming Power and then Advanced Desperado Mastery.
    In a guide on BasilMarket, it was recommended to max in this order: 1) Advanced Desperado Mastery, 2) Overwhelming Power, 3) Exceed: Execution.
    In another guide on AyumiLove, it was recommended to max in this order: 1) Overwhelming Power, 2) Advanced Desperado Mastery, 3) Exceed: Execution.

Just wondering, what are your reasons for your build? What are the advantages of your build? For me, I am looking for a build that gives the highest DPM output. Thanks!

2. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

Maxing Exceed: Execution provides the highest damage output unless you exclusively train without it. Overwhelming Power provides a higher damage output than Advanced Desperado Mastery unless you have less than like 160 WATK.

3. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

This might just be me, but I found putting Nether slice and lunar slash together in a macro key to be a pretty effective mob killer, especially in Evolving World. I found it to be a bit better than spamming lunar slash or execution alone by itself.

4. Proton Straight Male

IGN: i123theDemon
    Server: Scania
    Level: 21x
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Liliace
    Farm: Bugs
    indonesia

Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

Nether shield spread still hits 2 monsters :/

5. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

Didn't mention it in the build, but Vitality Veil's a decent backup healing skill, when you don't have 20 Exceed to spend. You can regen to full health in a couple seconds and still deal some damage.

Only matters if you're like me and go into Hilla/Zak without remembering to buy any potions though, aside from 1/1s most mobs can't put a dent in you.

6. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

@JoeTang

So I was confused as hell on my DA and I just figured something out.

For some reason the Def Ignore on Nether Slice is being shown along with everything else.

I currently have the 15% ignore from lumi link, 15% from having Defense Expertise, and 2% from having Slice at 1 and on the stats screen it displays 32% ignore. It seems odd considering that is a debuff. Helps me to not have to figure out how much I have total but still.

7. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

Are you sure it's not from Ambition? Demon classes start with 20 Ambition and Willpower, which would give you 2% Ignore DEF.

8. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

Thought that was completely broken? I'll check later on today though. Gonna level it later, working on BaM now. But if ambition still displays correctly despite not working then that's what it is.

I guess I just completely disregarded it since it doesn't actually do anything.

9. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

I don't believe Ambition appears in your stat window. It doesn't in KMS. I only have 1% Defense Ignore on my Demon Avenger from Defense Expertise.

10. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

I don't think GMS ever fixed the visual glitch that doubles Ambition's PDR in the stat window.

My stat window shows 86% PDR, but I have 2 15% Nebs, Leafre Codex set and level 2 Luminous Link with level 58 Ambition. Should be 80.5.

11. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

Dunno man. I'll ave to see about this :S got to get 141 since defense ignore is actually helpful in Evo.

12. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

Took me forever to leve b/c of that exceed glitch, but it's gone now, and yeah is the profession.

13. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

@Anyone
    my math failed so hard, when i tried to calculate how much %HP a level 200 would need to hit 500k hp cap.
    I don't know which sources of %HP are off base hp, or which sources are additive vs multiplacitive.
    what's worse is i deleted my tables and really dont want to start from scratch with the same misconceptions.

please help :)
    i had something like ~50k base hp @ lvl 200, + 135% from 'defaults' (link skills, decent hb, demonic recovery, hyper HP)
    all the things that are, or can be active 100% of the time.

what i am most interested in, is, how much %HP on gear does a level 200 avenger need to reach 500k hp?

14. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

The notes in You & I part 3 state that they reworked Demon Avenger's damage formula. Given that we may be getting this in GMS in 2 days, do we know how it actually changed?

15. Default Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

No, I never checked.

16. Electron Male
    IGN: xUndine
    Server: Demethos
    Level: 212
    Job: Demon Avenger
    Guild: NeoAura
    Alliance: Aura

Cash7 Re: Demon Avenger Skill Build

@Thorr
    -edit-
    I don't feel like updating the figures but it seems like 4th job is giving me some hp since my hp at lvl 10 worked out to be 910hp after taking out the job advancements, leveling, equipment, skills and such. So i'm getting around 600 - 700 hp from the 4th job advancement if i count lvl 1 - 10 as gaining 30 hp per level instead of the normal 11 - 16 hp per level from 1 - 10.
    -edit-

It seems like the new Demon Avenger damage formula is 1.3 * (MaxHP / 7 + STR) / 100 * Attack * %Attack * % Total Damage. From my playing around in an excel spreadsheet, it seems like they just changed the divisor from 9 to 7. Comparing my range after playing around in the spread sheet and what it says in my stats window in game this seems to be pretty damn accurate. Any slight differences between the spreadsheet and the in game stats window seem to be caused by set effects being treated differently and rounding differences.

@kayeyerekay
    How much hp does a 200 Demon Avenger need to hit 500k hp? Well here's the short answer about 66.7k - 72k base hp and a total of around 600 - 650%hp.

About that base hp . . .

At level 10 you have about 180 hp give or take a bit. The Ability Points (AP) gained from leveling up from 1 - 10 when applied gives you an additional 1500 hp (including the AP automatically applied to MHP). You gain 30 hp per level plus 5 AP that give you 30 hp for each applied to Max HP.

At the second job advancement you gain 500 hp for completing the quest. At the third job advancement you gain an additional 100 hp and 5 extra AP to apply at your discretion. At the fourth job advancement you do not gain any additional hp, but you receive 5 extra AP.

