1. Default Hi, I'm Johnny and I have a question

Hi I'm Johnny, age 23, been playing MS a long time, been registered on SP (but no actively posting a long time), yada yada.

So I just wanted to say hi because out of every MS forum I've been lurking, this one actually seems full of useful discussion.

I've been googling and googling for decent info on so many things about this game, and every time I click a (forum name censored) link I get terrible threads that I entirely regret reading, and when I find answers here, I actually find what I'm looking for. It's been a breath of fresh air finding technical discussion rather than opinion wars on this board.

So my question is: what is this difference in forum cultures a result of? Does SP just have older members on average compared to other maplestory forums? What do you think?

2. Default Re: Hi, I'm Johnny and I have a question

We were founded on by and for people who wanted concrete discrete data and specifics.

That appealed to more people of the geeky persuasion who also brought their own contributions and we snowballed to where we are now.
    Yay, momentum.

3. Default Re: Hi, I'm Johnny and I have a question

It helps that it's a lot smaller community which makes it easier to manage.

4. Default Re: Hi, I'm Johnny and I have a question

Welcome to SP!
    To answer your second question:
    http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=40119
    A year old, almost, but it shows that most of us are older. Regardless, I think age is irrelevant and we're just a bunch of nice, "mature" people.
    I'd say it's more because the community is rather small, and how the mods work to keep everything organized.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Hi, I'm Johnny and I have a question

So uh welcome to Southperry, the land of chinchillas, pineapples, and opossums.

If you want useful information, stay out of the Funhouse.

6. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Default Re: Hi, I'm Johnny and I have a question

Welcome to Southperry. I'm pretty sure everyone else explained your answer very well and hope that you enjoy your stay here.