Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

You could try it with a different weapon equipped to see if it's the multiplier or something else that changed. Another possibility could be 4*(STR+DEX+LUK) -> 3.5*(STR+DEX+LUK)

2. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

Yeah @Locked, instead of 1.3125 * 4 * (STR + DEX + LUK) it could be 1.5 * 3.5 * (STR + DEX + LUK)

DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT? DID YOU?!?

3. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

This here is more what I thought they would do. The 1.5 in their formula is the weapon multiplier, right? Since Xenon already has a unique damage formula, it would make more sense to change the formula itself to better accommodate the 3 primary stats instead of changing the weapon multiplier. Granted, Xenon has his own weapon, but changing the formula directly would affect Xenon regardless of what weapon he uses. From a design standpoint, that would make more sense to me.

Perhaps you should take a class-free weapon and calculate the damage with a normal attack and see if the damage is lowered for that, too.

4. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

Uh..

Order of multiplication.

My original thoughts were:

1) 1.5*(4*stat1+stats)*att/100

Which was false

2) 1.5*(4*(stats/2))*att/100

Which was false.

So then I figured they changed the multiplier.

Also like I said, order of multiplication is commutative so it wouldn't matter. Formula is simplified as:

Multiplier*4*stats*attack*100^-1

So 1.3125 * 4 is equivalent to 1.5 * 3.5 and et al. I doubt they would change the core component of the formula (4, attack, division by 100) so the only things that would matter are the multipliers and the way stats are handled.

5. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

If it's anything like the other classes that came after DS, you can't even equip common weapons that aren't their "own" type.

6. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

This here is my entire point. Give him an Umbrella and see what happens. Instead of XenonWeapon * 4 * stats, it would be Umbrella * 4 * stats. If they changed the formula itself then you are talking XenonWEapon * 3.5 * stats or Umbrella * 3.5 * stats. That's how you could find out for sure which part was changed. It would make more sense to me that they would keep the numbers simpler and thus change 4 to 3.5 instead of changing 1.5 to 1.325. It's a 2 minute effort to get a definitive answer.

7. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

You can't change weapons to determine damage formulas, they're not inherent to the class, they're based completely on the weapon (not just the multiplier). Going from Energy Sword to Umbrella changes your damage formula from Energy Sword's to 1H Sword's:

Energy Sword Multiplier * (4 * Main Stat + 1 * Secondary Stat) * WATK/100 -> 1H Sword Multiplier * (4 * Main Stat + 1 * Secondary Stat) * WATK/100
    Where Energy Sword's main stats are STR, DEX, and LUK, with no secondary stats, and 1H Sword's main stat is STR, with DEX as a secondary stat.

8. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

My range is pretty high when I equip random stuff like daggers on my mages though. I'll go check on something that's not a mage real quick.

edit: range went 1441 -> 1571 with a sword equipped on Mercedes after I cast MW
    1441 range with 68 str 1055 dex
    1571 range with 71 str 1155 dex

1571/1441 = 1.09
    71/68 = 1.04
    1155/1055 = 1.09

So it's still using Dex as main stat and Str as secondary. Nvm it's using str as main stat, it's just that most of the range is coming from the secondary stat. So boosting the secondary stat by X% still ended up boosting range by X%.
    Last edited by MountLag; 2013-05-23 at 01:38 PM.

9. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

1043 STR, 67 DEX, 20 LUK, 149 ATT (111atk Weapon + 30atk Blessing + 5atk Will of the Alliance + 3atk medal), no character cards.

1.3 * (4 * 20 + 67 + 1043) * 149/100 = 2305

Note that Daggers, like Energy Swords, have multiple stats assigned to something that would traditionally only have one stat assigned to it, in this case, both STR and DEX are counted as secondary stats.

11 STR, 785 DEX, 47 ATT (14atk Weapon + 30atk Blessing + 3atk medal), no character cards.

1.2 * (4*11 + 785) * 47/100 + 344 * .03 = 478

Unfortunately, I had that 3% WDEF to Damage Inner Ability.

Also note that in both cases, it's obviously not using the class's main and second stat, as 4 * 1043 STR is much too high to result in a range of 2305, and 4 * 785 is much too high to result in a range of 478. (Well, it's possible in the second case, given the lower weapon attack).

Addendum: I've observed a range increase from equipping an INT item on my mages with a weapon other than Wand, Staff, Fan, or Shining Rod. I'm unsure of how this fits into all of this.

This is just mages, I think? Increasing STR on Phantom with a 1H BW increases range, but increasing LUK does nothing. Fascinating.

10. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

Yeah I guess you're right.

Didn't take into account that 1055 >>>> 4*68 on my numbers.

11. Default Re: Xenon Damage Formula

What the pineapple.
    How would anyone even go about creating something like that and why?