Since you can't go without your Demon Aegis (secondary weapon), I will assume you have the 700 hp from it and the additional 200 hp from leveling it to its maximum level. That works out to be 180 + 1500 + 500 + 100 + 150 + 150 + 700 + 200 + 190 * 180 = 37680 base hp at level 200. The rest of your base hp is from your equipment, character cards sets, and character traits (professions).

Scrolling . . .
    The only thing worth using for hp scrolling is spell traces . . . Just use the 30% options for everything except your weapon. On your weapon go with the 15% option if you can . . . though that would require around 700 - 1000 10% clean slate scrolls to get your weapon to have all all slots and hammered slots filled with the 15% spell trace scrolls. Trust me . . . it's not worth it to use safety scrolls on 15%, its just too low.

About that % hp . . . . .

Here's a sad but true fact . . . the only % of anything (that matters) that is multiplied is Phyical Defense Rate / Ignore Defense(pdr), Deathloss EXPerience, EXPerience and drop rate. All other percents you see in Maplestory add together all instances of a % of some stat before multiplying the final decimal by the base of that stat.

As a level 200 DA I will assume that you have maxed Maple Warrior and have applied a skill point to the hyper skill of Hyper Health. This gives you a base of 30% hp (15 from each of them). I will assume that you use all outside sources of % hp you can get - Kaiser, Cannoneer, Beast Tamer and the Dark Knight. If you go for the most you can get, then you'll have 20% from a level 210 Kaiser, 15% from a level 210 Cannoneer, 5% from a level 210 Beast Tamer and 5% from a level 200 Dark Knight. If you're feeling a bit lazy for that then i will at least assume that you at least have all link skills at level 2 and have a Dark Knight at level 100. That gives you 63 - 75% hp in total, depending on how much time you invest.

Set effects and %hp items . . .

The Superior Gollux set gives 13% hp for 3 pieces. Lionheart gives 15% for 3 pieces and 30% for the complete set. Root Abyss gives 10% for 3 pieces. The Sweetwater set gives 20% for the complete set. The Ardentmill set (Meister) gives 10% for 2 pieces. Items that you can get 10% hp from include the Chaos Horntail Necklace, Dominator Pendant and the Crusader's Zeal Necklace. On a personal note, I have to sell my dominator pendant to go with 2 gollux pendants to get the 30% pdr and 30% boss from the 4 set effect and I leave out Ardentmill because I need the 10% damage from the Bounty Legends set. The set effects and pendants should get your total to 86% - 128% hp.

Nebulites . . .

Adding in eighteen 3% or 4% hp nebulites will get your total to 140% - 200% hp. Adding in a Decent Hyper Body skill nebulite will give you an additional 40%, but that's a buff.

Cubing . . .

At this point you must cube your gear for the rest of the necessary % hp.
    Assumptions :
    You have a are cubing your gloves for something other than %hp(% str, %max /min critical damage) or using one of the Mu Lung Dojo gloves.
    You have a ghost ship exorcist badge.
    You have either a Superior Lidium Heart or a Titanium Heart.
    You have a second pendant slot.
    Every equipment slot is filled with something.
    You are not accepting anything other than weapon restricted potentials on your weapon, sub weapon and emblem.
    All equipment is of tier 3 and are of Unique or Legendary rank potential with 3 lines of potential and bonus potential.

If you plan to get 500k hp with no buffs then you will need between 53.1k base hp with 648%hp in potential and 95.23k hp and 286% hp in potential. Those would be the two extremes of the lowest possible base with highest possible %hp and vice versa.

Though i must say . . . MY GOD . . . you're a filthy rich, mother pinappling, lucky bastard to be able to use the lowest possible base for passively getting 500k hp. If you get that, then you're like the GOD of Demon Avengers as you'd be free to scroll for attack on all other slots and still get attack in bonus potential. For the bastard that hits the highest possible base at 200, that's just some pinappling insane amount of perfect scrolling on items that really shouldn't be sacrificed to get that 95.23k hp(it's doable at 200 with no hp potions used and a few hundred more to be honest . . . I checked).

If you're going for 500k hp using %hp buffs then you'd need between 45.54k base hp with 648% hp in potential and 95.23k hp with 126% hp in potential. Both of these extreme cases assume that you use Diabolical Recovery, Overload Release, Decent Hyper Body and level 2 'A Queenly Fragrance'(Ephenia's soul weapon skill).

A more reasonable approach would be to get your DA to level 210 or 211 and scroll your hat, top / bottom / overall, face accessory, eye accessory and 2 - 3 rings with 30% spell trace and your weapon with 15 or 30% spell trace. Get 9 characters to level 100 or 200 for 2.1k or 3k hp from 3 sets of S or SS rank character cards. In cubing, aim for at least 21 - 30% hp on all or most of your %stat items including %hp in bonus pot if you wanna save cubes on near perfect normal potential. This frees you up to have 500k hp buffed or unbuffed and still be able to use advanced gollux scrolls on your superior gollux set and possibly on your reinforced gollux ring. You'd also be able to use chaos of goodness or incredible chaos of goodness on your tyrant equips and shoulder (assuming you're aiming for the highest range) instead of wasting hp scrolls on them. I'm aiming for about 71 or 72k base and 600 - 610% hp in total with no buffs so i'd be at 500k all the time.
    Last edited by Randomcity2; 2014-10-15 at 01:47 AM. Reason: 4th Job MaxHP Gain