Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Maple Advisory Council

For those who haven't seen this idea yet but might be interested;

http://thebluecorsair.com/council/

It's a little naive, more than a little optimistic, and probably doomed to Nexon Neglect and Indifference, but it's an admirable ideal worthy of support on the off chance it can actually accomplish its goals.

2. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

It is a good idea. Now just up to Nexon. Would be a great step to increase communication with the players and improve their in game experience.

3. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

One sec, I'll go get Tyler's attention. He can answer questions and hubub in this thread for you.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

Has Nexon ever commented on this idea? Or is this just players building castles in the air?

5. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

Yes! #TeamTyler!
    Tyler is a volunteer for Nexon, so no doubt Nexon knows about it.

6. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

He recently went to NexonAM HQ for a chat about it. I don't know much, but hopefully he shows up soon so he can answer any questions about it.

Edit: Hes at the dentist. He wont be here for a little while >> sorry.

7. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

Seems to be only a proposal at the moment. Almost like a petition.

8. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

Tyler said on the forums he is no longer a volunteer. o.o

In either case, I'm doubting this will get anywhere, considering how the MWLB went.

9. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

If Orville and Wilbur based their hopes for the future on the results of every unsuccessful test we'd never have flown.

10. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

He still has some quite strong connections with Nexon. Though yeah, I have my doubts whether this will work but I suppose if anyone can achieve it, it would be Tyler. Which is ironic, since he's a pirate.

#TeamTyler

11. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

I don't know what I am allowed to say, but I don't think he is quite done with Nexon. Like I said, he just had a meeting with people at their HQ not 2 weeks ago.

12. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

I usually don't post in Southperry, but this grabbed my attention. Sure it seems too idealistic to work but it's better to try right? I personally support it since not much is being done in-game about hackers.

MWLB failed sure but Tyler answered questions in one thread on the official forums about how he's worked out all the potential problems that may come up should this idea get approved.

13. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

I suppose. Considering Nexon's improvements this year, I guess I should give it the benefit of the doubt.

14. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

I don't think having unlimited in-game reports would cut down on the hacker problem at all. After all, reports sent by ticket via the help site are already unlimited. I went through a quixotic phase where I actually tried to report every hacker I saw, and very few of them were ever banned.

15. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

I think it is stated somewhere on that page that the reports would go directly to a GM. I'm not sure how the current report system works, but it sounds like a council member's report would receive a higher priority.

16. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i can somewhat see some problems with this, it would have to be on new chars for starters, otherwise you'd very well become the target of hacks that may come. flaunting around on your main char that you "work" for nexon is IMO, calling for trouble.

now if you didn't have the hat or anything that showed that you're part of this, then yea, would be nice to see what goes.

17. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

The hacking concern could be covered by their description of the higher security logon system.

Being stealthy and unknown would be removing, in my opinion, a very important aspect of this proposal; which is communication with the community, providing feedback.

18. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

Hello everyone! Sorry for not being a Southperry member before (despite viewing the extractions for years). Here to answer any questions or concerns of anyone, and thank you so much for the support Eos!

Many of Nexon's staff have seen and looked over the project. When the Tempest updates have concluded I will be contacting their team again and likely discuss the project with them; one-on-one if possible.

This would be true. While I'm no longer a Volunteer, I still have my direct connections with much of their team (which will be how I will pass it along as well). Thanks for the support though Paul!

When a player reports a malicious player (or any reports at all), it is instantly added to a queue, the order of newest to oldest being in question. They are then read, reviewed, and then finally an employee (GM) acts upon the report and sees if there is still a problem. Sadly, by this time minutes, hours, or even days can pass.

With this program, all reports by Council instantly bypass this queue and are read with importance by Nexon's appointed staff. As abuse of the program is possible, all reports would still be looked into, although they would be handled exponentially quicker then normal reports.

I thought about that when writing the program which is why having any of the incentives on their main character is optional / their choice. The Council character itself would be required to have no connections to it, by name, similar style, or behavior to protect everyone.

19. Default Re: Maple Advisory Council

I've sent in tickets about hackers and other players before. They've gotten filed but to this day I honestly have yet to see someone banned (in fact, I'd just keep seeing people's smegas everywhere). I hope this initiative actually works.

20. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

not necesarily, while yes, being a stealth character would remove the communication part, it would also make you, let's say "blend more" of course, it would be best to have a char for PR and another (which could be your main and whatnot) for simply walking around and snuffing stuff.