Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

Where the f'uck have you been?

2. In my dreams... Gay Male
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 215
    Job: Hoyoung
    Guild: HROMATICUSSY
    Alliance: KATYPERRY
    California

Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

oops, oh well. :)

3. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

Amazon has been beating out Steam hard recently. I got Bioshock and Bioshock 2 for like $5 a few months ago, a quality of sale I never saw on Steam.

It's not like it's going to bankrupt Gearbox to give a discount on it's overpriced DLC.

4. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

Not as good, but I know I got BioShock and BioShock 2 for $5 each on Steam.

5. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

That's double the price I paid.

And it's not the only example. I'm building up quite a library on Amazon because of their sales.

6. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

Is that new 2008 Prince of Persia worth it? Or, that entire 'sands of time' trilogy? The 2nd one from what I remember goes all grimdark n' so edgy the prince turns into a dodecahedron.

7. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Do amazon sell physical or digital?

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qeefTsZifw&t=13m37s

9. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

I guess I like supporting people who make good games too.

10. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

Both. Most of these sales are Digital, and when they're digital you can link them to Steam if Steam has them.

Are you trying to suggest I don't? If I didn't, I wouldn't have bought it at all. In the case of larger companies, they have plenty of money. They don't need to be charging $60 per game, and I don't need to be buying them for that much either. They made more than enough off of BioShock, the $5 sales they got are gravy on the massive sales they already made on BioShock.

I don't like the insinuation that I do not like to support developers simply because I don't have infinite money to spend on every game that comes out now. The point of waiting to buy a game is that you get it cheap at the price of waiting a while to play it. That is the tradeoff. Do not accuse me of not wanting to support developers because I waited to buy a game. You should be happy that I bought it, because most people do not, especially when it's a PC game that was cracked years ago.

11. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

I'm usually on Twitter, IRC (#hisouten, #hisoutenJP), and a few anime communities if you know where to find me.

12. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

This simply isn't true. The major success of steam was making people actually go out and buy pc games. Don't try playing yourself off as a massive saviour of the internet for buying a game on steam.

13. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

Yes, because Steam has survived means that all piracy is over! Savior of the PC Gaming World, Steam is! Piracy is still extremely popular, proven by the fact that you can still find cracks for new games within hours if it's popular enough after release, sometimes BEFORE release of some games. If I didn't intend to spend any money at all, I don't have to, especially for a game that's 5 years old, or even 5 days old.

There's absolutely no reason to attack me for trying to save some money, and I will not accept any attempts.

14. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

THANK GOD YES, BEST SALE EVER! I LOVE YOU STEAM!

15. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

I lost track of your Twitter, and are you still Mi***to on skype?

16. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

Should be the same name as the one I have on here. I forgot if you have my Steam or not too. Here.

17. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Here I am thinking you blew Jedward's post out of proportion. I mean, sheesh, cut that guy some slack, all he said was he paid about $2.50 more than you did, and he supposed he kinda liked that $2.50 going to Bioware. Either way it's only frigging $2.50.

And my post is here that I got The Walking Dead for $2.50. Can't wait to play it.

18. Default Re: Prepare your wallets! Its steam sales time!

JESUS pineapple HOW DOES THIS AND FARMING SIMULATOR END UP ON SALE SO OFTEN HOW MUCH MONEY DO THE PUBLISHERS PAY VALVE DOES THAT GAME EVEN SELL

19. Certified Pimento Bi Male
    IGN: xxxxFenixR
    Server: Bera
    Level: Mix
    Job: Severals
    Guild: None
    Alliance: Nada
    Farm: Wut?
    venezuela

Maybe because it doesn't sell its the reason why its on sale so much?