Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

inb4 GMS makes these come from gachapon after the Tempest update. "As the Tempest Passes." Oh pomegranate, I gave them an idea.

2. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

i really wish we had gotten those...

3. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

JP MMOs are a great way to learn, honestly. At least the basics, if not the advanced stuff by talking to other players.

4. Mercury Straight Male
    IGN: StacknStick
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Phantom
    Guild: Exist
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: ButcherDen
    russia

Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

Why not move to GMS? It's no JMS but it's way better than what you're describing

5. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

I'm concerned about the lag and how I'd have zero funds. On the other hand I think I'm going to explode soon because our holiday boxes are complete scams and making good equips is so much cheaper in GMS, plus I believe Phantom creation would be open soon anyway. :| It's horrible, even the top players are now being cut off from their usual haunts because hackers are taking over Mu Lung and Cygnus and my friend has submitted proof but no action has been taken even with players complaining at the forums and providing proof.

It's also saddening to think about how I used to get so excited seeing events but now I know to never expect anything like positive Chaos Scrolls or 100% Epic potential scrolls to make scrolling more fun.

@Polantaris; How so?

6. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

Because you can learn by doing. If learn base hiragana and katakana, as well as recognizing common words and the like, it's actually really not that hard to at least be able to work your way around most things.

Yeah, if you want to experience the story and such first hand, you'll have to learn the language or wait for it in a version with a language you know, but other than that people make it seem far harder than it is to play JP MMOs. I think the concept of symbols instead of letters freaks people out far too easily.

Now while @Link; is far better at Japanese than I am (or probably ever will be), and he could be more helpful than I, I can definitely say for a fact that it's not impossible to learn at least basics from playing MMOs. He talks to JP players a lot to hone his own skills too, so it's possible to do that as well. All it takes is some patience (Don't expect to learn it overnight), common sense, and a lot of memorization if nothing else.

Just my two cents on the subject.

7. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

I should look into this, eh? Japanese is a language that I like but you are right that I am one of those people who gets freaked out at symbols, haha (Chinese and I do not agree at all)! At the very least it'll distract me from the sadness that is MSEA because I expect things to go to all hell by Tempest instead of getting better.

8. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

If you join now you can get those awesome 120 sets! =P

Plus Link and I would be willing to help you if you need it.

9. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

How accomodating are JMS players towards foreigners? I've always wanted to learn japanese and play JMS (two separate desires, mind you) but I've never had the motivation to actually sit down and learn the language.

10. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

I've read a little but it's the way they write that scares me off. I would say that it's culturally fascinating to me though since Japanese is a bit similar to Chinese.

11. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

The Japanese players I've met who can speak English as well are very friendly. As for those that only speak Japanese (Or just don't speak English or I haven't talked to them) I can't say anything about. You would have to talk to Link for more information on that end.

I've met quite a few JP players on other MMOs that are all pretty friendly. I've played Monster Hunter Frontier, PSO2, and various other JP MMOs, and while I don't go nuts with talking to people or anything, when I do talk to people, I'm usually met warmly with nice people.

I've heard there are people who can be asses...but then compare that to our English community.

12. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

"BAMF" doesn't even come close to describing this set when worn.

13. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

That helm looks dumb, honestly.

SO SO SO

Before and after range. You must.

14. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

...ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I loved those sets when I saw them in GMS data, and now it turns out that we'll probably never get them or get them in a BS way that makes it very hard to do?!?! SCREW YOU TOO Nexon America.

15. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

*points at the chat in the screen shot*

Fully buffed, my range went from 21kish to 24kish.

16. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

Kinda off topic but JMS also get GMS Lumi too?

17. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

The Kaiser outfit looks pretty neat.

Dat sword. Hnnnnnnnnnnnng.

18. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

Oh pomegranate where has THIS been all my life!?

19. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

Sitting around doing nothing in the game's data since the first tempest patch.

20. Default Re: The most awesome level-up rewards I've ever seen.

Not anymore though! Go grab it while it's hot!